• Thread starter BiggestLeafsFanEVER*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
No argument there, Kadri absolutely makes the team better. Montreal did fine without Subban too when the season started and he won the Norris!

It'll all work out. Worst case we miss him for a half dozen games or so. Gives one of our rookies time to get a look...many other teams are doing that anyway in October.

it may be to the team's advantage to pay him 2.5 to 3 for half a season. that way he fits in under the cap and the team gets another look for half a season.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
No argument there, Kadri absolutely makes the team better. Montreal did fine without Subban too when the season started and he won the Norris!

It'll all work out. Worst case we miss him for a half dozen games or so. Gives one of our rookies time to get a look...many other teams are doing that anyway in October.

Do you think we can afford to not put our best line up in the first 6 games or so and still make the playoffs in a very competitive division....I would not want to take the risk as the difference between teams will be real tight.

I do agree that it is nothing to panic about as he is a RFA and it will work out. I feel this is the tact we will take with Franson as we can give Rielly his time to show us if he is ready and not lose a whole lot at all on the back end.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I've taken the trouble of looking up the tweet again.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 24 Aug

@43_Kadri going by what I've been told. Happy to set the record straight.

It would appear you are correct,happy to be proved wrong ;)

I can only conclude he's a poor journalist for publishing something without solid backing from a trusted source.

Rarely see a journo worth his salt publishing unless he's without fear of contradiction,even rarer to see one capitulate at the first sign of his work being challenged.

I don't know about that. It could go either way. The first part of the sentence says that he's been told that. I assume he doesn't write about rumors he hears from his kids or something. If he indeed has a source that he believes enough to report on it, the second part about being happy to set the record straight might be an invitation to talk more. This is the problem with tweets as they are open to interpretation.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I don't know about that. It could go either way. The first part of the sentence says that he's been told that. I assume he doesn't write about rumors he hears from his kids or something. If he indeed has a source that he believes enough to report on it, the second part about being happy to set the record straight might be an invitation to talk more. This is the problem with tweets as they are open to interpretation.

That's exactly how I understood that comment as well. I don't think he was retracting or apologizing for what he reported.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
It's one of the ways we could gain capspace. Not sure why you'd want to trade him though. I'd rather trade Liles with salary retained.

No one is going to trade for Liles at any salary, when you could pick up a similar player in Ryan Whitney or Tom Gilbert on cheap contacts and 1 year deals.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
I've taken the trouble of looking up the tweet again.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 24 Aug

@43_Kadri going by what I've been told. Happy to set the record straight.

It would appear you are correct,happy to be proved wrong ;)

I can only conclude he's a poor journalist for publishing something without solid backing from a trusted source.

Rarely see a journo worth his salt publishing unless he's without fear of contradiction,even rarer to see one capitulate at the first sign of his work being challenged.

Well considering he is a leafs reporter and not some basement blogger I trust what he says. Why didn't kadri respond when he said what he said about setting the record straight. I think later had some intel and kadri was upset it got out. Obviously won't reveal a source. That's not how reporting works

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Well considering he is a leafs reporter and not some basement blogger I trust what he says. Why didn't kadri respond when he said what he said about setting the record straight. I think later had some intel and kadri was upset it got out. Obviously won't reveal a source. That's not how reporting works

He called him out....and once is more then enough when you state that he lacks credibility.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Common Sense if he was on another team would the leafs trade for him?

Poor logic on your part. The Leafs have no use for another offensive oriented PMD. If you haven't noticed, that's the reason why JML appears to be on the market in the first place. For a team with such needs, Liles at 2.5 - 3 million per (assuming some salary is retained) is good value if you ask me.

:laugh: Well said.

You sure?

Last edited:

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
I would give Kadri 3 million for 3 years and Franson about 2.5-3.0 for 2-3 years...obviously would have to make room for that though.

Tavares2Matthews

Mar 1, 2008
How'd you feel about the Clarkson contract?

I'm kind of on the fence about it, I mean he's getting Joffrey Lupul Money. If he can be the David Clarkson we all know, then I think it's an alright deal.

There's a few contracts where I kind of just feel confused as to why they were made but hey, Nonis gets paid to be a GM, I'm just some guy on a hockey forum.

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland

I know how reporting works,there was more than a hint of sarcasm in my post:)

As 'shakes' says it's open to interpretation but I've no doubt Kadri asked for 6m x 6 years and that Alter had solid intel and pretty sure his response to Kadri was indeed a challenge.

Not only did Kadri not respond his initial tweet to Alter which was something along the lines of 'This is so ridiculous it's actually humourous',which isn't even a denial, but the tweet now seems to have disappeared.

This guy travels with the Leafs to all road games,stays in the same hotels etc,so spends a lot of time in their company,he wouldn't want to alienate any of them with false reporting,he may have been used as a tool by one of the higher ups,but it's his livelihood and would make his life easier to get along with them rather than have to side step them in a corridor.

Feb 24, 2004
I'm kind of on the fence about it, I mean he's getting Joffrey Lupul Money. If he can be the David Clarkson we all know, then I think it's an alright deal.

There's a few contracts where I kind of just feel confused as to why they were made but hey, Nonis gets paid to be a GM, I'm just some guy on a hockey forum.

I assume you'd rather have Kadri than Clarkson no?

Don't ever make the mistake of assuming these general managers know anything. The main pre-requisite for getting hired is having worked in that capacity before - its not like some of these guys are savants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad