Proposal: Kadri for a blueliner

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
This. Keep Kadri. Trade Nylander.

Why trade a 21 year old who just put up back to back 63 point seasons? I mean, isnt that what you hope for when you draft the guy?

I realise the leafs need help at D, but who are you trading him for? Provorov? Werenski? Mcavoy? Chabot?sergachev? If you arent getting a future top pairing defence for a 1st line winger, then what is the point?

You also better believe those guys will be getting paid similar to what nylander is going to get

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Manson
Slavin (Leafs add a 1st + Sparks or Pickard)
Dumba
Klefbom
Weber with 2 million retained
Gio or Hanifin
Barrie
Faulk

Nylander moves to C to fill in for Kadri.

Last edited:

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I don't see why you would wanna move Nylander to C , kadri is a much Superior C than Nylander . why not just trade Nylander and keep our best shut down / 2 way center

Trading kadri on his contract right now would be foolish

Reactions: Steeler23

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Generally awful trades for the Leafs. Barrie, for term. Klefborm not needed at LHD, Weber, injured, will be a declining player on a long term contract, Gio old and expensive, Hanifan, don't need a LHD...and he isn't that good now, Faulk term and he isn't that good,
Dumba...might a fair trade.
Slavin, instead of the pick, Canes might another NHL forward.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Weber with retention for Kadri???

We aren’t in the market for a 2C, especially not at that price

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Weber might be doable but that's problematic for the Leafs. Faulk, the same only much moreso. A few of those guys are LDs and so aren't going to help nearly as much, and the rest are unrealistic at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad