Kadri Discussion Thread - Keep Him or Trade Him (New Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead42*

His contract comparables across the league are in the 4.5-5.5 range. I'd expect it to be around there.

Who are these comparables? Sam Gagner makes 3.2 a year and Kadri isn't a better player. Don't pretend Kadri compares to the kid from Columbus or even Henrique from Jersey at 4 mil. Your numbers are gross for this player.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Who are these comparables? Sam Gagner makes 3.2 a year and Kadri isn't a better player. Don't pretend Kadri compares to the kid from Columbus or even Henrique from Jersey at 4 mil. Your numbers are gross for this player.

No two players are the same so there is no perfect comparable. If I'm his agent I probably start with Bozak though.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
GA60

Robidas 1.51
Rielly 2.50
Gardiner 2.56
Holzer 2.67
Phaneuf 2.81
Franson 3.06
Polak 3.14

And he has the 2nd best Corsi Rel on the D after Gardiner. Just saying.

Edit: on further consideration the above is a bit misleading since there's a wide variation in save percentage for these d-men which is mostly luck. Here are the numbers adjusted to a 0.920 level.

Gardiner 2.35
Franson 2.53
Robidas 2.61
Polak 2.64
Rielly 2.72
Holzer 2.75
Phaneuf 2.80

So Rielly hasn't been great in terms of getting scored on, but it's not like he's drastically worse than most of our d. Oh, and look at Gardiner, he's really picked it up since the coaching change and is now solidly our top defender in terms of both possession stats and goals against. This guy is criminally underrated around here. If he can keep up these types of numbers his contract will be a steal.

Gardiner is a net positive but he can be so much better and that's why I think people are frustrated with his play.

He's got the talent, vision and skating ability to really be a top notch defenseman every single night but he just hasn't found consistency yet.

I still have hope he can do that, it takes a while for some guys to get it. He's been through 3 head coaches in a short amount of time and will be #4 starting next season so it's definitely not easy because every coach demands something different.

We need consistency in management to get consistency on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad