Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That would be great but those are some big shoes to fill. Hossa was a beast and one of my favorites.

Imo Kakko is more impressive at the same age. Simple observation. I always liked Hossa's talent too. Hossa grew into the beast he was, hopefully Kakko continues developing at the current pace.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Would be nice to not play next to useless Strome. But I also find sometimes he tends to drift away from the net and doesn't get himself in position for passes/shots.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Kakko's positioning, awareness, and stick-checking ability are already top-tier so far this season. It's honestly astonishing to watch him suddenly become a player that I'm confident will get the puck back if he's the first man in on the forecheck.

Also just have to say that the whole conversation about his mental weakness or fragility last season is looking pretty off base right now. He's been as snakebitten as anybody but this is now a nightly occurrence--he just comes back and plays the same way and keeps getting more chances. Watching him and Lafreniere together was also really exciting--you could see it, twin superstars who are going to grow together over many years. Chemistry matters, it's fun to imagine how much better they'll make one another.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
He had a great back check that led to an odd man rush for us the other way.He was our best foward on the ice last night.The points are coming-just a matter of time.Its exciting to watch his growth as a player.hes come a long way from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad