Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If Kadri throws the knee and Debrusk cross checks Kadri in the face, I guarantee the media would be focused on Kadris "terrible knee, undisplined, ect" I am 100% convinced that cross check doesn't even get looked at by the league or even mentioned by the media.
No doubt. DeBrusk's dad works for sportsnet. They're obviously going to paint Kadri as the villain and DeBrusk as an angel no matter what

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You're only mad because of the result.

Kadri was head and shoulders the best skater on the ice for us.

I am mad because someone who considers himself to be a leader on this team can not take the 2 seconds before deciding to cross check someone in the head to assess if this is actually the right course of action to take. I am mad that once again. a cog on this team removed himself from being so mind-numbingly stupid again, and people are like. "HURRAH! HE'S SO PHYSICAL ISN'T IT SWOONY! Why can't we have more players like that?" He literally could have again done a multitude of things again instead of driving something at someone's head again knowing that he's got a history of head hunting. I am not going to applaud that, or go "Oh look he was really good game before he went and hurt his team again, so wish we had more people just like him."

I want this team to win a cup. you are not going to win a cup if someone who is important to the team - continually gets himself suspended, doing the same crap. the end. (this doesn't mean i'm happy with the make up with this team, because I am not, before you counter that back at me). For every single flaw that Marchand has in his body and has cost his team in the regular season he hasn't been suspended in the playoffs. not once. (or not once that I can remember). So had you even said, you know, i want more players like Marchand, it wouldn't even bother me - because in the playoffs, he's not a detriment to the team.

there are many ways to defend yourself, there are many ways to be strong..
I'm not going to sit here and justify stupid decisions. it's blowing my mind that people are because it's either Kadri or he "defending himself/the team." and it doesn't even matter that he's shot the team in the foot again. sorry.

team.

player.

always for me.

and Kadri (and a multitude of you) can be all he was defending Marleau. he wasn't. he was getting his pound of flesh in and he wanted it to hurt. he was thinking of himself, and not what his actions would hurt the team. that's wrong every day and twice on Sunday to me. I'd rather him take a name, and get him later, and do his best to help us win the series. which he can't do, because he's in the press box.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
If Kadri throws the knee and Debrusk cross checks Kadri in the face, I guarantee the media would be focused on Kadris "terrible knee, undisplined, ect" I am 100% convinced that cross check doesn't even get looked at by the league or even mentioned by the media.
Considering players have been doing that to our players all season, I'm inclined to agree with you

Reactions: Azazel

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
and Kadri (and a multitude of you) can be all he was defending Marleau. he wasn't. he was getting his pound of flesh in and he wanted it to hurt. he was thinking of himself, and not what his actions would hurt the team

He wasn't thinking of himself.

He wasn't thinking.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Grow a god damn backbone? Kadri and Muzzin were the only two willing to fight the bull**** antics that Bruins stooped to yesterday. Sure he shouldn't of cross checked, but how much better would this team be if we didn't have someone to defend the cowards like Matthews. Some one has to standup for their team mates. What Kadri did pales in comparison to all the belligerent **** Boston got away, lets not even mention the disgusting and gutless kneeing on Kadri and the hit on Marleau.

Seeing this posting dynamic for crucifying for players for stepping it up physically yet whining all day about how this team is "soft". Can't win with you folk.

when you find a post of me saying i was happy with Boston did, or that I don't like physical hockey, or that I didn't even want Naz to get pay back later, or even find one post saying that "we're soft." then you have a point. note. you won't. because I didn't like what Boston did, i thought they should have been punished, , I don't kvetch about how "soft" the team is. it doesn't excuse the right that Kadri took his stick, hit someone in the head. again. getting himself suspended. again. and hurting the team with his actions. again.

so whatever "you folk" you're talking about, it's not me.

Reactions: filthyMitz

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Kadri would not need to be playing this style of hockey if we had players who would actually drop the gloves once in a while he could avoid this situation. He is an idiot but he always retaliates for his teammates. He never goes after a player for a dirty hit or tryst to get revenge for himself. This team is built wrong when we need a skilled center to be handling these type of moments. If we do trade kadri, I hope we can appreciate atleast that he was never afraid to step up for his teammates and loved being a leaf. It sucks he couldnt have cross checked him lower, and avoided the head. Matthews, marner, nylander are the type who would see their linemates get run over and simply glide towards the player and pretend to be in a tie up.

oh i'm sorry what way is that?
everyone (including naz) says he plays better on the edge.
Naz has done crap like this when we've had more enforcer like people on the team.

people want to keep excusing this as if it's everyone elses's fault but his own. geeze.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
All I wish is Kadri just went to Debrusk, dropped his gloves and settled the score with a fair fight. He stands up for his teammates, gets to take out all of his anger and emotion in a 1 on 1 fight, gets to cool off for 5 minutes, and everyone compliments him for standing up for marleau. No suspension, no backlash and the keeps the game cleaner. Revenge the clean way

Reactions: filthyMitz

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I am mad because someone who considers himself to be a leader on this team can not take the 2 seconds before deciding to cross check someone in the head to assess if this is actually the right course of action to take. I am mad that once again. a cog on this team removed himself from being so mind-numbingly stupid again, and people are like. "HURRAH! HE'S SO PHYSICAL ISN'T IT SWOONY! Why can't we have more players like that?" He literally could have again done a multitude of things again instead of driving something at someone's head again knowing that he's got a history of head hunting. I am not going to applaud that, or go "Oh look he was really good game before he went and hurt his team again, so wish we had more people just like him."

I want this team to win a cup. you are not going to win a cup if someone who is important to the team - continually gets himself suspended, doing the same crap. the end. (this doesn't mean i'm happy with the make up with this team, because I am not, before you counter that back at me). For every single flaw that Marchand has in his body and has cost his team in the regular season he hasn't been suspended in the playoffs. not once. (or not once that I can remember). So had you even said, you know, i want more players like Marchand, it wouldn't even bother me - because in the playoffs, he's not a detriment to the team.

there are many ways to defend yourself, there are many ways to be strong..
I'm not going to sit here and justify stupid decisions. it's blowing my mind that people are because it's either Kadri or he "defending himself/the team." and it doesn't even matter that he's shot the team in the foot again. sorry.

team.

player.

always for me.

and Kadri (and a multitude of you) can be all he was defending Marleau. he wasn't. he was getting his pound of flesh in and he wanted it to hurt. he was thinking of himself, and not what his actions would hurt the team. that's wrong every day and twice on Sunday to me. I'd rather him take a name, and get him later, and do his best to help us win the series. which he can't do, because he's in the press box.

Again, you're only upset because the cross check was up high.

A response was and will continue to be needed against the Bruins.

Unless you're fine with it being open season on our players.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Again, none of that has anything to do with Kadri's recklessness.
Kadri should be given a medal for his restraint. The knee on knee would have been enough to respond, never mind all the other crap. It was so blatantly an attempt to injure and for those who don't know squat about knee injuries, this one could have been really bad.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Kadri needs to go to a team where he isn't an island and also a team that needs a 2C. He needs a change of scenery let's be honest. His play style is not suited here cos he's the only guy who's ever consistently being abrasive and he ends up being targeted by other teams as a result.

Maybe with Thornton retiring, the Sharks would be a good destination for him cos they are a bit tight up on the cap and could really use a good contract and he wouldn't be basically on his own on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway