Pre-Game Talk: Kadri’s Suspension (Upd: In-Person Hearing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
The proper way is to drop the gloves and challenge him to a fight. Chara kind of did that after the Kadri hit.

Chara didn't drop his gloves and Kadri turtled like crazy. I do agree though. Problem then is if Debrusk declines as he would then Kadri gets an instigator or worse and no message gets sent. There's no right answer other than to call penalties earlier in the game and ensure it never gets to this stage.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Looks like Bruins are going to be heavily injured after last nights game. Johansson not travelling with the team and Debursk, Clifton and Torey Krug all day to day (Im guessing Debrusk and Krug wont play considering their histories of concussions this season)

Also I'm pretty sure that Chara is playing banged up. Dropped like a box of rocks by Moore in game one, and I believe Marleau last night

PeterPuck101

Feb 12, 2019
Kadri you're an idiot. You never learn from your mistakes. If you do get a suspension I hope this is the last game for you as a Leaf.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Chara didn't drop his gloves and Kadri turtled like crazy. I do agree though. Problem then is if Debrusk declines as he would then Kadri gets an instigator or worse and no message gets sent. There's no right answer other than to call penalties earlier in the game and ensure it never gets to this stage.

Exactly why I said "kind of". Had Kadri stood up and accepted the challenge, Chara would have knocked him to kingdom come. If Debrusk declines, you pick up your gloves and wait for the next opportunity. There is no penalty for challenging a player to a fight if he refuses to engage. Then again, there might have been with those two clown zebras last night.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Exactly why I said "kind of". Had Kadri stood up and accepted the challenge, Chara would have knocked him to kingdom come. If Debrusk declines, you pick up your gloves and wait for the next opportunity. There is no penalty for challenging a player to a fight if he refuses to engage. Then again, there might have been with those two clown zebras last night.

Sorry missed that before. I agree but if Kadri challenged and Debrusk said no Kadri would have e gotten tackled by their whole team. I don't think he's brave enough for that kind of action lol.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto

Even if there is a penalty called, whatever, better than a suspension. smh at kadri

Reactions: ToneDog

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Kadri you're an idiot. You never learn from your mistakes. If you do get a suspension I hope this is the last game for you as a Leaf.
What about you go cheer for another team and leave this fan ground... ppl like you don’t deserve to be a fan of the leafs.... kadri has been our best player these two games while other players been bunch of no show except the first game

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Idk if this has been posted Ive watching tiger

Wow what do you know???

Turns out when you ask actual hockey players, they're IN FAVOR of Kadri. Just like I said last night, if you'd ask Kadri's teammates today about him (Freddy even gave him a pat on the back) they'd have nothing but good things to say about him.

Reactions: Azazel

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
This team has big money committed to Matthews, JT, Nylander, soon to be Marner.

If we lose the series based solely on Kadri getting suspended, we suck. Because there is a good chance Kadri won’t be here next year due to money.

Yes and no.

Absolutely fair to say the main guys need to be able to step up more. But when you have a series that’s as close as this, with two fairly even quality teams the slightest thing could be enough to tilt the series either way; last year the series came down to 60 minutes of hickey, and losing a top 9 centre could absolutely be the factor that ultimately decides who comes out on top.

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Yes and no.

Absolutely fair to say the main guys need to be able to step up more. But when you have a series that’s as close as this, with two fairly even quality teams the slightest thing could be enough to tilt the series either way; last year the series came down to 60 minutes of hickey, and losing a top 9 centre could absolutely be the factor that ultimately decides who comes out on top.

Krug is likely out for the series. I say thats a fair trade off

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri and Debrusk were battling for 2 games now. The non-calls, specifically the knee-on-knee with Kadri, elbow to Dermotts face, and riding Marleau into the stanchion, contributed to Kadri's emotions getting the best of him. If the refs call it properly Kadri probably doesnt go after Debrusk. Instead, Kadri gets 2 phantom calls, one of which was for getting punched in the face.

I dont condone Kadri's actions, but I fully expected a suspension coming with the way the game was being played. Kadri can only contain himself for so long.

What bothers me is a clean check or dropping the gloves wouldve made a bigger impact and not have gotten him suspended.

Kadri also ruined the Leafs chance at a come back by taking 5 minutes with 5 left in a game that was still within reach and that Boston was down to 4 D.

Objectively, Marchand has 6 suspensions.

Kadri will now have 5

Both cities have their rats.

Take this in a different direction.

If the Leafs want to have a rat... then they can’t be sending away the Martins of the world.

Kadri will goad and play the antagonist. Which is fine if we are trying to get elite teams off their game and into a street fight.

It’s absolutely stupid when our stars shrink in games like that.

Marchand is effective because a) he can score and b) if trouble starts, the Bruins have always had someone else to finish it

I actually like our chances better without Kadri. Turn the aggression down in Boston and hopefully get this back being a skilled game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad