I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Manson - Not bad actually, but Ducks probably say no
Slavin (Leafs add a 1st + Sparks or Pickard) - Canes say no
Dumba - Wild say no
Klefbom - Oilers say n0
Weber with 2 million retained - Leafs say no
Gio or Hanifin - Leafs (and maybe Flames) say no to Gio, Flames say no to Hanifin
Barrie - Not bad
Faulk - Leafs say no

Reactions: connormcmuffin

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Until the Leafs fix there D that is the conversation, sorry other teams aren't as popular.

What are you hoping this D to the Leafs thread is going to show that the last 20+ this summer haven’t?

I mean if you think Leafs need to improve their D at least offer something different from Kadri or Nylander......both of those horses have beaten to death.

Reactions: Pia8988

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
No to Pesce. Slavin/Pesce/Hamilton off the table for now. Faulk or move on to another team...for now.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
If we trade Manson we’ve surrendered......
Even with the young D the Ducks have,there is no one to replace what he can bring.......and it is needed

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
What are you hoping this D to the Leafs thread is going to show that the last 20+ this summer haven’t?

I mean if you think Leafs need to improve their D at least offer something different from Kadri or Nylander......both of those horses have beaten to death.
I'll make a thread about whatever I please, thanks.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'll make a thread about whatever I please, thanks.

You can.....of course threads without a point can be closed or combined with other existing ones if they are purely redundant.

But by all means continue on......what’s one more thread.

Reactions: pmwlker

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Kadri for D......good idea.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
You can.....of course threads without a point can be closed or combined with other existing ones if they are purely redundant.

But by all means continue on......what’s one more thread.
There is nothing more redundant than people complaining about a thread existing, by all means carry on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers cannot lose Klefbom and Kadri at 3C is an expensive luxury.

Klefbom showed an extremely high level the year before last and we need him to get back to that.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Manson
Slavin (Leafs add a 1st + Sparks or Pickard)
Dumba
Klefbom
Weber with 2 million retained
Gio or Hanifin
Barrie
Faulk

Nylander moves to C to fill in for Kadri.

I dont get why you would do this? Why wouldnt you trade Nylander and Keep Kadri? Kadri is on a great contract and is a better player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I dont get why you would do this? Why wouldnt you trade Nylander and Keep Kadri? Kadri is on a great contract and is a better player.

Add in that the Leafs need a player Kadri who brings edge, toughness, pesk qualities a lot more than they need soft perimeter player like Nylander.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Kadri performed better at his usage but Nylander is way more talented/skilled, younger, and is actively held back from moving up in the lineup, etc. Better and more valuable player are different contextually as well.

I would never trade Dumba for Kadri.

Feeling is mutual and the list is extremely underwhelming for the most part. Kadri is more valuable to his team than his absolute value in a trade as well.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Oilers cannot lose Klefbom and Kadri at 3C is an expensive luxury.

Klefbom showed an extremely high level the year before last and we need him to get back to that.
Not advocating for this at all but if it did happen I would run with:

RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Draisaitl-Kadri-Pulj

At least that leaves most of the bad players in the bottom 6.

Doesn’t make sense though because 1) Oilers need Klefbom and 2) the Leafs need RHD (like the Oilers).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad