JVR discussion thread - Stay - Go - Play ?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Jvr is a finesse player which our team have an abundance of. If JvR would play more to his capabilities, he'd be a top 5 winger in this league but he doesn't. Can we upgrade him internally, possibly, not so much offensively but definitely defensively. I would look at moving JvR+ for a upgrade in our top 4.

We absolutely can.

With Kasperi Kapanen.

He looks more than ready for a prime role imo.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

Then what is a player worth going into the final year of his contract before unrestricted free agency?

How many Monopoly Dollar$ is that worth to other general managers?

I don't know. Brian Burke has been silent lately.

If I was rival GM, and the Leafs wanted to move JVR right now, like hell I'm giving up a roster player, unless I want to dump salary. Otherwise, have a couple of late round draft picks, while kick the tires on the 30 year old sniper.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I say we need to try to trade JVR for an upgrade on D. Kapanen can replace his spot at wing.

I cant stand watching JVR take 3 strides and then float around the zone with his feet and legs planted still, reaching out with his stick. He looks like someone that is lagging on a game of NHL 17. He has lost his skating alot this year, and I think he should be replaced. The Marner and Bozak line was missing a player that would go hard into the corners for the puck, while Kappy isnt big, I think he brings this is spades to that line.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Wonder if Toronto are interested the Montreal captain the patioready guy.

Apparently they have to lynch somebody ... err ... I mean ... they have to trade somebody ...

Yeah ... that's what I means ...

:help: :cry: :help:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Wonder if Toronto are interested the Montreal captain the patioready guy.

Apparently they have to lynch somebody ... err ... I mean ... they have to trade somebody ...

Yeah ... that's what I means ...

:help: :cry: :help:
He'll block the trade like Gorges cause Buffalo has a brighter future :laugh:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I say we need to try to trade JVR for an upgrade on D. Kapanen can replace his spot at wing.

I cant stand watching JVR take 3 strides and then float around the zone with his feet and legs planted still, reaching out with his stick. He looks like someone that is lagging on a game of NHL 17. He has lost his skating alot this year, and I think he should be replaced. The Marner and Bozak line was missing a player that would go hard into the corners for the puck, while Kappy isnt big, I think he brings this is spades to that line.

So, I have to ask.

If that is your honest assessment of him and you believe you are right.... is it logical then to assume that NHL scouts would agree with you, since you are "right?"

If you and the scouts agree that he's lost his skating, floats, etc.... how do you think that would parlay into an upgrade on D?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leivo, the forgotten man. I think he's exactly what that line would need to replace JVR, great on the wall getting pucks, can shoot with Marner passing in tough spots. I would trade JVR and think we can make up for within, you have to find a spot for Leivo in the top nine, the guy has shown he's an NHL with a great shot.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Leivo, the forgotten man. I think he's exactly what that line would need to replace JVR, great on the wall getting pucks, can shoot with Marner passing in tough spots. I would trade JVR and think we can make up for within, you have to find a spot for Leivo in the top nine, the guy has shown he's an NHL with a great shot.

Yep.

Leivo, or at the very least, move Kapanen into the top 9.

Either way, I'd seriously look at moving JvR.

I know he's been here a while, and for that reason people seem to really like him.

But he's so lazy, and was shockingly soft on far too many occasions in the series

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
JVR trade value at the moment, probably a 3rd round or 4th round draft choice.

Unless the other team wants to unload salary, maybe you can get more.

:laugh:

uhhh...dude, he's a 30 goal scorer.

I'm pretty sure we can do better than a mid round draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad