Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
It’s almost as though when you change you positioning in a hit last second to dodge it, it can look worse than it is.
You just admitted you haven't seen the post and have no interest in evidence. Why are you talking to me?

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Looks like Bruins are going to be heavily injured after last nights game. Johansson not travelling with the team and Debursk, Clifton and Torey Krug all day to day (Im guessing Debrusk and Krug wont play considering their histories of concussions this season)

Debrusk will end up playing. Holding him back for the theatrics until Kadri's suspension comes rolling in.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Brad Meier and Trevor Hanson should be barred from officiating another game this post-season. As officials you have to ensure the game doesn't get out of control like that. I'm not condoning Kadri pulling that stunt yesterday, but if those two f***ing clowns actually had a clue, maybe we don't see those theatrics occur.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It almost functioned as sort of a rallying point for the Leafs when Kadri got suspended last year, we did win 2/3 with the loss being a super-close game that could have gone either way.

Series-wise I think we're ok as long ass we see a pulse from the currently unimpactful $18M of wasted capspace.
Game 2 nobody played well. Leafs players falling all over the place and the puck seemed to fall off our stick a lot.
Kadri could be that really point again and his loss is less impactful as it was last year.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Brad Meier and Trevor Hanson should be barred from officiating another game this post-season. As officials you have to ensure the game doesn't get out of control like that. I'm not condoning Kadri pulling that stunt yesterday, but if those two ****ing clowns actually had a clue, maybe we don't see those theatrics occur.
I think the refs were more concerned about giving the American team the win then player safety.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I said it before but if this was a regularly officiated game, I'd be right with the anti-Kadri crowd right now.

That was the furthest thing from a regularly officiated game. When that **** transpires, the normal rules are not applied.
The analysis of the knee on knee hit is making the rounds. The league might avoid embarrassment by limiting the suspension. If not, it is time to acquire a disposable enforcer on the team and show the league that selective enforcement is going to have repercussions.

Reactions: Azazel

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Anyone know what time the hearing is?
"The hearing will happen when I'm damn good and ready!"
george-parros_1590-780x405.jpeg

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Debrusk will end up playing. Holding him back for the theatrics until Kadri's suspension comes rolling in.

Yep, he was never hurt. The interview after was cringe worthy. Claiming the whole thing was a blur and hopes his tests come back negative. Call Victor Newman, the Y and R have a new cast member

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The analysis of the knee on knee hit is making the rounds. The league might avoid embarrassment by limiting the suspension. If not, it is time to acquire a disposable enforcer on the team and show the league that selective enforcement is going to have repercussions.

I'll have to bite the bullet and eat a bit of crow regarding this too:

The toughness that you and your ilk advocate for was much needed in last night's game. I suppose when all is said and done you can't rely on the officiating being consistent like it was in game 1. Kadri and Muzzin were the only guys who gave a f*** and the Bruins knew it.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, some of these so called leaf fans should pack their bags and find another team to cheer for. It is so Fking embarrassing that there is such a rush to condemn one of our own after the nonsense I witnessed last night. Debrusk should be suspended large but the calls for suspension are loudest among so called leaf fans for Kadri...a guy who had the testicles to do something about it. It is incomprehensible that so many people have a need to virtue signal. That is what this is really about.

Sure, agreed. But Kadri's getting a big suspension; just saying the obvious. At this point, best case scenario is hopefully Debrusk is out for a bit too. Sorry if that offends anyone's delicate sports honour or sensibilities but that's about the best justice the Leafs can hope for at this point.

Reactions: bren00ch

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008

I don't think it is as premeditated as people are making this out to be. Right before the contact, Kadri looks away.

I think it was incidental contact. We've seen this same play multiple times over the last two seasons and the vast majority end in fines. Kadri should be pleading accidental contact.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't think it is as premeditated as people are making this out to be. Right before the contact, Kadri looks away.

I think it was incidental contact. We've seen this same play multiple times over the last two seasons and the vast majority end in fines. Kadri should be pleading accidental contact.

Looks like he's flinching to me because Debrusk's stick is up. Kind of a bracing for impact sort of look-away.

Reactions: ashs

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The result of the Kadri hit on Debrusk reminds me of Babs claiming Martin "keeps the flies off". We don't have that guy (and it does not have to be Martin - it could be a Boone Jenner, a Josh Anderson, or a Lawson Crouse etc. etc. etc.).

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Unfortunately Kadri did not knock him out of the series. Now we have nobody to "police" him. Although a good Muzzin hit might do the trick. See Krug.
DeBrusk is at least out for next game, and Clifton is also out.

The undisciplined, reckless game the B's played really actually seemed to hurt them more than us -- and we frankly have more depth to work with on both D and F than they do, so it's a trade-off we make IMO.

The entire BOS team are filled with pieces of shit, so I hope we do a lot of permanent damage to these guys. I hope Krug was just Kaberle'd. Couldn't have happened to a shittier team.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Thank angle looks really, really bad. We're losing him for the series for sure.

yeah but what were they expecting. the little shithead debrusk was running around the entire night and when he hit the vet Marleau like that Kadri snapped. something had to be done.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The result of the Kadri hit on Debrusk reminds me of Babs claiming Martin "keeps the flies off". We don't have that guy (and it does not have to be Martin - it could be a Boone Jenner, a Josh Anderson, or a Lawson Crouse etc. etc. etc.).
Yeah, and Dubas goes out and gets Petin.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
DeBrusk is at least out for next game, and Clifton is also out.

The undisciplined, reckless game the B's played really actually seemed to hurt them more than us -- and we frankly have more depth to work with on both D and F than they do, so it's a trade-off we make IMO.

The entire BOS team are filled with pieces of ****, so I hope we do a lot of permanent damage to these guys. I hope Krug was just Kaberle'd. Couldn't have happened to a ****tier team.

Is DeBrusk actually out ? I know Krug might be. As for the Bs being filled with pieces of shit, other than Bergeron and maybe one or two others, agreed. Last night they reminded me of the 70's version of the Broad Street Bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad