Kachina Jersey Petition

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
it’s just a howling head. That’s it. If a Canadian team was named the Coyotes this is what the logo would look like.

Kachina screams southwest. It’s a design the state and the fans love and can get behind. I’m not saying it’s a bad logo. It’s just not one a NHL team in Arizona should use to brand themselves with.

Reactions: CC96 and 0point1

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
There might be a moratorium due to the 17-18 refresh and the reintroduction of the third. Alternates were banned in 17-18. Nobody has changed their primaries since the refresh that I'm aware of.

Jerseys always change, it's just a matter of timing. They might be contractually limited or saving it for the change to the central if it's not coming next year.
The only change I can think of is Carolina changed their aways for this season. I don't know if our change would be seen as major, while we're changing our brand completely we would be promoting our 3rd to our primary which Pitt did last year.

I think we could follow what they did when they one the first of their back to back cups. They wore their retro jersey at home which didn't match their away uniform. Then brought in a matching away the following season completing the change.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Does the NHL have any contractual obligations regarding jerseys other than the manufacturer? I know the NFL has some oddball jersey requirements and they cannot change on a whim (hence the Rams having to delay the full time rollout of the LA colors). Curious if there's a reason why they don't go back to the Kachina's full time.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Didn't someone say the team was not allowed to switch to the Kachinas full time yet? I have this hunch that switch will happen when it is allowed.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So nice. This is one of my top 3 all time favorite jerseys. I had a Kachina Starter jacket as a kid too.
frE8BKn.jpg

Reactions: CC96 and che

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Creation of the Kachina Coyote Logo

Great article about the design and birth of the Kachina logo/jersey - with comments from the original designer himself!

And some original artwork too, with what a jersey with full moon crest would have looked like.
Fun article. Liked this:

No one knows more about Coyotes uniforms, perhaps, than Stan Wilson, head equipment manager since 1990. And Wilson didn't hesitate when asked about the most popular jersey among the players.
"Oh, for sure, without question it's the Kachina now," Wilson said. "Back when we originally wore it, the design of it, the actual material was tough. It absorbed so much water, so it was so heavy, the originals that we wore back in the 90s. The new ones now, they're all built with the new technology so they're so much better. The guys love them, the players … they would wear it all of the time if they could."

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd rather the next jersey be an evolution of the Kachinas, instead of going back to the originals full time. Keep 'em for Saturdays, sure. But this is a new era for the team with a new owner, and I think the focus ought to be forward, not back.

Definitely want Team Canada Lite to go away, though.
Do we know for sure it is the original one they are going back to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad