Injury Report: K.Miller - Out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Gormley is a legit high end prospect rated Arizona best prospect defensively- Boston should get moist at the thought of having this young left shot defenseman to go with Dougie Hamilton. With 46 and 37 looked up until Judgement Day and Soderberg behind the scenes telling people he wants to stay here long term Koko is a luxury.

Koko wouldn't even get it done. They also have a Koko in Max Domi.

I am super high on Koko but guys like Gormley you have to take a serious look at

Spooner + a pick is something I'd absolutely do as well. Not sure if it's a true Boychuk replacement for the NOW but it's a definite upgrade over what we have NOW after that trade. I think we will regret moving Spooner, but but if it's for a young star like Gormley as opposed to trading Spooner to NJ for Ryder at the deadline.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
One of the issues is that even an MRI might not show the extent of the damage. He might sit out for a month or two, show no improvement, and then they decide they need to open him up.

And even then, what they find when they get in there could be worse than expected.

A dislocated shoulder is ****ing devastating.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Tuukka called it first -

When Miller left the ice he passed Rask... You could clearly see Tuukka shaking his head telling another Bruin "shoulder".

Ya sure? There's a rumor that someone said "Hey Tuuk, what do you do when you see the Canadiens coming down ice?"

Tuuka replied "shudder."

I guess we'll never know.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
If we can't get Gorm, I'll settle with Justin Braun (my binky).

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
One of the issues is that even an MRI might not show the extent of the damage. He might sit out for a month or two, show no improvement, and then they decide they need to open him up.

And even then, what they find when they get in there could be worse than expected.

And even worse, if he has any torn ligaments/muscle/tendons in there that they don't know about (yet) then he is done for the season. Dislocated shoulders are brutal, since there so damn unpredictable.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but Rask totally called this one. As Miller was coming off the ice Rask made a shrug/shoulder reference to somebody on the ice, like "oh yeah his shoulder is ****ed".

Sucks for Miller... guy was doing one of the things he does best, and ends up with a long-term injury. Still... Morrow should be given a shot, imo. The kid is actually a decent prospect and there's always a chance he could end up surprising us (kind of like Miller did himself).

And that's not even wishful thinking or anything :dunno:

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
And even worse, if he has any torn ligaments/muscle/tendons in there that they don't know about (yet) then he is done for the season. Dislocated shoulders are brutal, since there so damn unpredictable.

I had an MRI that missed everything.

"Slight separation."

Surgeon got in there arthroscopicly and woke me up, "Signs of at least four full dislocations."

Had to cut me open. Had the other one done ten months later.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Edmonton stinks again; perhaps we could kick the tires on Andrew Fernence, knows the system and team, and would provide us with a solid top 4 guy. Maybe he and Hendricks for some lower level prospects/picks.

Andrew Ference is not a top 4 defenseman.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Every indication as far as playing hockey goes is that Matt Bartkowski is a far superior NHL hockey player than Kevan Miller so I think Boston will be OK. Miller wins the popularity contest because of HITZ and FIGHTZ but Bart plays the game better. Kinda funny a fight is how he got hurt.

How can you possibly think that?

Once again I'll point out Miller has not been on the ice for a goal allowed this season.

That said, now Seids can play Seids' side. And Bartkowski seems to play better when he doesn't think he has to win a job. Could be a blessing in disguise. (or not)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

That Boychuck deal is looking better and better.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sucks for Miller, and not to be cruel, but he was playing pretty poorly this season. It's not like Bart of any other replacement would be a huge drop off. If anything, it may improve the level of play back there.

Miller +4
Krug (Miller's Partner) +3
Chara -1
Hamilton -1
McQuaid -1
Seidenberg -2
Bartkowski -2

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The good news about trading Boychuk: Now you are enough under the cap that you can call up Trotman or Warsofsky to replace Miller.

You are all haters.... Chia was thinking ahead. Y'all need to be more of a pie in the sky optimist like me.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The good news about trading Boychuk: Now you are enough under the cap that you can call up Trotman or Warsofsky to replace Miller.

You are all haters.... Chia was thinking ahead. Y'all need to be more of a pie in the sky optimist like me.

Waiting for someone in this case to say, "It is a little unfair to bash Chiarelli for an injury when no one can predict injuries."

I will end up in jail for sure.

member 96824

:laugh::laugh:

He's got jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad