Kadri Appreciation/discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Marleau Even Strength Scoring (82gm Pace)

17-18: 24gls/39pts
16-17: 20gls/30pts
15-16: 13gls/22pts
14-15: 12gls/33pts
13-14: 20gls/45pts
12-13: 17gls/27pts
11-12: 20gls/39pts

Patty's turned back the clock and performing better at evens than he has in years.

Thanks, Kadri.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Speaking of.... are you still lobbying the fact that Bozak's on-ice play makes him a similar player to Kadri?

When did I walk back from that statement about their performance over their careers?

I didn’t. Don’t need to lobby anything. The market established similarity. Not equality. You should look that word up too.

Now, about Babcock and keeping Marleau and Kadri together?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Ahhh zeke, let me apologize for suggesting your superhero is just a good hockey player.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There’s an awful lot of unwarranted and flippant hyperbole in this thread, though it seems to be coming from a certain side of the issue....

Reactions: Pookie

TheNip

Nov 9, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Kardi is in hockey purgatory: dependable goal scorer, plays top competition yet lacks elite offensive skill. Frustrates fans but coaches love him. He’s like a mini Toews. :laugh:

Kardi/Marner combines the playmaking ability of Marner with the gritty finishing of Kadri. They complement each other well. It’s fun to watch them together. I’m not confident it will stay that way though; mainly because Babs doesn’t respect Marner’s game (IMO).

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
When did I walk back from that statement about their performance over their careers?

I didn’t. Don’t need to lobby anything. The market established similarity. Not equality. You should look that word up too.

Now, about Babcock and keeping Marleau and Kadri together?
Just lmao.

You referenced a Bozak hot-streak in the middle of Kadri's cold-streak (that was this year, if your memory really is that short, NOTHING to do with "performances over their careers") and tried to pass them off as similar players. For the billionth time, you exclude context yet again. In order for your little statement to work, you need to completely ignore Kadri's evolution as a player over the last 2 years which has effectively put him in a whole new tier above Bozak and has him as the Leafs 2nd most valuable forward as it stands.

You really want me to answer some crap about Marleau and Kadri together when you haven't even left square 1 yet? Not how it works buddy.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Just lmao.

You referenced a Bozak hot-streak in the middle of Kadri's cold-streak (that was this year, if your memory really is that short, NOTHING to do with "performances over their careers") and tried to pass them off as similar players. For the billionth time, you exclude context yet again. In order for your little statement to work, you need to completely ignore Kadri's evolution as a player over the last 2 years which has effectively put him in a whole new tier above Bozak and has him as the Leafs 2nd most valuable forward as it stands.

You really want me to answer some crap about Marleau and Kadri together when you haven't even left square 1 yet? Not how it works buddy.

I think they are similar players who will have similar roles over their career. I don’t see either as an All Star. Just really good hockey players.

Get over it. A different opinion can exist on the internet.

Now, I don’t know if Marleau and Kadri is some crap as you profess. You just seem to take pleasure in this sort of thing so please explain:

IPS said:
How in the flying **** is this Marleau-Kadri-Komarov line still a thing? They have accomplished absolutely nothing in god knows how long. It's almost hilarious how bad of chemistry Marleau and Kadri have.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think they are similar players who will have similar roles over their career. I don’t see either as an All Star. Just really good hockey players.

Get over it. A different opinion can exist on the internet.

Now, I don’t know if Marleau and Kadri is some crap as you profess. You just seem to take pleasure in this sort of thing so please explain:

Awesome, I'll take this as a confession of your wrongness about Kadri and Bozak since you failed to answer me. Because as it stands today, Bozak is nothing more than UFA fodder whereas Kadri is a huge part of our team, and you have no rebuttal to this :laugh:

"
Get over it. A different opinion can exist on the internet."

Confirms my point, my opinion is backed my facts and your opinion is backed by nothing. Was a pleasure doing business with you.

And regarding your quote, I indeed thought Marleau and Kadri had bad chemistry. Seems as Marner bringing his elite playmaking ability (something Leo never had) has brought a new element to this line that has rejuvenated them.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I will maybe get some or mabe not get some argument on this but Kadri is a far better shut down, defensive, 200 ft player (whatever someone calls it) than Tavares.

So he is actually better than Tavares in a way! Maybe even two ways if you count his nasty streak when he uses it correctly like he has lately.

I don't watch Tavares enough to have a strong opinion either way here but I do think very cool that you can compare the two without people losing their minds. Even Pookie hasn't objected to you comparing the two and that is surprising, I never thought I'd see the day when Pookie would be OK with a Kadri/Tavares comparison.

Well the good news Gary is that people can go back and actually read the words I said, not what you recall. (BTW, hows it going on the Leo carrying Kadri search?)

I did question blip or trend in the context of player peaks that have clearly been established by empirical evidence.

Your point is...?

It's OK to be wrong Pookie. It's also OK to admit it when you are wrong, you should try it sometime.

Just lmao.

He is nothing if not consistent in this regard.

Reactions: IPS

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Bozak jvr have career years
Matt Martin starts to rack up points
Kadri hadn’t scored since the dinosaurs

What’s the common piece here

Don’t have to be a rocket scientist (to figure that out

Reactions: Pookie

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Good players make others better, something that is true for both Marner and Kadri. Marner himself is scoring at a much, much higher pace than he did before being put on Kadri's line after all.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

No we don't have to be code breakers either.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Ahhh zeke, let me apologize for suggesting your superhero is just a good hockey player.

So if i understand this correctly Kadri is responsible for players having good years but is not responsible for his own slump, its Leos fault Kadri went in a slump? WOW. Scapegoating at its best, fun stuff.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Ding ding ding.... give this man a prize

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So if i understand this correctly Kadri is responsible for players having good years but is not responsible for his own slump, its Leos fault Kadri went in a slump? WOW. Scapegoating at its best, fun stuff.

The irony is that if Kadri has been making players better all around him, why did he fail with Komarov and Marleau for so long this season?

Over that slump, Marner had more points than that entire line combined.

Superpowers must have faded?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Awesome, I'll take this as a confession of your wrongness about Kadri and Bozak since you failed to answer me. Because as it stands today, Bozak is nothing more than UFA fodder whereas Kadri is a huge part of our team, and you have no rebuttal to this :laugh:

I forget sometimes that there may be young people on this board.

I did answer you. They are similar players.

Btw, this will blow your mind. I wanted Bozak traded last year.

Confirms my point, my opinion is backed my facts and your opinion is backed by nothing. Was a pleasure doing business with you.

Riiiight.

As for the quote on doing business, that’s a Gord Downie lyric and mantra for life. Don’t cheapen it with your narcissism.

Enjoy the internet.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
The irony is that if Kadri has been making players better all around him, why did he fail with Komarov and Marleau for so long this season?

Over that slump, Marner had more points than that entire line combined.

Superpowers must have faded?

Why did Marner's superpowers fade this year playing with JVR and Bozak?

Why were they so bad 5 on 5?

I'm waiting on your narcissistic answer @Pookie.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Why did Marner's superpowers fade this year playing with JVR and Bozak?

Why were they so bad 5 on 5?

I'm waiting on your narcissistic answer @Pookie.

There's a massive assumption in your question but let's say that his defensive play was inconsistent and go with it.

Are you really asking me why did a 2nd year pro, who is not even old enough to legally buy a beer in the USA suffer from perceived inconsistency?

This is your question?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good players make others better, something that is true for both Marner and Kadri. Marner himself is scoring at a much, much higher pace than he did before being put on Kadri's line after all.

And the numbers show this to be the case clear a day. I don’t understand how anyone can still argue that this lineup change didn’t have positive impacts all round - even Komarov seems to be playing better in a role better suited to his ability

Reactions: stickty111

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I mean are there people if there who want to argue that line mates have minimal impact on one another’s on ice play?

Because the evidence is fairly overwhelming to the contrary- and this goes well beyond Kadri/Leo/Marner

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I mean are there people if there who want to argue that line mates have minimal impact on one another’s on ice play?

Because the evidence is fairly overwhelming to the contrary- and this goes well beyond Kadri/Leo/Marner

Sure they do.

But when the linemate in question performs consistently (good or bad), and the linemates on the PP don’t change, performance gaps can’t be blamed on that variable.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

...and good players go on hot and cold streaks, it just happens that right now Kadri's line is on a hot streak, when Kadri's line goes in a slump and it will, do we blame Leo again?

...and do we disregard the fact Kadri's line has not been getting the tough defensive match ups (Matthews line is getting them now) since Leo was taken off that line?

Not directed at you Nit but some people completely disregard the whole picture of why Kadri's line was doing so well and think its ONLY because Leo is now off that line. It's never that simple.

Babcock is a genius in disguising a subtle change during a long home stand (turning Kadri's line into our primary scoring line but giving tough match ups to our previous top scoring line (Matthews line)) under an obvious change (Marner/Leo) (to get the favorable match ups). Incredibly simple but effective.

If we get home ice I REALLY like our chances, Babcock is starting do these chess moves in anticipation for the playoffs.

Teams like Boston, although they appear to be a powerhouse are actually a house of cards, they flashed a stat during a recent Tor/Bos game that should make Boston fans VERY worried. 40% of their offence comes from one line (Bergeron's) Lets say teams score on average 3 goals a game, if the Bergeron line is shut down, that means Boston will only score 1.8 goals per game, as a Leaf fan do you think we can a score 2 goals a game in a 7 game series? Although Boston looks scary now, I really don't think they are set up well for a long playoff run and are actually set up to fail in the 1st round.

Babcock is prepping both lines, Kadri and Matthews lines, to be both a match up lines and a scoring lines depending on the game. I see the chess moves Babcock is doing right now to prep this team for the playoffs, I think we are getting close to being set up for a long run in the playoffs. When we have multiple road games, in a short period of time, where we play as well on the road as we do at home that will be my signal that this team "gets it"and will be a threat in the playoffs.

I know I digressed a bit but Kadri's line doing so well recently is not as simple as moving one guy onto the line and taking one guy off. There are significant but subtle moves that have allowed this team to go 5 and 0 on their recent home stand.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Age GamesGoalsAssistsPointsPPG
232009-1037819270.730
242010-11821517320.390
252011-12731829470.644
262012-13461216280.609
272013-14581930490.845
282014-15822326490.598
292015-16571223350.614
302016-17781837550.705
312017-1859921300.508
Career5721342183520.615
202010-112939120.414
212011-12215270.333
222012-13481826440.917
232013-14782030500.641
242014-15731821390.534
252015-16761728450.592
262016-17823229610.744
272017-18582119400.690
Career4651341642980.641
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I expect Kadri to be the better player today, and as 7th. overall pick it was expected he'd be a good player.
The free wallet is probably one of the better free wallets you could have landed.

Seems both have turned out very well.

All players age out ...

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Sure they do.

But when the linemate in question performs consistently (good or bad), and the linemates on the PP don’t change, performance gaps can’t be blamed on that variable.

When all three forwards on the Marner/Marleau/Kadri are performing better at even strength since the line change, I’d say it’s a pretty important variable.

Edit: had Marleaus name twice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad