Value of: Kadri for rebuilding assets

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Nazem Kadri has become expendable with the acquisition of Matthews via the draft and projects to get out slotted by Nylander eventually.

Kadri is a clear cut 2C on rebuilding teams and a solid 3C on contenders.

Looking for (at-least one of):
  • A young RHD with top 4 upside
  • 1st round picks and 2nd round picks
  • Quality prospects at the forward position
  • Blue-chip goaltending prospects

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
But Nylander is a winger

He played center last year.

Babcock said he's gonna start Nylander on the wing to ease him into the NHL next year, but will probably move him back into the middle at some point. Like he does with most of his young centers.

As of now, Nylander should be viewed as a center. Unless we're calling all rookies who start at the wing as wingers, Larkin, Galchenyuk, Draisatl etc.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Kadri is absolutely a 2c on a contender.

Once again, you're super wrong. We don't need a top 4 d, we need a top 2 d. We aren't trading Kadri for a goalie prospect, we definitely don't need more forward prospects.

We can't ice a team full of teenagers...

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
He played center last year.

Babcock said he's gonna start Nylander on the wing to ease him into the NHL next year, but will probably move him back into the middle at some point. Like he does with most of his young centers.

As of now, Nylander should be viewed as a center. Unless we're calling all rookies who start at the wing as wingers, Larkin, Galchenyuk, Draisatl etc.

No point giving that guy a response. He claims to be a leaf fan but he just **** on the leafs constantly.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
If Stamkos had signed as well, I'd agree to an extent... but given that he didn't I'll have to disagree with your claim.

If anyone is expendable down the middle in Toronto right now, it's Bozak (regardless of what value he may or may not bring), and even then...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would

- Love Kadri on Ottawa
- Love see Toronto go full Oilers

Not sure we have the pieces to make it happen and I want to live to see the Sens beat Toronto in the playoffs.

Kadri is a veteran now, Toronto would do well to hold on to him.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
He isn't going anywhere. Matthews doesn't make him expendable, he only strengthens our center core long-term.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Kadri goes nowhere. Bozak will be the one traded once nylander / Matthews show their capable in a bigger role

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I would

- Love Kadri on Ottawa
- Love see Toronto go full Oilers

Not sure we have the pieces to make it happen and I want to live to see the Sens beat Toronto in the playoffs.

Kadri is a veteran now, Toronto would do well to hold on to him.

Something around Ceci could work for us.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Another stellar proposal... So why would we trade a guy who's shown great strides while playing under Babcock, who we just signed long term (literally only 2 guys are signed long term that can actually play on the team), and who plays arguably the second most important position on a 5 man lineup on the ice (obvs goal is the most important). This coming from a position that toronto has been comically weak in for the past decade; to get who, exactly? We have so many prospects coming through the pipeline in the next 2 years with (currently) 3 picks in the top 60 this next draft - so no to prospects. Young rhd, sure, but they won't be nhl quality at this time and if you think Kadri as a base for Trouba works; that is truly dillusional. Shatty- no, not for a single yr left on his contract. Minny is literally the only team that may even entertain a defenseman for Kadri, even then- that's not going to help the leafs in the long run. As for goaltending, we drafted woll; we have bibeau and sparks as well as kasukio (sp*?) To work with. Yeah, we need an adequate backup this year, but we sure as sugar aren't going to give up viable assets for one. So, no; at this time we should not and most likely will not entertain the idea of trading our (till play dictates otherwise with matthews) best centerman.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Nazem Kadri has become expendable with the acquisition of Matthews via the draft and projects to get out slotted by Nylander eventually.

1. probably going to be hard to get a young RHD when Larsson just went for what he did. Better to sit and wait for the market price to drop or for the right situation where player and team are at odds and he has to be moved.

2. Toronto has lots of picks and at this point trading one of the most improved young players that seems to be understanding and playing Babcocks system seems like a bad idea.

3. quality Prospects at the forward position. WHAT ! WHY! There is already quality prospects at the forward position that will never even get to play for the leafs because there simply not enough room. SO why add more that can sit in the marlies. I would think at some point some of these young players are going to get traded for defense of prospects or sooner or later be waiver players we lose for nothing!

4. ummm Toronto Drafted a goalie this year! also they have a lot invested in Anderson So i highly doubt they trade kadri for a non need. If toronto needs more goalie prospects they will simply take one next year with there picks.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

We just re-signed him for 5 years. He's not going anywhere.

Another terrible thread by you. Par for course.

Why don't these types of posters make proposals for other teams other than the Leafs?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Why trade Kadri? He's been a different, much better player after some time under Babcock. He's got a great offensive skill set, and showed he's able to play a solid 200 foot game.

You'll never get proper value for him. His upside is worth more to the Leafs then any potential trade return IMO. He seems like he may be a late bloomer and giving up on him now will likely be a big mistake.

Unless a team is willing to pay big for him, he shouldn't be moved.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Kadri is extremely overrated by most of my fellow Leaf fans. If your team has him as a 2C then your team isn't a contender. He has the skill set of a 3C, but with his immaturity and dirty play I wouldn't want him on my team.

If the Leafs could somehow get a top 4 defenceman I'd be thrilled, but I'd settle for a late 1st or even a 2nd round pick.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Kadri is extremely overrated by most of my fellow Leaf fans. If your team has him as a 2C then your team isn't a contender. He has the skill set of a 3C, but with his immaturity and dirty play I wouldn't want him on my team.

If the Leafs could somehow get a top 4 defenceman I'd be thrilled, but I'd settle for a late 1st or even a 2nd round pick.

What?

Mad Brills*

He was only getting traded if they got stamkos, and that wouldn't be until 2018.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014

Kadri for Simon Despres?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kadri is a big part of the team
We gave him a 6 year deal and he will be a great player for us. He lead the team in pts last year and was on pace for 50. His advance stats are amazing and he's become a good defensive player. He was very unlucky with his shooting at the start of the year and Michael Grabner cost him 5 or 6 pts with the chances he missed that kadri set up throughout the year. He can get 60 pts playing with the talent that is coming up. We are not trading him.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Kadri for Simon Despres?

nope.

Kadri isn't going anywhere. Look at the contract Killorn just got signed to. Kadri is a much better player for the same money.

lol get outta here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad