Injury Report: K.Miller - Out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Numbers game.

Yotes fans say he definitely beat them out, but Gormley is waiver exempt. They also don't want him playing on his off hand, and have Yandle and OEL top 4 on that side, with Summers needing waivers on the bottom pair.

Not only that but they have a situation where Tippett refuses to play the young guys.

rt said:
He's an excellent prospect. True blue chip with realistic top pairing upside.

Dave Tippett is a stubborn *******. I don't blame Gormley one bit for demanding out. Frankly, I'm surprised more of our prospects haven't.

I'd rather fire the coach than trade the entire prospect pool.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I'll bite- who do the Bruins give up to get him?

The other day, I posted on the main HF trades board that Boston could offer Spooner, Bartkowski and a 2015 2nd (Boston's). That was before Miller's injury, however, so maybe someone else in Bart's place.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
What'll happen is Chara will play even more minutes.

Which I don't care how many pull up's he can do.. I don't think that helps him or the team out in the long run.. They need to find way's to limit his minutes some. I was hoping some of the younger guys start showing up and stepping up and playing bigger roles on the back end.

Actually I hope that from a lot of the younger guys that are being given chances right now on this team.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Joe Morrow is in his last year of waiver exempt status. So come the end of preseason in 2015 he either has to make the NHL team, get traded before then or placed on waivers (and unlike Warsofsky who people were worried about losing I do think somebody would take a chance on Morrow and claim him). Might not be a horrible time to see what Boston has in him.

member 96824

So if Arizona asks for Koko

Don't think they would. Read that the organization as a whole has the fear of god in them as far as the russian factor goes. Don't blame them given the state of uncertainty out there...even still to this day.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What? Kevan Miller does not play much. Bartkowski handled what Miller plays last year and more. I don't see how this ends up with Chara being on the ice more.

Miller was averaging just under 2 minutes a game on the PK. I dont see Bart doing that. Or doing that well anyway.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don't do this to us :laugh:

Gormley is a legit high end prospect rated Arizona best prospect defensively- Boston should get moist at the thought of having this young left shot defenseman to go with Dougie Hamilton. With 46 and 37 looked up until Judgement Day and Soderberg behind the scenes telling people he wants to stay here long term Koko is a luxury.

Koko wouldn't even get it done. They also have a Koko in Max Domi.

I am super high on Koko but guys like Gormley you have to take a serious look at

member 96824

Gormley is a legit high end prospect rated Arizona best prospect defensively- Boston should get moist at the thought of having this young left shot defenseman to go with Dougie Hamilton. With 46 and 37 looked up until Judgement Day and Soderberg behind the scenes telling people he wants to stay here long term Koko is a luxury.

Koko wouldn't even get it done. They also have a Koko in Max Domi.

I am super high on Koko but guys like Gormley you have to take a serious look at

Best.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Last game was the 1st one this season that Miller showed any of the snarl that helped earn him a 2 year contract.

No need to make any panic moves as we are rotating one 6th dman in (Bart) and losing one.

acr*

3-4 months of Bart.

Ban fighting. Send Lucic to anger management. Cover the boards in memory foam. Make Chara play on his knees. League trends. Archaic.....etc... etc.. etc...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The fact that they say "dislocated shoulder" instead of "upper body injury" is now making me think that it's going to be on the order of months, and not days, before we get him back....

I have the feeling this is one of those injuries where the ortho is waiting for swelling to go down to do further testing to figure out what treatment/therapy is needed. I think this is likely a minimum of weeks if not months. Shoulders are weird and can be hard to work out a time table until swelling is gone and damage can be evaluated.

Huge loss given that we already shipped Boychuk out of town. We are going to be seeing a lot of Bart. It will be interesting to see how things go the next few games.

I don't think Bart is that bad I just think the Bruins ask him to be something he isn't-a second pairing Dman. On a third pair with a smart defenseman he will be fine.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What'll happen is Chara will play even more minutes.

Nailed it.

I called the shoulder in the injury thread, only thing that seemed to make sense. This sucks. Can't wait to have Boychuk back on Thursday at least. :sarcasm: Or is it :sarcasm:? Maybe he gets a hatty against us and flips off Chiarelli.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Edmonton stinks again; perhaps we could kick the tires on Andrew Fernence, knows the system and team, and would provide us with a solid top 4 guy. Maybe he and Hendricks for some lower level prospects/picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->