Kadri hit deemed clean by NHL

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I don't think he intentionally turned his back, he was turning to play the puck, there was no dirty play here and it's being blown out of proportion.

Yes he intentionally turned his back as he said so himself in a post game interview....he also mentioned that he should have stayed down longer so that he could have sold it better.

Last edited:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Why would they be scared of them?

They don't have to fight because of something called the instigator rule.

Orr is useless and i'd rather have someone with skill over him.

LOL you must be joking. You do realize the instigator rule isn't a forcefield right? it's a TWO minute penalty. If Neil jumped Kadri in response on Saturday and Mclaren decided he was going to jump Karlsson after that how is an instigator going to stop that? is it going to put a full shield on his face preventing him from getting punched? no, Mclaren would beat the crap out of him and then just get an extra 2 minutes for instigating. Have you not watched hockey before?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I agree with the bold.

I disagree with your implied premise that these types of players have to be Orr and Maclaren.

Look at Shawn Thornton, the guy had an awesome goal the other day. Orr and Maclaren dont have anywhere near that talent. For me that why I really liked Mike Brown the first season we had him, cause he had a certain level of ability (in his case his skating). Obviously Brown got a lot worse after his broken hand but that was the type of guy we needed.

Troy Bodie can be that guy in spurts, but I dont see him as a guy you can dress every night. But so far he has done well in his "3rd line role"

The Leafs would love to have a tough guy who could play more minutes but they do not.....Ashton and Bodie are not tough and consequently are not a effective deterrent. Orr and McLaren both are among the best fighters in the league and are a deterrent. Brown was not a real effective player skill wise and even less effective as a deterrent.....Wilson had him as his tough guy and we were far to easy to play against as a result. We have the right guys for the job until a younger player comes to take their place.

I like Troy Brodie as he hits hard and is aggressive on the forecheck.....he has not hurt his chance of staying up for the rest of the year with his play.....for me he is far better option then Ashton.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
The NHL isn't some rec league. It's where people make MILLIONS of dollars. Believe me, when you make 100's of millions playing hockey, it's not about "fun and games". it's about feeding their families

:laugh:

How dare you try and take caviar out of my babies mouth. I will cut you open with his swarkovski crystal rattle.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
I was reading the sens gdt for their reaction to the hit (for the lulz) and why do some of our posters go over there and apologize for this? I don't feel sorry for the hit or the goal afterwards. Actually had a smile. shouldn't have turned away from him if he realized Kadri was coming.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
If that was Rielly getting taken out from behind, maybe would sound different in here.

That for me was very boarderline.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Feel embarrassed for the Leaf fans that apologized lol.

The funniest part is that most of us could have probably predicted who it would be fairly easily.
It amazing how many 'fans' despise everything about this team, right down to the fact that they'd rather sympathize with a hated rival.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Wait, are you telling me there were "Leaf fans" that went over to their GDT and apologized? I need some names so I can block them.

Unbelievable.

Kessley Snipes*

Orr and McLaren both are among the best fighters in the league and are a deterrent.

You know what is amusing? Your statement is actually statistically inaccurate. They are among the worst fighters in the league based on their records in recent games and thus they really don't provide much of a deterrent if any. If you are going to make self-serving statements to fit your narrative, at least do your homework.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
If that was Rielly getting taken out from behind, maybe would sound different in here.

That for me was very boarderline.

If Rielly turned, especially intentionally in an attempt to garner a call, I'd be giving him hell for it too.

I hate it when players from any team do that stuff and put themselves at risk entirely unnecessarily.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
The funniest part is that most of us could have probably predicted who it would be fairly easily.
It amazing how many 'fans' despise everything about this team, right down to the fact that they'd rather sympathize with a hated rival.

Wait, are you telling me there were "Leaf fans" that went over to their GDT and apologized? I need some names so I can block them.

Unbelievable.

They're just trolling.

Sens fans hate it when people come on their board and feel sympathy for them.

Hence Leaf fans go and do it.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
The Leafs would love to have a tough guy who could play more minutes but they do not.....Ashton and Bodie are not tough and consequently are not a effective deterrent. Orr and McLaren both are among the best fighters in the league and are a deterrent. Brown was not a real effective player skill wise and even less effective as a deterrent.....Wilson had him as his tough guy and we were far to easy to play against as a result. We have the right guys for the job until a younger player comes to take their place.

I like Troy Brodie as he hits hard and is aggressive on the forecheck.....he has not hurt his chance of staying up for the rest of the year with his play.....for me he is far better option then Ashton.

Jamie Devane and Tyler Biggs come to mind, though I hope that we get more out of Biggs considering that he was a first round pick.

Edit: David Broll too?

Last edited:

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
People are always going to irrationally hate the Leafs and the fans , I don't see the point in trying to appeal to them or try to make them like us. We're hated by everyone, who gives a crap?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
You know what is amusing? Your statement is actually statistically inaccurate. They are among the worst fighters in the league based on their records in recent games and thus they really don't provide much of a deterrent if any. If you are going to make self-serving statements to fit your narrative, at least do your homework.

Wow this comment is incredibly stupid.

First off - statistically incorrect? there are no statistics that measure fighting or deterrence, so just the simple fact that you said that makes you sound like a complete idiot.

"They are among the worst fighters in the league based on their records in recent games" - what records? I must have missed when the NHL hired fight judges to count points and determine winners. If you're referring to hockeyfights, a website where any biased idiot can vote on who won then that's even more laughable. If I wanted to I could make 100 accounts on hockeyfights and vote Leafs players to make sure they win every fight. Really accurate source that is. It's like saying a player is better because they won a poll on HFBoards :laugh:

And the fact that there are so few players in the NHL that have the balls to fight them shows how much of a deterrent they are. There are guys who fights 15 times a season that won't go anywhere near fighting them.

Imagine being on a team like Minnesota when they played the Leafs. Even their toughest player in Konopka - a guy who is near the top in PIMS every single year - won't go anywhere near Orr or Mclaren. How do you think a team will play if even their tough guy is scared to fight the Leafs tough guys? they're going to play pretty soft that's for sure. And that was just emphasized when Kadri ran over and injured their goaltender and nobody went after him because they were scared of what the tough guys on the Leafs would do if they did, something their coach said himself after the game.

It's also incredibly hypocritical that you had a go at him for attempting to fit his narrative and yet every time there's a fighting thread I see you complaining about fighting with no factual basis behind your arguments.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
^^ to add on to that keep in mind that for the most part Orr + McLaren only take on the top fighters in the NHL. It's not like they're getting dusted by a Carter Ashton type of player. In the Vancouver game I remember Kassian running away from McLaren like crazy after he took out Bolland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad