Kadri, how is this even possible?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
People that are bias should look inward at their own bias
Im not biased. I just dont say false stuff like you.
Examples
"People that are bias should look inward at their own bias"
I agree maybe biased people like you should look at their bias. I like that you are giving advice to yourself.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Im not biased. I just dont say false stuff like you.
Examples
"People that are bias should look inward at their own bias"
I agree maybe biased people like you should look at their bias. I like that you are giving advice to yourself.

What is false in what I said and people that go around making appreciation threads, you have got to know they are bias.

My bias against Kadri is the way way he plays hockey, he is a one trick pony, he can't play the wing and needs the best wingers to feed him the puck in the slot area, so he can take a shot and as a back checker he is sub par, this year as the 3rd line center, he is over paid for that position.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What is false in what I said and people that go around making appreciation threads, you have got to know they are bias.

My bias against Kadri is the way way he plays hockey, he is a one trick pony, he can't play the wing and needs the best wingers to feed him the puck in the slot area, so he can take shot and as a back checker he is sub par, this year as the 3rd line center, he is over paid for that position.

I don't think some people actually understand what "bias" is.

Seems like it is thrown out as a term when someone says they disagree.

Reactions: Budsfan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
On another note, I wonder if Blues are happy about the 15 million investment they made on the centre. That centre is on a 32 point pace and is racking up minuses again

No more or less happy than we should be.

Take out the PP points.

Kadri 30GP, 10 points, -9 ... Pace 27 points , -25
Bozak 28 GP, 8 Points, -8 ... Pace 23 points, -23

And Bozak is older.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

My bias against Kadri is the way way he plays hockey, he is a one trick pony, he can't play the wing and needs the best wingers to feed him the puck in the slot area, so he can take a shot and as a back checker he is sub par, this year as the 3rd line center, he is over paid for that position.

LOL. Yikes. One trick pony - which trick is that? What makes you say he can't play the wing and why would we want him to play the wing?

Reactions: stickty111

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Wonder whatever happened to the PK:

"We think he’s going to be good on the penalty kill. We were going to do it for next season, but here we are today, and we needed to get him some reps there in practice." - Jan 19, 2016

Maple Leafs experiment with Nazem Kadri on penalty kill | The Star

He's either really crappy at practice or something happened that made them give up on their intention

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
LOL. Yikes. One trick pony - which trick is that? What makes you say he can't play the wing and why would we want him to play the wing?

Mostly because he isn't cutting it as the 3rd line center and people want him to play with better players. as a winger he may play with Mathews or Tavares but he could only do that as a winger.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

No you are biased. stuff like Hyman is a better player, and then saying people blame the wingers, you have got to know they are biased.
If you dont like the way Kadri plays, then there is something more to the story here(you loved Bozak for whatever reason, Bozak cant play the wing either, im just saying). A one trick pony that scored 30 goals in back to back years? He should continue to be a one trick pony then. Kadri isnt the only player that cant play the wing. Crosby probably couldnt play it either. Does that diminish him as a player?
Is Komarov a great winger by your definition? Kadri scored 30 goals with him. There goes the "he needs the best wingers to feed him the puck" philosophy. As a back checker, he isnt wreckless like Hyman so it doesnt mean it's subpar.
If Kadri scores 50 points again, he isnt overpaid for the role. Overpaid is someone like your favorite player Tyler Bozak.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mostly because he isn't cutting it as the 3rd line center and people want him to play with better players. as a winger he may play with Mathews or Tavares but he could only do that as a winger.
Yes he is. He is close to a 50 point pace. Im fine with that for a 3rd line centre.
I agree Bozak is a one trick pony.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
A one trick pony that scores 30 goals, sticks up for himself, and provides an element that we dont have.
He cant play the wing though, get rid of him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Also Kadri can play the wing. He just is more effective as a centre. If you put him on the wing, he would be okay.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If anyone wants to see how bad plus minus is, just look at Mark Fraser.

Didn’t you weigh in and say Bozak was racking up minuses?..... yep... t’was you.... so if it’s bad... what gives?

What was your intent?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bozak vs Kadri

What a joke, anyone that has been around here knows I have always felt that Bozak was a terrible hockey player. Look at him now, just awful and was expected by me. Kadri is clearly having a different more difficult time with adjust to married life and his new designation. 16 pts in 30 is starting to get a bit concerning. Wake up time Naz.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Wonder whatever happened to the PK:

"We think he’s going to be good on the penalty kill. We were going to do it for next season, but here we are today, and we needed to get him some reps there in practice." - Jan 19, 2016

Maple Leafs experiment with Nazem Kadri on penalty kill | The Star

He's either really crappy at practice or something happened that made them give up on their intention

Didn’t Matthews get injured, resulting in Kadri needing to take more 5v5 mins, therefore coming off the PK as he also plays PP1?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Didn’t Matthews get injured, resulting in Kadri needing to take more 5v5 mins, therefore coming off the PK as he also plays PP1?

Is someone seriously complaining about Kadri not killing penalties? WTF is going on here?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Bozak vs Kadri

What a joke, anyone that has been around here knows I have always felt that Bozak was a terrible hockey player. Look at him now, just awful and was expected by me. Kadri is clearly having a different more difficult time with adjust to married life and his new designation. 16 pts in 30 is starting to get a bit concerning. Wake up time Naz.

Bozak is nearing the end of his career and it also appears Kadri will also be following him, at least we don't use derogatory names with Kadri, like Bozo and flowzak.

Bozak came to the Leafs undrafted and he earned his position as our top center, my only regret with bozak's departure was we got nothing for him or JVR and when Kadri is traded, I also want something for him too, I expect Dubas to get some kind of return and not just let him go because we need to reduce cap.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Bozak is nearing the end of his career and it also appears Kadri will also be following him, at least we don't use derogatory names with Kadri, like Bozo and flowzak.

Bozak came to the Leafs undrafted and he earned his position as our top center, my only regret with bozak's departure was we got nothing for him or JVR and when Kadri is traded, I also want something for him too, I expect Dubas to get some kind of return and not just let him go because we need to reduce cap.

Kadri's under contract for a number of years yet so it's a bit early to worry about losing him for nothing.

Why are we talking about Bozak anyway, there can't possibly be anyone still left (other than Pookie I suppose) that still thinks we should have kept him instead of Kadri or am I wrong? Bozak isn't doing too well in STL I gather but whatever, I wish him well but don't really care much one way or the other. Kadri's way better than Bozak and has been for many years, this debate was done a long time ago.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

No as the thought of experimenting with Kadri on the PK was in Jan of 2016. Matthews wasn't drafted until later that summer.

He never played there at all during the tanking season... or the season after that... or after that. This little snippet from the Star was the only inkling we got that they were even thinking about him on the PK. Sounded like a done deal but it never materialized.

Would love to know why

Reactions: The Apologist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->