Kadri, how is this even possible?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You mean why do people feel the need to discuss a player on a message board? Seems like good discussion to me.

He was lucky to score 64 goals over the past two seasons. Nobody expected him to produce like that. Most thought he was a 50-55 point C and 20-25 goal man.

What's his 5v5 PDO like in those two years and his career overall anyways? Can't look it up right now.

I don't generally think about goals specifically, just points (but that's just me). I'm on record with my prediction that in the first 5 years of Kadri's deal he will average between 55 and 60 points. So far so good.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri needs to figure out how to bring the same game to the third line as he did to the second last year. Probably needs to be taken off the first PP unit also, he's just in a decoy role.

Reactions: Pookie

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
In a perfect world we keep Kadri as our 3c going forward for depth, but unless we can move Marleau or Zaitsev in the offseason then Kadri will need to go to make room for Kapanen.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In a perfect world we keep Kadri as our 3c going forward for depth, but unless we can move Marleau or Zaitsev in the offseason then Kadri will need to go to make room for Kapanen.

Kadri often seems to forget what his ideal game should be. He's figured it out on a number of occasions in 2013, 2017 and 2018 but has these long stretches where he's just quiet, not physically engaged, doesn't touch the puck, etc. Not sure as a veteran why he doesn't just bring the same game more often than not in any situation. That kind of thing sort of limits his effectiveness for me, and was something I was curious about entering the season. Would like to see him play a more meaningful role on the 2PP unit as a guy who isn't just a decoy out there. Maybe that will help him re-engage a little more.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri has had post poor linemates this season besides the small stretch without Matthews.

I think he needs to have another gritty energy player to be most effective. He has played his best hockey with komarov and other fast players. He seems to have 0 chemistry with brown.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri has had post poor linemates this season besides the small stretch without Matthews.

I think he needs to have another gritty energy player to be most effective. He has played his best hockey with komarov and other fast players. He seems to have 0 chemistry with brown.

I think he’s an emotional player. Another gritty guy could help ignite him.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kind of like how Komarov "ignited him"?

Kadri needs speedy wingers who play with skill and can make a pass.

Komarov was on his wing for his best season and for the first quarter of the year where he was almost a PPG.

Kadri slumped all over the ice last year. Including the PP where Komarov did not play with him.

Komarov off to a great start this year. Outpointing Kadri at EV and 16 goal differential in the plus/minus category

Reactions: Duffman955

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Komarov was on his wing for his best season and for the first quarter of the year where he was almost a PPG.

Kadri slumped all over the ice last year. Including the PP where Komarov did not play with him.

Komarov off to a great start this year. Outpointing Kadri at EV and 16 goal differential in the plus/minus category

Kadri was at his best with Marner

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Relative.

15 points at EV with Marner 20 points without him (12 of those with Komarov).

So ... one, two, three... three better.

Regardless of points, he generates more with skilled players that can think and see the game like him. Lost count of how many plays died on Komarov's stick.

Reactions: Koolboss

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Regardless of points, he generates more with skilled players that can think and see the game like him. Lost count of how many plays died on Komarov's stick.

Regardless of points he generates more.... what?

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Regardless of points he generates more.... what?

He looks more dangerous, creates more chances, is more engaged in the play, skates harder.

When Kadri plays with non skill guys he looks disinterested.

Get it?

Edit: I'm getting tired of spoon feeding you simple logic. I'm out.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
16-17: ES 13:56 (A qoc), 52.8pos%, +2.7rel, 8.9oish%, 2.10p60
17-18: ES 13:58 (A qoc), 49.2pos%, -2.6rel, 8.1oish%, 1.83p60
18-19: ES 13:45 (B qoc), 50.0pos%, +0.1rel, 5.6oish%, 0.90p60

oish% is hurting him this year. everything else looks solid.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
When Kadri plays with non skill guys he looks disinterested
Well isn't that sort of a big problem then? He won't be playing ahead of JT or AM, so if he can't get up to play as a 3c for us he will become a liability very quickly.

Personally I don't think that's the issue at all.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Feel bad for Kadri.

Only player that plays with his heart against physical teams. Rest of the team just rolls over and lets other teams have their way

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2