Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Also, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the only forwards that have been better when they're in the lineup are Panarin and Chytil.

Kakko took a step and was a dominating force for those few games before he was put on the protocol list. Him, Strome, and Lafreniere flatout embarassed New Jersey's top line when they got a chance to match up against them.

I really feel like I am watching different games than a large percentage of the fanbase.

edit - ugh, and this just highlights that our best three forwards have been the only ones to miss significant time... brutal.

I’m right there with you. I’ve never been as confident in his ability to be an elite player as I was in the stretch before he had to sit out. Fingers crossed in a big way that he is able to pick up where he left off.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Also, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the only forwards that have been better when they're in the lineup are Panarin and Chytil.

Kakko took a step and was a dominating force for those few games before he was put on the protocol list. Him, Strome, and Lafreniere flatout embarassed New Jersey's top line when they got a chance to match up against them.

I really feel like I am watching different games than a large percentage of the fanbase.

edit - ugh, and this just highlights that our best three forwards have been the only ones to miss significant time... brutal.
100% I don't get how anyone can watch Kakko this year and be disappointed in his play

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Not disappointed but can't lie if he ends up with 10-15 points I will be. It's clear this year he looks more conditioned, stronger and better in both zones.

Considering how short the season is, he might end up around that number. I'm not worried though. He clearly worked hard on his biggest flaws last off-season, this off-season he should work on his shot more.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Daily Faceoff still has him as day to day, while Chytil is listed as a game time decision... so I guess he's still out.
Chytil is in. Kakko is not playing because he has not skated for over a week. Pretty sure Kakko is playing in the next game.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Makes sense.

I wonder if it is allowed for a player to skate on his own at some undisclosed rink while he waits, especially if they arent exhibiting symptoms or if it's based on tracing or a false positive.

Will be good to have Chytil back at least.

Not having Kakko is so frustrating because he is healthy and is being prevented from playing, but even more so because you dont want him to lose the momentum he has built for himself.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Makes sense.

I wonder if it is allowed for a player to skate on his own at some undisclosed rink while he waits, especially if they arent exhibiting symptoms or if it's based on tracing or a false positive.

Will be good to have Chytil back at least.

Not having Kakko is so frustrating because he is healthy and is being prevented from playing.
I doubt he has skated, but stayed isolated in his flat so no point in rushing him to the lineup without a single practice.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hoping he can get in Thursday. Make sure he's monitoring his diabeetus.
To be fair, I don't think him being a type-1 diabetic really puts him at a higher risk. It's the type-2 guys who are more in danger.

Reactions: Cmox

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
How come?
That's the understanding I've got from Finnish newspapers. Type-2 guys usually have other stuff going on that is putting the in danger, obesity etc.

Not trying to downplay anything here.

Hopefully he's back against NJ tomorrow.

Reactions: bl02 and Cmox

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I don't know what to think. It's good that they are cautious with this stuff, but if he didn't have any serious symptoms he should be good to go after few skates to get his legs going. Why would he not be playing tonight? Many teams who have been on a pause because of covid have basically had one training and then straight to playing. New Jersey freaking beat us in that situation.

Frustrating.

Reactions: duhmetreE and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know what to think. It's good that they are cautious with this stuff, but if he didn't have any serious symptoms he should be good to go after few skates to get his legs going. Why would he not be playing tonight? Many teams who have been on a pause because of covid have basically had one training and then straight to playing. New Jersey freaking beat us in that situation.

Frustrating.

probably a coaches decision. Just like he did with Chytil waiting until Tuesday to play him.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
probably a coaches decision. Just like he did with Chytil waiting until Tuesday to play him.
If it is DQ doing that decision, that's just bad coaching. The offense needs all the help they can get. Get him to the lineup if he is good to go FFS. Kakko at 75% is still better than our 4th line wingers playing 100%.

Reactions: bl02

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
If it is DQ doing that decision, that's just bad coaching. The offense needs all the help they can get. Get him to the lineup if he is good to go FFS. Kakko at 75% is still better than our 4th line wingers playing 100%.

He needs to clear some protocols. Could be league mandated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino