Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
why rush him back and risk an injury? this team isn't winning anything this year anyway. he's 20 years old, let him come back when he's fully ready.

It's not like he's recovering from an injury. He's got 3 points in 14 GP. Granted, he looks good and could have more but the point stands. He needs the ice time to continue developing. Having him sit because you're afraid of a potential injury will just stagnate any potential development. Get him out there as soon as he's able.

Reactions: G46 and romba

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I trust the team on this one. They could want to make sure his conditioning is right before returning to game action. Worst thing would be for him to come back quickly, be a step behind, and torpedo his confidence...like potentially happened to a certain someone on the roster.

Reactions: will1066 and Peltz

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I trust the team on this one. They could want to make sure his conditioning is right before returning to game action. Worst thing would be for him to come back quickly, be a step behind, and torpedo his confidence...like potentially happened to a certain someone on the roster.
Yep I agree completely. The team's confidence as a whole is shaky enough as it is.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing for the team to bench Mika for a few games to get his conditioning a little better. I think he's still a step slower than last year.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It's like the god damned Hughes Rules from the Yankees. Everyone being treated with kid gloves backfires eventually. If there's no injury then throw him out there in limited minutes. 10 minutes KK > 14 min Lemieux. Huffing and puffing at the end of a shift is fine when coming back from a break.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
It's not like he's recovering from an injury. He's got 3 points in 14 GP. Granted, he looks good and could have more but the point stands. He needs the ice time to continue developing. Having him sit because you're afraid of a potential injury will just stagnate any potential development. Get him out there as soon as he's able.

yeah but do you know what would really stagnate his development? if he goes out there and blows out his knee because he hasn't skated in two weeks.

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Glad he's coming back!

After registering a false positive during his first brief stint on the list (he missed the Feb. 1 game), Kakko revealed Friday he did contract the coronavirus and that’s why his absence was much longer this time around.

Kakko said following practice that he was “sick a little bit, but not too bad.”

“I think it’s a little bit hard [to get back into game shape],” he added. “I was on the ice with the team [Thursday] and [Friday], so sometimes it takes time but feeling good right now.”

https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/rangers-kaapo-kakko-set-to-return-vs-devils-after-covid-19/

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I said it in the GDT but I see him turning into a 'Panarin' on the boards. As in he always wins the stick battles and ends up with the puck

Thats amazing considering I think Panarin is our best boards player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad