Kadri on wing and other thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
Why was Kadri never placed on the wing? In my opinion I think thats a far better place for his offensive attributes to shine than on center.

Last edited by a moderator:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm almost out of words right now reading this.

Is there a form of amnesia people went through in the 8 game losing streak?

He was put on the wing when he entered the league and it was not good. He's a much better center.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He is a fine Second line Center. We need to find players that actually compliment him.

Currently we have 2 second line wingers (well 1, and the other was signed to be one) - Lupul worked out fine with Kadri, but has gone stale. Clarkson has never worked with him.

Question:

What player would compliment Kadri's game? I personally could see a guy like Moulson working well with him.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Why was Kadri never placed on the wing? In my opinion I think thats a far better place for his offensive attributes to shine than on center.

what-did-you-just-say.gif

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
He is a fine Second line Center. We need to find players that actually compliment him.

Currently we have 2 second line wingers (well 1, and the other was signed to be one) - Lupul worked out fine with Kadri, but has gone stale. Clarkson has never worked with him.

Question:

What player would compliment Kadri's game? I personally could see a guy like Moulson working well with him.

Wrong

He is a bad second line center. Team defense depends on the center.
A center has to be able to play good at both ends of the ice and as of right now Kadri is not that.

This aspect shows why the Leafs are allowing so many shots.
This team is full of players who are just not dedicated to the defensive aspect or are just unable to perform this duty.

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
Wrong

A center has to be able to play good at both ends of the ice and as of right now Kadri is not that.

This team is full of players who are just not dedicated to the defensive aspect or are just unable to perform this duty.

Kind of where I was going with this.

Id imagine kadri on wing paired with a more defensively responsible center would be much better than the current situation.

siddy

Oct 26, 2010

Nope.

He is a bad second line center.
20g and 50 points is a decent 2nd line center. edit: He's sitting 34th in the league for centers in points. That puts him squarely in the 'good second line center' camp.

Team defense depends on the center.

He's 23 and learning.
It's a team issue, not a Kadri issue.

I just don't get why people are having issues with Kadri. He's a young, up and coming center with skill and grit. Isn't that exactly what Leafs fans always wanted?

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Nope.

20g and 50 points is a decent 2nd line center. edit: He's sitting 34th in the league for centers in points. That puts him squarely in the 'good second line center' camp.

He's 23 and learning.

I just don't get why people are having issues with Kadri. He's a young, up and coming center with skill and grit. Isn't that exactly what Leafs fans always wanted?

Did I say it was only a Kadri issue?..I said it was a team issue.. and he is part of the team.

"This team is full of players who are just not dedicated to the defensive aspect or are just unable to perform this duty."

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Nope.

He's 23 and learning.

We have a bingo!

----
Kadri can be an above average to highend second liner, if he were with the appropriate linemates. Call me delusional, or an expecting loser leaf fan...but I am more than happy with our top 2 Centers; if we find the right mix of wingers for Naz.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy if we improved upon them ; As long as it was a plan that worked for the future. I.e no trading Kadri and replace with aging Center.
----

I think this is the rock bottom for the team; and need the bottom out phase next year to get our ducks in line. A patch work is something we are all too used to - change in direction, with future being the main focus. And it wont come at a better time than next year.

Admit defeat, bottom out with the light at the tunnel firmly in focus. (ALA Colorado, perfect mould to go after)

Our core can sustain a bottom out phase, we are still young and can endure the curve. (We aren't in win now, we should firmly believe in win soon, rather than WIN NOW!)

gosuscores

Apr 29, 2010
Id imagine kadri on wing paired with a more defensively responsible center would be much better than the current situation.

I am legitimately curious, and concerned. Do you not recall the Kadri-on-wing experiment that was tried not too long ago? At all?

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
A line with Cammi - Kadri - Clarkson/Kulemin looks decent enough for me. You got a sniper on the left, a (weak) power forward on the right, and a good enough playmaker who also scores in kadri.

Ace88*

Wrong

yep

it's all kadri's fault that the leafs are allowing so many shots

:facepalm:

kadri's a great second line centre. he's had his sophomore slump (second full season, yes it is) and in the midst of a lousy year he's still putting up 50 points. He'll bounce back in his 3rd season like most young players do and put up 65 or so points, at which point he will be the second coming of Jesus once again, thus restoring the cycle of silliness established by short-sighted leaf fans with the inability to think big picture

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I'm not sure playing our only young, offensive, high potential centre on the wing makes sense for a team that lacks strength down the middle....

I mean, unless we manage to get a #1 centre and need a winger?

Ace88*

We should be able to get a decent prospect and a first for him. Too bad he didn't wave his no trade last month to go to Philly. Carter would look good on that first line with Stajan

yeah if we had philadelphia's pick in the draft i really wanted tedenby he is a great prospect and should go in the top 20 this year

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

Question:

this is the problem with the team.

Kadri plays well with guys like Lupul who have speed and skill. But they are a soft line and easy to move of the puck. It's the same problem with the top line. Yeah they can score, but they are liabilities defensively and can't grind out dirty goals. I think our top 6 makes it impossible for us to go far.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
yep

it's all kadri's fault that the leafs are allowing so many shots

:facepalm:

kadri's a great second line centre. he's had his sophomore slump (second full season, yes it is) and in the midst of a lousy year he's still putting up 50 points. He'll bounce back in his 3rd season like most young players do and put up 65 or so points, at which point he will be the second coming of Jesus once again, thus restoring the cycle of silliness established by short-sighted leaf fans with the inability to think big picture

I don't have any problem with his drop in production. I have a bigger problem with his lack of compete and constantly diving. everyone knows what he's doing and it's to the point where the refs just don't call anything on him anymore. Granted he's still very young, but there's no excuse for dumb crap like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad