Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri looking for 6x6 Deal, Franson wants long-term

Per David Alter

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 25m

Leafs and Kadri still far apart in contract negations. Kadri's camp started with 6mill per for 6 years, willing to go down to 5mill..(cont)

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 24m

As a way to help out Leafs cap situation. Team Insists cap isn't the issue... More interested in lower bride type deal for Kadri.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 23m

Meanwhile Franson's camp is still wanting a long-term deal as well.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 20m

Hearing the counter for Kadri has been in the 2 x 3 mill range which makes it difficult. Far apart in both term and cash.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 3m

Leafs biggest concern remains Kadri's production dropping off significantly over the last 19 games including playoffs.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Per David Alter

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 25m

Leafs and Kadri still far apart in contract negations. Kadri's camp started with 6mill per for 6 years, willing to go down to 5mill..(cont)

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 24m

As a way to help out Leafs cap situation. Team Insists cap isn't the issue... More interested in lower bride type deal for Kadri.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 23m

Meanwhile Franson's camp is still wanting a long-term deal as well.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 20m

Hearing the counter for Kadri has been in the 2 x 3 mill range which makes it difficult. Far apart in both term and cash.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 3m

Leafs biggest concern remains Kadri's production dropping off significantly over the last 19 games including playoffs.

This is the problem.

No way does he deserve 5-6m/year for 6 years. Let him sit.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
LOL, see ya Kadri, ur not getting that much

It's part of negotiations. I doubt his agent even thinks they'd actually get that. They probably want 5 but said 6 to make it sound like they're compromising. Negotiating 101. My guess is that they settle at 4.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Let Kadri sit until his price comes down, way down. Give Colborne a chance at the second line spot or move Bolland up. Maybe Colborne can find his groove between Lupul and Clarkson/Kulemin.

Van Riemsdyk Bozak Kessel
Lupul Colborne Clarkson
Ashton/D'amigo Bolland Kulemin
McLaren McClement Orr

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 27m

what a ****ing joke. i'd rather he sit than get that.

You obviously have no idea how contract negotiations work.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Whether he gets that or not, the fact that he thinks that is fair rubs me the wrong way. He's been quoted as saying his demands are fair. 6 million over 6 years for what he has accomplished is laughable. 5 million over 5 years is as well.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Even if they gave Kadri 4 I don't get how they'll sign Franson

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Let Kadri sit until his price comes down, way down. Give Colborne a chance at the second line spot or move Bolland up. Maybe Colborne can find his groove between Lupul and Clarkson/Kulemin.

Van Riemsdyk Bozak Kessel
Lupul Colborne Clarkson
Ashton/D'amigo Bolland Kulemin
McLaren McClement Orr

Lol....

Or, you know, continue negotiating his contract until he signs for about 4ish mil per, and not lose our best C for any games.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Whether he gets that or not, the fact that he thinks that is fair rubs me the wrong way. He's been quoted as saying his demands are fair. 6 million over 6 years for what he has accomplished is laughable. 5 million over 5 years is as well.

You do realize that the majority of negotiations are done by agents right? The players get update texts/phone calls every once in a while.

Leafs For Life*

IMO Kadri should either be signing a JVR deal (Almost exact) or a 3x3 deal.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Lol....

Or, you know, continue negotiating his contract until he signs for about 4ish mil per, and not lose our best C for any games.

Isn't that the same thing as "let him sit until his price comes down"?

Lol...

Or, you know, read and comprehend the posts you respond to.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
You do realize that the majority of negotiations are done by agents right? The players get update texts/phone calls every once in a while.

Yes, I realize this. And Kadri has stated that he believes what he/they're asking is fair.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Isn't that the same thing as "let him sit until his price comes down"?

Lol...

Or, you know, read and comprehend the posts you respond to.

No it actually is not the same thing.

You want to drag this on during the season and let Kadri sit out for games? Not only will we be losing every game icing that center depth, but you are also potentially setting ourselves up with future tension with Kadri and his agent when we have to re-up him again.

Dumb idea.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
No it actually is not the same thing.

You want to drag this on during the season and let Kadri sit out for games? Not only will we be losing every game icing that center depth, but you are also potentially setting ourselves up with future tension with Kadri and his agent when we have to re-up him again.

Dumb idea.

So if his price doesn't come down you do what? You're not making much sense here pal. Oh wait, you're not my pal.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
So if his price doesn't come down you do what? You're not making much sense here pal. Oh wait, you're not my pal.

Neither do I want to be your "pal".

Not sure why you guys are saying 6mil, when it clearly says he's willing to come down to 5 mil.

4.8 mil and id lock him up. Deserves every penny that Sam Gagner got, and his agent is definitely using both Gagner and landeskog as comparables.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Neither do I want to be your "pal".

Not sure why you guys are saying 6mil, when it clearly says he's willing to come down to 5 mil.

4.8 mil and id lock him up. Deserves every penny that Sam Gagner got, and his agent is definitely using both Gagner and landeskog as comparables.

I don't think he deserves anywhere near what those two received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad