Kadri on wing and other thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I think 2014-2015 is the year that Kadri should get the first 40 games of the season centering the top line... JVR - Kadri - Kessel. Nazem will be 24, and started his third "full" NHL season.

We shall see if he has got what it takes to be a #1C.

After Carlyle gets canned when the leafs start the season 0-8, then hopefully the new coach has the minimal IQ needed to know that Bozak on the 1st line doesn't work, isn't working and will never work; unless the goal is a bottom 10 pick every year.

HonestHockey*

After Carlyle gets canned when the leafs start the season 0-8, then hopefully the new coach has the minimal IQ needed to know that Bozak on the 1st line doesn't work, isn't working and will never work; unless the goal is a bottom 10 pick every year.

Based on the fact they are one of the top producing lines in the NHL playing the toughest QoC?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Based on the fact they are one of the top producing lines in the NHL playing the toughest QoC?

Based on the fact Kessel is one of the top producing players in the NHL regardless of who faces the toughest comp and one season where Bozak played well in 40 games doesn't change the fact we still missed the playoffs with him as our top center again. What we need is Grabs on our 3rd line facing the best comp and Kadri having a good season to have any chance of the post season. You can argue that if you like, but the only playoffs Bozak has ever seen has had that scenario, not one where he faced the best comp.

HonestHockey*

Based on the fact Kessel is one of the top producing players in the NHL regardless of who faces the toughest comp and one season where Bozak played well in 40 games doesn't change the fact we still missed the playoffs with him as our top center again. What we need is Grabs on our 3rd line facing the best comp and Kadri having a good season to have any chance of the post season. You can argue that if you like, but the only playoffs Bozak has ever seen has had that scenario, not one where he faced the best comp.

Grabovski has never faced the top QoC. Try to mislead all you like but I'll call you on it.

Fact of the matter is Bozak has to face top QoC nightly because no one else can. It's lines two and three that drop the ball.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Grabovski has never faced the top QoC. Try to mislead all you like but I'll call you on it.

Fact of the matter is Bozak has to face top QoC nightly because no one else can. It's lines two and three that drop the ball.

He hasn't? I must have misunderstood how it works. I should pick the 3rd center from the top so it works for you?

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
I'm almost out of words right now reading this.

Is there a form of amnesia people went through in the 8 game losing streak?

He was put on the wing when he entered the league and it was not good. He's a much better center.

Exactly Dave, this has been tried before and he was invisible, lost and just flat out stunk.

HonestHockey*

He hasn't? I must have misunderstood how it works. I should pick the 3rd center from the top so it works for you?

Pick whatever you like. Bozak plays the top QoC and even more so this past season.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Grabs 2012- Corsi QOC- 2.509
Bozak 2012- Corsi QOC- 2.299

Grabs 2012- Corsi Rel QOC- 1.457
Bozak 2012- Corsi Rel QOC- .858

Grabs 2012 Off. zone starts- 36.7
Bozak 2012 Off. Zone starts- 44.8

Grabs 2012 Off zone finish- 43.3
Bozak 2012- Off zone finish- 44.5

Hmmm. I seem to have misplaced my decoder ring. Can someone tell me what this means per both players

HonestHockey*

Grabs 2012- Corsi QOC- 2.509
Bozak 2012- Corsi QOC- 2.299

Grabs 2012- Corsi Rel QOC- 1.457
Bozak 2012- Corsi Rel QOC- .858

Grabs 2012 Off. zone starts- 36.7
Bozak 2012 Off. Zone starts- 44.8

Grabs 2012 Off zone finish- 43.3
Bozak 2012- Off zone finish- 44.5

Hmmm. I seem to have misplaced my decoder ring. Can someone tell me what this means per both players

Where you picking up this crap. Not even close to the extra skater numbers. Oh yeah there I found it. During the season we finished 26th. My bad. Thought he we were talking the playoff year. Where Grabovski got shuffled down.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

Grabo is not the solution in the 3 spot, sorry but you can't afford to pay 3rd line players 5+ million, especially when you already have one on the wing. There are a lot more holes then signing a guy like Grabo to come in and be your 3rd line centre.

The problem with Toronto was no secondary scoring, the 1st line was leaned on too much to produce all the offense. When that went cold the second line failed to deliver any kind of relief.

The third line had next to no impact at either end of the ice and the 4th line was pretty much useless. That is not saying there weren't some use full players on the team from lines 2-4 because there was, just not consistently enough to make any real impact.

The only bright spot last season was the goaltending. And the wheels even fell of that cart towards the end of the season because of how piss poor the team in front of them were playing.

HonestHockey*

Bozak playing "the top QoC and even more so this past season" led to our amazing 22nd place finish.

Awesome trending upward. Now if we only had a second line center who could play against better QoC we'd be laughing.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'd consider Kadri a #2C at this point in his career. Has the potential to be a #1 if he continues improving. Way too good for the 3rd line.

I can't agree with people calling his 44 points in 48 games as a 22 year old a fluke, yet are convinced Bozaks 49 points in 58 is the real deal.

HonestHockey*

I'd consider Kadri a #2C at this point in his career. Has the potential to be a #1 if he continues improving. Way too good for the 3rd line.

I can't agree with people calling his 44 points in 48 games as a 22 year old a fluke, yet are convinced Bozaks 49 points in 58 is the real deal.

Gotta look at the whole picture. Kadri has yet to prove he can play against top end talent.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
over 1.5 seasons Kadri's produced at at least a decent clip in the minutes he's been given by a coach who plays his top line 25 mins a game.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Top line does not get 25 minutes a game, little less than 21.

This year Kadri got 50 points in 78 games.

i think 50 pts in 78 games playing 17.5 mins a game is decent production.

when 49 pts in 58 games playing 21 mins a game is considered really good production, especially given all the tremendously important things that Bozak does that don't show up on the scoresheet but will presumably one day be reflected in the standings.

TOI/point last season:
Bozak 24:47
Kadri 27:07

including PP time (Bozak got like 30 seconds more a game but with Kessel and the 1st PP, obviously):

i mean you can only play the minutes you're given. it was obvious the Carlyle didn't trust Kadri to play a lot against the Western conference bruisers, SJ and St. Louis especially. but he also thought the answer was more minutes for McClement, who was just clobbered in those games.

Last edited:

HonestHockey*

i think 50 pts in 78 games playing 17.5 mins a game is decent production.

when 49 pts in 58 games playing 21 mins a game is considered really good production, especially given all the tremendously important things that Bozak does that don't show up on the scoresheet but will presumably one day be reflected in the standings.

TOI/point last season:
Bozak 24:47
Kadri 27:07

including PP time (Bozak got like 30 seconds more a game but with Kessel and the 1st PP, obviously):

i mean you can only play the minutes you're given. it was obvious the Carlyle didn't trust Kadri to play a lot against the Western conference bruisers, SJ and St. Louis especially. but he also thought the answer was more minutes for McClement, who was just clobbered in those games.

Hence the problem. Kadri hasn't shown he can play against the big boys and it's putting strain on line one. That needs to change.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
This is ironic, The Leafs were a one line team last season.

If you say so ;)

People talk about QOC, but forget to include QOT
Bozak QOT %33.0
Kadri QOT %30.3
Bozak plays with better players.
http://www.extraskater.com/players/dashboard?min_gp=25&sort=qot_toi&season=2013&team=tor

Kessel still had more points per minute with Kadri then Bozak.
Bozak on the second line would be horrible for our team. Where would the offense come from?
Kadri put up 50 with Clarkson, doubt Bozak could do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad