Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sure man, there are lots of nut jobs out there. Flat earthers, chemtrailers, anti-vax, moon landing triggers, etc... Lots of conspiracy theories are available for entertainment.

Hahaha, nice try bud. Nice try.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Kadri needs to go to a team where he isn't an island and also a team that needs a 2C. He needs a change of scenery let's be honest. His play style is not suited here cos he's the only guy who's ever consistently being abrasive and he ends up being targeted by other teams as a result.

Maybe with Thornton retiring, the Sharks would be a good destination for him cos they are a bit tight up on the cap and could really use a good contract and he wouldn't be basically on his own on that team.

Kadri needs to go to Boston where everything he does will just be swept under the rug. Anything he does will be viewed as 'Bruins toughness'

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Then if the only course of action gets him multiple games then do nothing.

I certainly don’t like what he did, but to say it was a surprise would be lying. He was the target of cheap shots all night, and nobody but Muzzin was providing any push-back to the nonsense. That crosscheck was in the mail well before it was delivered. If we had someone like Tkachuk or Reeves in the lineup, these things don’t get this far.

We are who we are, for better or worse. We got our split, our stars are all healthy, and we’re the better team. Time to prove that, and it starts at home on Monday.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
No problem with what Kadri did. Bruins were allowed to head shot, knee, elbow people all night. He decided enough is enougj and took matters into his own hands. Yeah he gets suspended but this has to wake up the NHL on that piss poor officiting last night.

Team has to rally around kadri and dont think any9nein the Leaf room are mad Kadri drilled Debrusk. They have JT this year and now 2 floaters matthews and Nylander have to play better.

They still have depth at C and instead of plekanec as the #2 its Matthews and you can elevate a Trevor Moore on the wing and bring in a vet like Ennis

Hopefully the series gets called properlt the rest of the wayandif Kadri suspension is the catalyst so be it

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think (hope) most of us want a winning team. He's just implying you're obviously not capable.
He can imply all he wants. Only a soft mind with zero hockey experience doesn't understand what the appropriate response to a blatant knee on knee injury attempt, beyond the other attempts to injure should be. Really wondering how many people here never made it out of houseleague hockey.
Smarten up snowflakes and put on your big boy pants

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
So whats everyones guess on the length of the suspension?

I think it should be 1 game, as a repeat offender, maybe 2 or 3. (double the numbers if it were regular season)

In reality, guessing the league goes 10 or 15, they want to pretend to care about player safety and this has a lot of eyeballs.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Again, you're only upset because the cross check was up high.

A response was and will continue to be needed against the Bruins.

Unless you're fine with it being open season on our players.

I said it before but if this was a regularly officiated game, I'd be right with the anti-Kadri crowd right now.

That was the furthest thing from a regularly officiated game. When that shit transpires, the normal rules are not applied.

Reactions: Azazel

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Looks like Bruins are going to be heavily injured after last nights game. Johansson not travelling with the team and Debursk, Clifton and Torey Krug all day to day (Im guessing Debrusk and Krug wont play considering their histories of concussions this season)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
He has to go. He can't maintain his cool and it's the same situation as last year. We need guys who don't get suspended every playoffs.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This team has big money committed to Matthews, JT, Nylander, soon to be Marner.

If we lose the series based solely on Kadri getting suspended, we suck. Because there is a good chance Kadri won’t be here next year due to money.
And last year without Kadri and JT we still pushed Boston to the edge.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Pretty ironic how the same fans calling for toughness are the same ones trying to push Kadri out right now. He’s exactly the kind of player we need. He just needs to keep his cool.
Toughness goes hand in hand with what we saw last nigh regarding the blatant dirty plays. Anyone who's played hockey knows this. I never got to a high level in hockey personally but I did in Lacrosse and the same principles apply.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So whats everyones guess on the length of the suspension?

I think it should be 1 game, as a repeat offender, maybe 2 or 3. (double the numbers if it were regular season)

In reality, guessing the league goes 10 or 15, they want to pretend to care about player safety and this has a lot of eyeballs.

It should be 1 but add one because it's Kadri and add another because it's the Leafs.

3 games.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
And last year without Kadri and JT we still pushed Boston to the edge.
It almost functioned as sort of a rallying point for the Leafs when Kadri got suspended last year, we did win 2/3 with the loss being a super-close game that could have gone either way.

Series-wise I think we're ok as long ass we see a pulse from the currently unimpactful $18M of wasted capspace.

Reactions: saltming

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Im pissed that the bruins got away with everything. Like thats laughable and embarassing.

Part of me understands the frustration from kadri and loves the passion.

But then im like, he was turning the game around. He scored, we got momentum, the hit was unnecessary. He had time to think and decide and he still thought a cross check to the neck was acceptable? He took himself out of the game, and looks like series, and put us down by 5.

Thats a veteran being selfish and you could see in the post game interviews his teammates and coach felt the same. He should know better. Revenge isn't the main goal here. Winning the game is. All the antics take a backseat.

So while this time there was a lot of nonsense and i feel for kadri because of the knee or knee being let go (seriously, the fact that it was debrusk isn't enough to show intent? No call?), he still should have held himself back.

He literally cannot stop himself and that's a big problem

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, some of these so called leaf fans should pack their bags and find another team to cheer for. It is so Fking embarrassing that there is such a rush to condemn one of our own after the nonsense I witnessed last night. Debrusk should be suspended large but the calls for suspension are loudest among so called leaf fans for Kadri...a guy who had the testicles to do something about it. It is incomprehensible that so many people have a need to virtue signal. That is what this is really about.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Absolutely disgusting that the league won't bother to look at it.
Its almost like they have decided before the games are played that everything Boston does is legal.

It’s almost as though when you change you positioning in a hit last second to dodge it, it can look worse than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad