Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
3 games is deserved, you can't argue it wasn't dirty. I was expecting 2.

I am not sure why everyone is so shocked. I fully expected two, but am not overly surprised, given Kadri's history. If Doughty, arguably the best defenceman in the league, got a game - which is really a joke - then there was no doubt a repeat offender was getting more for a much more blatant intent to hurt a player.

Take the emotion out of it. If it was Marchand, we would be screaming bloody murder. The punishment fit the crime, although I did think it would be two games.

We can still win this series, but Kadri's act was selfish, stupid and has really hurt his team. Time for the boys to rally.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am disapointed at how quickly you guys give up. We have depth, do we not? We can still win if Babcock is not serious with putting Koma alongside Matthews.

That's right. I agree. This is just a game. We have plenty of depth, some good vets and still good goal tending

We will rebound, with or without Kadri

This just means more ice time for Matthews. Personally, I would doubleshift him like Minnesota is doing to Dumba

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yeah this is the final straw I sent Gary Bettman a really nasty twitter message, I want to know what he has to say for himself. I bet he wont even bother to respond even given the lack of transparency in this league.

LOL if you think buttman replying to your message measures the league transparency, you're going to be really surprised if you google NHL concussion lawsuit :popcorn:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Have I said that he hasnt?

All I said is that if Marchand, or Backes made this play, everyone where would think a suspension for a few games would be justified. Simple as that. Take the homer glasses off for a second.

Yet Marchand got nothing for his flying closeline ala WWE on Duclair after just being suspended.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly - this might be a good thing for the Leafs. being down one of their better players, will force the Leafs to play more smartly - they've done this before and i am certain they will do it now.

I have to say though, that this is something that was brought up this season when Kadri went "red mist" and hit someone because he was mad, and everyone was like "yah! YAH! good on Kadri for getting revenge". when all he had to do was take the name, take the number, come back and fill him in later, and it cost us the game. And everyone was like who cares, it's just a game, passion, heart, wish everyone played like kadri did.

And I asked, (and so did a few others)
what if this were the playoffs? What if his action cost us something big and it cost us a playoff series, or the cup. and it was "pft, like Kadri would do something like that?"

well here we are.
Kadri literally could have done anything in that situation.
he could have gotten the puck (because 2 bruins were out of the way)
he could have dropped his gloves and filled someone in, taken the instigator + whatever because the game was lost
or he could have made that hit.

i really hope that doesn't cost us the series.

Reactions: meng666 and Loosie

Cotton

May 13, 2013
How did one make sense? If any of our players got hit like that we would be calling for a 10 game suspension (because we over exaggerate).

Lol, go wear a bruins jersey you ****.

If Marchand did this to one of our players, what would you guys be saying?

We’d be saying “How in the hell does Marchand only get 1 game with his history”.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
He was standing up for his teammate. Clearly this concept is foreign to you.

Then he should have thrown down the mitts and beat the piss out of him, took his fighting major and been back for tomorrow.

That was a dirty play, and there is no way to defend it.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

All I said is that if Marchand, or Backes made this play, everyone where would think a suspension for a few games would be justified. Simple as that. Take the homer glasses off for a second.

Dude, are you actually arguing that a sports fan is biased towards his team on his team's sports forum? That's your brilliant revelation?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Martin isn’t playing, Kadri lost his temper unless Martin was on the line instead of Marleau him being in the lineup wouldn’t have changed anything.
Exactly! Martin has to be on the ice to be effective as a fighter/enforcer.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
3 games though?

We've seen plenty of dirty hits to this point already in the playoffs. With the game misconduct, they've essentially made us play half the series without our 2C.

Not a good move by Kadri, but many moons ago we played almost whole playoffs with a HOF C (Sundin) injured. We can do it without a 2C for a few games. Somebody has to step up. Show some heart.

Reactions: Brown Dog and Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Then he should have thrown down the mitts and beat the piss out of him, took his fighting major and been back for tomorrow.

That was a dirty play, and there is no way to defend it.

I'm sure if he had time to think about it, that's what he'd do, but in the split second he had to consider it, he just wanted to finish his check.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
3 games though?

We've seen plenty of dirty hits to this point already in the playoffs. With the game misconduct, they've essentially made us play half the series without our 2C.

Kadri was the worst. He had time to not lay the hit but still did it. Im not going to defend it whatsoever. He has a history of dirty hits leading to suspensions.

I cannot fault player safety. I am sick and tired of seeing guys have their careers ended/limited because of wreckless, stupid, dirty hits. I am angry that Kadri has put the team in this position.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri has his Tie Domi moment.A selfish player who has had attitude problems in the past will he ever learn?

Get that shit out of here. I am glad someone stood up. Don't let them take liberties on our stars while we just watch.

There was no need to double team Marner in a 4-1 game. It could have been a cleaner hit but I am glad Kadri went for it right within the second Marner was hit.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He was standing up for his teammate. Clearly this concept is foreign to you.
He may have "stood up for a teammate" but it was an incredibly stupid way to do so. Why not drop the gloves? Because Kadri never drops the gloves he only does cheap shots!

Reactions: Skelen

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

I also doubt anyone would be crying for a 3 gsme suspension if Marchand did that to Komarov. (Both very comparable players)

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad