Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
mackinnon was a 1st overall pick who averaged 56 points per 82 games over the first 4 seasons of his career. there would have been a lot of moaning about him if he was our player at that time.

Exactly. This isn't brain surgery.

Pointing out that Mackinnon won a Calder doesn't do much either considering he wouldn't have come close this year with Makar and Hughes putting up all time historic rookie seasons from the back end. Kakko didn't get a Calder this year? Hahaha, well, no shit! Look at the class of players this year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
MacKinnon fulfilled expectations in his rookie year, it was the following years that left everyone wondering what his upside really was and whether he would match those rookie numbers again. There was plenty of talk on here about whether the Rangers should trade for him if it was possible and what it'd be worth giving up. Lots of people (probably including me) pointing out his numbers had stagnated and there was a bit of a risk.
Then he blew up that following season and everyone forgets all the questions around him before that

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
i have question for serious answereres at this forum.

kakko has here a been now for quit long time. today he play for only 11 min. i not see game. ,.....new kid come in in lafresque something ( one of these very speed skating one ) and he already passed kakko in icetime in first game as playing of around 15 min.

what hell marking does this give to kakko? how does his confidence grow and hurt from this?

i feel finnish hockey player dont give credit here easy in NHL. he not american he not canadian. this is why he not play more and grow spurth from much ice time taking place.

if not trusted and letting play his game he will not turn in good here. he is hell of a player. better than lafresque BUT. what the hell is going on again here?

PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................what is a going on here? he is young player and they might have soon ruined his NHL careers

i see he sucked some say. hey....he playd 11 min. and how little he must have playd in first period for getting like benched here. what the heck? bench zibanejaded then!!!! huh! let kakko play . he like god. hockey god. he must have built confidence at ice. . no matter if he suck. he must be playd to succeed. they must play him. he is best

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

kakko has here a been now for quit long time. today he play for only 11 min. i not see game. ,.....new kid come in in lafresque something ( one of these very speed skating one ) and he already passed kakko in icetime in first game as playing of around 15 min.

what hell marking does this give to kakko? how does his confidence grow and hurt from this?

i feel finnish hockey player dont give credit here easy in NHL. he not american he not canadian. this is why he not play more and grow spurth from much ice time taking place.

if not trusted and letting play his game he will not turn in good here. he is hell of a player. better than lafresque BUT. what the hell is going on again here?

PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................what is a going on here?

Dude, he sucked.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................what is a going on here? he is young player and they might have soon ruined his NHL careers

i see he sucked some say. hey....he playd 11 min. and how little he must have playd in first period for getting like benched here. what the heck? bench zibanejaded then!!!! huh! let kakko play . he like god. hockey god. he must have built confidence at ice. . no matter if he suck. he must be playd to succeed. they must play him. he is best

He was the worst player on the ice besides Jack Johnson, my dude.

Reactions: CasusBelli

RUNYR

Dec 24, 2020
Said in the PG thread but I will say it here..

He just doesn’t pass any sort of “eye test” to me. Every time I watch him on the ice, I barely notice him and when I do, he barely looks like he is even skating and just going through the motions with zero energy. He’s still young and it’s one game so hopefully there’s still potential there.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

He just doesn’t pass any sort of “eye test” to me. Every time I watch him on the ice, I barely notice him and when I do, he barely looks like he is even skating and just going through the motions with zero energy. He’s still young and it’s one game so hopefully there’s still potential there.

Hey if ice-time is coming too easy for him.... bench him. That's on the coaching. You bench him, none of this half assed shit. You give ice-time to the guys that earn it, not ones that expect to be out there.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

This is sadly true and the reason I’m more concerned about him and less patient minded. Look at Lafreniere in his first NHL game. At least had flashes of looking dangerous and poised. Definitely engaged and moving.

Panarin is here for a long time. Laf will be too and passes every eye test. He’ll be a player.

Teams don’t win by stacking up elite wingers. If there’s a deal out there for a top tier center or LD and Kakko is part of the price to acquire, so be it.

Even if he develops and proves to be a high scoring winger, he doesn’t look like a play driver and you still don’t win with elite wingers leading the way. Behind Panarin and Laf there’s Kreider and Buch, and Kravstov. Kakko is still a massively valuable chip. He’s certainly not untouchable given the structure of the team though.

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
If things continue like this maybe Rangers should trade Kakko. Its not like Kakko will be out of NHL, but there is no reason for Rangers keep him.

Somewhere like Columbus under Tortorella Kakko could develop into good player. Quinn doesnt seem to be anything else but a poster behind the bench.

Reactions: BreadKick

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Stop comparing Kakko to Laf.

Prospect difference between Kakko and Laf is massive.

Like Laf has potential to be TOP5 PLAYER in this league.

Kakko doesnt even have potential to be top10 WINGER.

Also they need to send Kakko to place where he can play top minutes in top line to regain confidence.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

According to our top experts and analysts, this post has already been deboonked.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Kappo doesn't like playing physical hockey does he?
Hard to play physical when you are always a few steps behind the play.

I'm trying not to overreact to Kakko's play, especially after one game but the same issues he had last season were prominent again tonight. I still don't think he has set up a shot on goal in his career.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Hes a big kid it usually takes them longer to put it all together. I would like to see him do some of the little things good at least. Just not be a liability out there.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Hard to play physical when you are always a few steps behind the play.

I'm trying not to overreact to Kakko's play, especially after one game but the same issues he had last season were prominent again tonight. I still don't think he has set up a shot on goal in his career.

Also with his disease what happens with his stomach/bowels if he hits or gets hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad