Kadri Appreciation/discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Can you facepalm his own words from 7 weeks ago?

“It was literally a wake-up call for Kadri. Shanahan sat him down and made it clear he needed to cut out the off-ice excess if he wanted to be an NHL player. But he also made it clear he thought Kadri could be one of the survivors of the rebuild.

"It was a crossroads in my career and I had to make the right choice
," Kadri said. "It was up to me, nobody else, to guide myself in the right direction.

"I had two choices: to figure it out or not figure it out. I told myself I would and I promised my family and friends I would. I think I panned out."

Nazem Kadri’s long road to Leafs' overnight success

This is what Shanahan said at the time:

The easiest thing for us to do at this point would be sweep it under the rug and put this off to the off-season to deal with, but Naz is an important part of our future.

See if you can understand those words. Not if, or maybe, or we hope, nothing like that. Just a simple statement of fact. Naz is an important part of our future.

Which part of this is too complicated for you to understand? Shanahan knew he needed a kick in the butt (just like Shanny himself did when he was younger) and he also knew Kadri would be just fine.

Nazem Kadri’s Leaf future hangs in balance after suspension: Arthur | Toronto Star

Reactions: stickty111

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Again you can choose to live in what ever bubble protects you from the fact, the PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS said that Kadri needs to take heed with what this suspension meant.

Everything you bullet pointed happened AFTER the suspension and AFTER Kadri proved he got the message. Time-lines matter

I don't get why its so hard for some people to understand the SIMPLE English Shanahan used when he explained what Kadri's suspension meant.

You can dislike the reporter, you can dislike the paper that posted the article but you can't pretend what Shanahan said is not what he said, they are DIRECT quotes. You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Brilliant; if you are so hell bent on what Shanahan did; then quote Shanahan properly. Shanahan and Lou both said that if they had wanted to they would have swept the issue under the rug and then traded Kadri. Shanahan even brought his own experience when he was young when he was "disciplined" by none other than Lou himself!

Instead, Shanahan and Lou both decided to stick with Kadri and then extended. Why is it so hard for you to understand that Kadri is the "CORE" piece and well liked by Shanahan and Lou.

Here is Shanahan's interview. Shanny says Kadri is an important part of the future

Here is an article where Shanahan remembers his own suspension
Leafs' Shanahan never forgot his own suspension - Sportsnet.ca

Hey look Shanny had issues too; may be our president is a MORON because he was suspended; lets bring pitch forks to MLSE and then ask to fire Shanny :sarcasm:

Kadri owning up to it unlike acting like a MORON which I think some of the posts here raising stupid issue and pointing fingers at Kadri very nicely highlight how MORONIC in nature they are

Here is Lou's interview commending Naz after contract extension i.e. COMMITTING TO KADRI A CORE PIECE OF THIS ORGANIAZATION

Here is Kadri talking about the organization and how much he respects being a Leaf

Nazem Kadri - April 13, 2016

Serious :facepalm: to the ridiculousness of bringing STUPID reasons to hate on Kadri.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

While Leo is currently looking to have the worst offensive seasons of NHL career. But yeah, apparently this lineup change is meaningless lol

Whatever keeps you happy.

Leo must have been spooking him when he stared at him from the bench while on the PP.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Brilliant; if you are so hell bent on what Shanahan did; then quote Shanahan properly. Shanahan and Lou both said that if they had wanted to they would have swept the issue under the rug and then traded Kadri. Shanahan even brought his own experience when he was young when he was "disciplined" by none other than Lou himself!

Instead, Shanahan and Lou both decided to stick with Kadri and then extended. Why is it so hard for you to understand that Kadri is the "CORE" piece and well liked by Shanahan and Lou.

Here is Shanahan's interview. Shanny says Kadri is an important part of the future

Hey look Shanny had issues too; may be our president is a MORON because he was suspended; lets bring pitch forks to MLSE and then ask to fire Shanny :sarcasm:

Kadri owning up to it unlike acting like a MORON which I think some of the posts here raising stupid issue and pointing fingers at Kadri very nicely highlight how MORONIC in nature they are

Here is Lou's interview commending Naz after contract extension i.e. COMMITTING TO KADRI A CORE PIECE OF THIS ORGANIAZATION

Here is Kadri talking about the organization and how much he respects being a Leaf

Serious :facepalm: to the ridiculousness of bringing STUPID reasons to hate on Kadri.

You clearly miss his point.

Like swing and a whiff and pull your back in the process.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Good god man you couldn't be any more obtuse if you tried. Kadri HIMSELF said he was at a cross roads in his career, do you understand what that means? He himself knew that where he was 2 years ago was not in a good place and had to change his approach to become who he is today.

Its this constant Ground hog day talking to people who have their head buried in the sand. You believe what ever version of the past you want. How's the weather on the farm in Moscow today comrade?

Reactions: Daisy Jane

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Good god man you couldn't be any more obtuse if you tried. Kadri HIMSELF said he was at a cross roads in his career, do you understand what that means? He himself knew that where he was 2 years ago was not in a good place and had to change his approach to become who he is today.

Its this constant Ground hog day talking to people who have their head buried in the sand. You believe what ever version of the past you want. How's the weather on the farm in Moscow today comrade?

Who the F is denying that? everybody knows Kadri got suspended to be disciplined.

Your ridiculous HATRED of Kadri even though he is good today and well liked is :facepalm: worthy. Shanny got disciplined too. So Shanny is mornic as well?

All the youtube videos posted and you come up with brain dead stupid gripe? lol

What the F is your problem anyway? You don't like Kadri, we get it. He is here to stay. Either get with the program or go find another team to cheer for

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Pretty telling when Kadri is 3rd and Marner is 6th in scoring in that time period. They seem to do really well together, maybe keep this combo for the future? It's at least an option now.

Reactions: Menzinger

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Meh dont bother.
If anything the last few pages continue to prove that Kadri fans have been more logical and objective then the Kadri critics.

And its real sad that someone actually liked the reply to your post. But yeah Kadri critics are totally correct, not biased, and Kadri fans are the real problems. Whatever suits their narrative I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Posting tire pumping pictures, and saying stuff like "cant start an alarm clock, diver, is a sean avery light" is constuctive criticism?
Someone needs a dictionary lesson

Reactions: PromisedLand

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think we should move on with this ongoing debate - we all have our now opinions (right or wrong) and we should respect each other

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

You hit a grand slam.
Great post!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think we should move on with this ongoing debate - we all have our now opinions (right or wrong) and we should respect each other
Considering it involves Kadri, the "all on board hate Kadri" crowd doesnt know what that means.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It’s almost as if different variables can matter at the same time rather than just one.....

When I say, “sure” linemates can have an impact, do you understand that is a statement of agreement?

The question is to what extent?

The blame Leo argument is too simplistic.

You say Leo is having his worst season. Yep. And his performance over the first 20 was exactly the same as during the slump. He even out pointed Kadri by 5.

So it doesn’t explain that. It doesn’t explain a PP drought.

So yeah, point taken. Good linemates... ironically the same guy he’s played all season with the on PP, including when he was slumping.... may have changed things up. I’m totally behind a change (and went to Golftown).

But it’s not Leo’s fault.

It also takes away from a guy pulling himself out of a slump but the Superfans don’t seem to want to give anyone credit for that.

Anyhoo.... you want to believe it so believe it.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So you can spin it? Thanks but no thanks.
Stick to your made up dream land garbage.

So nothing then?

So adamant that you are right but can’t find anything to support your claim?

Colour us shocked.

Your posts don’t offer much substance but you are good at baiting. It plays well with a couple of folks so you should enjoy the likes.

Stick with what you are good at. I guess.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I was curious as well so I went to past Kadri threads for "fun"
Won't post who posted what to protect them and also because I can't quote it properly from the old threads. :)

"Watched Kadri carrying the puck up the ice, his wingers taking a smoke break at the blueline commenting on Kadri's ability to mangle the puck.

Kadri is just too slow to be considered a line driver.

One of the most overrated players in Leafs history."

"I've also been wondering aloud about the 5-6 year nature of the proponent's position. Why 5?

Why not a 2-3 year deal? Keep playing for the next contract and as the skills decline, the decline in cap can follow."
Assuming he's going to 100% going to decline seems like hating to me.

When asked what we could in return for Kadri before we signed him to his contract.
"3rd or 4th round pick?"

"Why do people want him gone, its probably because as much as he is a talented player, he makes horrible decisions that often cost the team. When you got a guy who takes one step forward and often two steps back... its not the kind of guy you want on a young team.

Put simply IMO his issue is the grey matter between his ears. If we could take Bozak's mental makeup and Kadri's skill we'd have one heck of a second line C. Draw a penalty in the Calgary game, then embellish it and get one himself. have a great game vs Anaheim, then take a stupid stupid dangerous penalty with less than 3 minutes left in a tied game. He's given the opportunity to be a mentor for the younger players then does that throat slashing gesture and tells Gio "You're dead!". Its just a constant stream of selfish stupid thoughtless events with him, I'm tired of this circus act that follows him. time to deal him and move on to the next generation of Leafs."

"I think it's a brilliant move by Babcock to spare the development of the youth and let Kadri face the top line.

The youth is the future.

Sacrificing one for the sake of the herd. Brilliant really."

When he was facing top competition the year before we got Matthews.

"Its not about Naz proving me wrong its about him growing the f up and cutting the dirty stuff out of his game. I'd be the first person to put a Naz pic up for avatar. Heck I'd probably event buy a signed jersey to put in my media room."
I like this one quite a bit.

To me, it looks like some people jumped hard on the Bozak vs Kadri train years ago and for some reason were not allowed to change their minds and had to put Kadri down at every opportunity. Not sure if you could ever change someones mind if they're like that.

Reactions: IPS

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
When I say, “sure” linemates can have an impact, do you understand that is a statement of agreement?

You say Leo is having his worst season. Yep. And his performance over the first 20 was exactly the same as during the slump. He even out pointed Kadri by 5.

So yeah, point taken. Good linemates... ironically the same guy he’s played all season with the on PP, including when he was slumping.... may have changed things up. I’m totally behind a change (and went to Golftown).

It also takes away from a guy pulling himself out of a slump but the Superfans don’t seem to want to give anyone credit for that.

And again, a player’s performance can be suffering from bad puck luck AND be constrained by underperforming linemates....

Ignoring special teams completely, Marner, marleau and Kadri have all improved at even strength since the change. I don’t in

You could replace Nylander with Matt Martin and Matthews would still produce at a relatively high rate - but would also score less because Martin is an anchor offensively.

I don’t know how anyone could look at Marleau's, Marner and Kadris even strength

I’m confused. You say you agree that linemates matter yet then go on to say that Leo didn’t have a negative impact on Kadri.l?

Even when the numbers clear as day say Kadri, Marleau and Marner are playing better at even strength and the line is the strongest it’s looked all season.....

Reactions: Gallagbi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad