Kachina Jersey Petition

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
So my buddy/colleague that i do media with and I created a petition to bring back the Kachinas. If you wanna do it cool, if not whatever. It's there if you want it lol.

Sign the Petition

Also if there are any spanish speaking Coyotes fans on this board let me know! I was a guest on a spanish sports podcast/radio show last night and unfortunately they had to translate everything i said right after answering so I'm sure they would appreciate insight from someone they don't have to transalte everytime they join the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ171181 and Grimes

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I can't do it.....I love their current set up, with their full time uni's and the Kachina's on set days (like Thursday and Saturday).

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but going back to the Kachina's full-time would be a mistake. Everything in moderation.
Besides, they can make more $$$ selling merchandise with 2 different logos.

RABBIT

I can't do it.....I love their current set up, with their full time uni's and the Kachina's on set days (like Thursday and Saturday).

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but going back to the Kachina's full-time would be a mistake. Everything in moderation.
Besides, they can make more $$$ selling merchandise with 2 different logos.

I hear you, it's not for everybody, but I think it would do wonders for our brand here in Arizona.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
The jersey is just so Arizona. As much as I like the newest look of the Coyotes, my kachina jersey that I got for Christmas just seems to embody the desert team. The uniqueness of both a team in Arizona and the design make a perfect match.

I think we have to go back to the kachina. It just sets the team apart.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
I was wondering the other day, what are the possibilities of wearing Kachinas every once in a while on the road? The white ones are nice.

Reactions: RABBIT

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pretty sure they are coming next year so this is kind of a moot point. Ownership isn't dumb and understands the importance of a distinct brand. The revenue for the Kachina stuff is way higher as well.

Only reason it hasn't happened sooner is due to the contract with Adidas.

RABBIT

Pretty sure they are coming next year so this is kind of a moot point. Ownership isn't dumb and understands the importance of a distinct brand. The revenue for the Kachina stuff is way higher as well.

My original post had more detail but i deleted it because I'm not trying to claim to having any inside information, but based off of a comment made recently at a game we're under the impression no jersey changes are coming.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'd rather the next jersey be an evolution of the Kachinas, instead of going back to the originals full time. Keep 'em for Saturdays, sure. But this is a new era for the team with a new owner, and I think the focus ought to be forward, not back.

Definitely want Team Canada Lite to go away, though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My original post had more detail but i deleted it because I'm not trying to claim to having any inside information, but based off of a comment made recently at a game we're under the impression no jersey changes are coming.

There might be a moratorium due to the 17-18 refresh and the reintroduction of the third. Alternates were banned in 17-18. Nobody has changed their primaries since the refresh that I'm aware of.

Jerseys always change, it's just a matter of timing. They might be contractually limited or saving it for the change to the central if it's not coming next year.

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

There might be a moratorium due to the 17-18 refresh and the reintroduction of the third. Alternates were banned in 17-18. Nobody has changed their primaries since the refresh that I'm aware of.

Jerseys always change, it's just a matter of timing. They might be contractually limited or saving it for the change to the central if it's not coming next year.

100%, and I'm not intending to scare anyone by sharing what we overheard. It was a casual question being answered by one of our main media sources saying they don't anticipate any changes/don't think it's of high priority.

RABBIT

I’m gonna be pissed if we stick with the stupid howling head. Absolutely ****ing livid.

Same. I hate the logo less than I hate the horrible home jerseys we currently have. The white arm sleeves look awful. Hated them since I first saw them. The white jerseys are okay, but the fact that we can't just go back to the kachinas full time is mind-boggling. They literally promote it everywhere, they introduce new players in Kachina jerseys. They must love them as much as the fanbase does.

I know this petition probably won't even be a blip on their radar, but we figured why not try. If we get enough people to share it, maybe we can spam the Coyotes Twitter and continously tag Ahron Cohen and maybe evn Paul Bissonnette :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The league generally requires notice 1.5 years+ ahead of time for primary redesigns. Meruelo took over relatively late and wouldn't have had the chance to get the process going for this upcoming season. It's likely that templates will be revised and added for when Seattle joins the league anyways.

The only change they need to make to the Kachinas is to up the contrast of the colors for the HD era. They're quite dingy in an unflattering 90s way. They look great in person, but they need more contrast to fit into the league full time.

They know the fans want them and are aware of the business case. I don't really see the point of the petition tbh.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm with CBJ on this one. I think the Kachina jersey is a nostalgic piece and should be used for special occasions/set nights. I would liked an updated/modern style Kachina as out main but it might just take away from the allure of the Alts I think..

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
d1TkAjb.png

These with the full body black kachinas as alternates.

RABBIT

The league generally requires notice 1.5 years+ ahead of time for primary redesigns. Meruelo took over relatively late and wouldn't have had the chance to get the process going for this upcoming season. It's likely that templates will be revised and added for when Seattle joins the league anyways.

The only change they need to make to the Kachinas is to up the contrast of the colors for the HD era. They're quite dingy in an unflattering 90s way. They look great in person, but they need more contrast to fit into the league full time.

They know the fans want them and are aware of the business case. I don't really see the point of the petition tbh.

I'm not 100% confident they want to switch, that's why in my eyes, using our platform and social media to gather enough signatures may just be more evidence that it's what a large majority of our fans base wants.

That being said, it probably won't do much. It won't get a ton of signatures, but it was worth a shot seeing if it would blow up enough To spam them on Twitter about

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

White roadie Kachina's?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad