Value of: Kadri for rebuilding assets

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Anyone with common sense can see that Bozak is the expendable one. He is older, on a 2 year deal, and is not as good.

You keep Kadri and Bozak to shelter Matthews.
As the season wears on, it should be obvious that Matthews doesn't need sheltering.
Nylander is used at C to see if he has a future there....Bozak is traded....Holland is the fallback #3 C option.
If Nylander transitions to a full time C, the Leafs will have great C depth....something that wins championships.
And if he doesn't, he becomes a good winger and Holland is the fill in #3 until a better option occurs.

In no way does it make sense to move Kadri now. Now in 3-4 years if the Leafs are locking up Matthews, Nylander, Marner, etc...to bigger, long term deals, then trading him then makes sense so you don't have 3 expensive centers.

Bozak is the one to move...common sense.

Spot on, Tripod.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We really don't need Holland

Yeah...I guess you have Laich too who can be a fill in this year.

And FWIW, I would trade for Bozak if Read went the other way....say Read +2nd. Lars Eller got 2 2nds so Read has value to flip so in the end, it could be for 3 2nds.

Bozak would be a good 2 year stopgap for Philly as a #3 C until Rubstov comes over from the KHL.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

And FWIW, I would trade for Bozak if Read went the other way....say Read +2nd. Lars Eller got 2 2nds so Read has value to flip so in the end, it could be for 3 2nds.

Bozak would be a good 2 year stopgap for Philly as a #3 C until Rubstov comes over from the KHL.

read isnt worth two 2nds. who exactly is dishing that out for an overpaid 25-30pt bottom 6 winger?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
read isnt worth two 2nds. who exactly is dishing that out for an overpaid 25-30pt bottom 6 winger?

Again, Lars Eller who is a worse player than Read got 2 2nds so it's not a way out there thought. Read is as good or better offensively, and better defensively than Eller.

Look deeper at Reads issues....high ankle sprain that he played thru and going from having Couts as his center to having Cousins and Laughton as linemates.

And as sad as it is, Read still finished top 60 in RW scoring....so low end 2nd line. But yeah, he is a good 3rd liner.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

If we got 3 x 2nds I would be over the moon but that looks about right when you put Ellers trade into prospective. Ideally it would be some sort of package with a top 4 pairing RHD but I suspect no team would give that up for Bozak.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
yay great idea op. lets trade our homegrown 2c for pieces that MAY become as good as him. Kadri was a high pick and has 100% lived up to his draft spot. the kid is only getting better and obviously management is happy with his play thus far. If we trade a centre it will for sure be Bozak

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
yay great idea op. lets trade our homegrown 2c for pieces that MAY become as good as him. Kadri was a high pick and has 100% lived up to his draft spot. the kid is only getting better and obviously management is happy with his play thus far. If we trade a centre it will for sure be Bozak

Nah he's pretty much what he's going to be 40-45 point guy

LWOSLEAFS

Apr 20, 2016
He played center last year.

Babcock said he's gonna start Nylander on the wing to ease him into the NHL next year, but will probably move him back into the middle at some point. Like he does with most of his young centers.

As of now, Nylander should be viewed as a center. Unless we're calling all rookies who start at the wing as wingers, Larkin, Galchenyuk, Draisatl etc.

When did Babcock say anything about "probably moving him back to the middle at some point"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad