Injury Report: K.Miller - Out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Sucks for Miller, and not to be cruel, but he was playing pretty poorly this season. It's not like Bart of any other replacement would be a huge drop off. If anything, it may improve the level of play back there.

I agree, Miller hasn't been as strong.....but at least you knew you had toughness on the back end if needed. With Lucic, IMO, still not able to fight, teams can take liberty with our guys.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I agree, Miller hasn't been as strong.....but at least you knew you had toughness on the back end if needed. With Lucic, IMO, still not able to fight, teams can take liberty with our guys.

Yeah, that's the area where he'll actually be missed, since he was always willing...

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Please call up Trotman or Morrow. I don't have any confidence in Bartkowski at this point and I don't think he does either.

This could force Chiarelli's hand in trading for a defenseman.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The fact that they say "dislocated shoulder" instead of "upper body injury" is now making me think that it's going to be on the order of months, and not days, before we get him back....

Depends on the severity of it.

If there's tissue or nerve damage, which is entirely possible, it'll be a few months.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
gormley.jpg

I'll bite- who do the Bruins give up to get him?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The fact that they say "dislocated shoulder" instead of "upper body injury" is now making me think that it's going to be on the order of months, and not days, before we get him back....

I agree. If it wasn't that serious they'd just call it UBI and let it go at that.

God help this team if Miller ends up needing surgery on it....

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

Make it stahp. This isn't your father's NHL, the league has gone "soft" or whatever you guys want to call it, the teams the Bruins play against don't have the personnel to take liberty with and bully the Bruins.

Colborne - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - Setoguchi
Gaudreau - Backlund - Raymond
Bollig - Byron - Bouma

Brodie - Giordano
Russell - Wideman
Smid - Diaz

Hiller

That's the vaunted Calgary Flames roster from last night. The Bruins are soft crowd uses them as an example of a squad that is still tough and could bully the Bruins. Look how "soft" that line up is! Gaudreau-Backlund-Raymond could get beat up by a high school girls team in a brawl.

Last edited:

member 96824

I'll bite- who do the Bruins give up to get him?

I suggested Spooner+Morrow in the other thread.

Probably an overpayment as some suggested, but it's not like dealing Spooner is something from strength right now. Other team has all the leverage since it doesn't look like the B's have him in their plans. Morrow is a really good prospect IMO, but I would take Gormley easily, especially given where both are in their respective development stages. Would have no problem bringing Gormley to the big show right now...where as Morrow, I hesitate.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Teams were taking liberties when Looch, Thorton, Mcquaid, Chara and Ference were all in their fighting prime.....why should this year be any different?

member 96824

Gormley can't beat out Michael Stone or David Schlemko...

Numbers game.

Yotes fans say he definitely beat them out, but Gormley is waiver exempt. They also don't want him playing on his off hand, and have Yandle and OEL top 4 on that side, with Summers needing waivers on the bottom pair.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Make it stahp. This isn't your father's NHL, the league has gone "soft" are whatever you guys want to call it, the teams the Bruins play against don't have the personnel to take liberty with and bully the Bruins.

Colborne - Monahan - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - Setoguchi
Gaudreau - Backlund - Raymond
Bollig - Byron - Bouma

Brodie - Giordano
Russell - Wideman
Smid - Diaz

Hiller

That's the vaunted Calgary Flames roster from last night. The Bruins are soft crowd uses them as an example of a squad that is still tough and could bully the Bruins. Look how "soft" that line up is! Gaudreau-Backlund-Raymond could get beat up by a high school girls team in a brawl.

If you look at that team on paper, yes, they aren't tough....but at the same time, Burkie built that team on speed.

Boston isn't exactly built on speed.........where are supposed to be a tough team to play against. I just don't see that right now.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Isn't life amazing, just ups and downs.. Here they go and trade Boychuck,and not what 7 games into the season we lose K Miller with a dislocated shoulder.. Just great wow.. errrrrrrrr

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Please call up Trotman or Morrow. I don't have any confidence in Bartkowski at this point and I don't think he does either.

This could force Chiarelli's hand in trading for a defenseman.

With his recent trade record, and their suspect pro scouting, do you feel comfortable with him pulling the trigger on any deal right now?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Gormley can't beat out Michael Stone or David Schlemko...

Tippett is a very good systems coach but he doesn't trust young players (and it's not a myth like it is with Julien). Kyle Turris couldn't play for him, Kyle can play pretty well for most of the other 29 NHL coaches. And waiver exempt status comes into play.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I suggested Spooner+Morrow in the other thread.

Probably an overpayment as some suggested, but it's not like dealing Spooner is something from strength right now. Other team has all the leverage since it doesn't look like the B's have him in their plans. Morrow is a really good prospect IMO, but I would take Gormley easily, especially given where both are in their respective development stages. Would have no problem bringing Gormley to the big show right now...where as Morrow, I hesitate.

I agree- Gormley is left shot and Chara and Seids are not getting any younger. Still think he is going to be a really good top 2-3. Do it Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad