Kadri owns media on Twitter, Franson wants long-term

• Thread starter BiggestLeafsFanEVER*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
the problem with the kadri contract is the fact we signed clarkson for such a stupid amount.

I honestly believe Kadri will be getting 5M/year for sure.

Clarkson has had 1 1/2 good years and is quite alot older with lesser expectations. I think Kadris potential and the Leafs desperate need for a top line C (with Kadri the best chance to have that) is going to push him to Clarkson money, maybe even term

what im trying to say is people shouldnt be surprised or in outrage over kadri camp asking for 6/6 if true.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
the problem with the kadri contract is the fact we signed clarkson for such a stupid amount.

I honestly believe Kadri will be getting 5M/year for sure.

Clarkson has had 1 1/2 good years and is quite alot older with lesser expectations. I think Kadris potential and the Leafs desperate need for a top line C (with Kadri the best chance to have that) is going to push him to Clarkson money, maybe even term

what im trying to say is people shouldnt be surprised or in outrage over kadri camp asking for 6/6 if true.

RFA and UFA contracts are not at all comparable. They just arent.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Agreed with the reality of what you've said. I wonder how the bolded part of your response isn't talked about more around here in regards to what the hell Nonis was thinking when he used a once-in-ten-years-kind-of-opportunity to buyout a guy with one year left on his deal? Did he have a trade in place for JML that swirled the bowl after he wasted such a gift by using that golden wrapper on Komi?

I still like Nonis and hope this all pans out well but it's interesting discussion fodder.

I'd imagine he'd need approval to spend any money on buyouts, especially considering how much the organization has already dropped just to see people go away. I know it isn't Nonis fault yet, but either way any owner would be sick of pissing away money on buyouts.

You also have to take into consideration that the Raptors have to routinely give money away to let the NBA babies go free. That disgusts me.

not fat at all, but i wouldn't say hes in great shape for professional athlete standards...most guys at gym look better

I don't know what you make from that photo. Either way, Kessel's fit level is the least of our concerns. He was our best player last year.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Agreed with the reality of what you've said. I wonder how the bolded part of your response isn't talked about more around here in regards to what the hell Nonis was thinking when he used a once-in-ten-years-kind-of-opportunity to buyout a guy with one year left on his deal? Did he have a trade in place for JML that swirled the bowl after he wasted such a gift by using that golden wrapper on Komi?

I still like Nonis and hope this all pans out well but it's interesting discussion fodder.
I'm not sure how you get that it's not discussed more, perhaps you've missed the umpteen million mentions?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I get really annoyed when i hear sports media personalities compare them. Those guys SHOULD know better.

The media will say and do whatever gets you to call in and listen to them. They have no qualms about misleading you, misquoting people or even flat out making it up, as long as the general public listens. They even have their own fanbase, we refer to them as 'realists'

Mr Scarface*

I got a question: Are Kadri and Franson able/allowed to play for us next season? Do they have contracts right now? Or are we forced to do some trades still or moves to get Kadri and Franson signed.
Period.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I got a question: Are Kadri and Franson able/allowed to play for us next season? Do they have contracts right now? Or are we forced to do some trades still or moves to get Kadri and Franson signed.
Period.

They have no contract with us and can not play a game without one. We are not forced to make moves or trades before signing them or even after we sign them as long as they fit within the salary cap.

Mr Scarface*

They have no contract with us and can not play a game without one. We are not forced to make moves or trades before signing them or even after we sign them as long as they fit within the salary cap.
Bowing down here like a mutha****er. Thank you, sir.

I am glad we don't have to make difficult trades or moves to get them playing. I am surprised that it takes this long to get them signed. They are important players although Kadri's statements are arrogant/cocky. He still was a huge part of our team even last year (on the ice that is).

When we they sign? When will they sing?

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Bowing down here like a mutha****er. Thank you, sir.

I am glad we don't have to make difficult trades or moves to get them playing. I am surprised that it takes this long to get them signed. They are important players although Kadri's statements are arrogant/cocky. He still was a huge part of our team even last year (on the ice that is).

When we they sign? When will they sing?

Did I miss something? When was he cocky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad