Injury Report: JVR...Back Spasms: Day to Day

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
He was not even skating the other night. Same night Kadri was in the doghouse playing with Orr and Ashton. Couldn't believe Randy was giving JVR a free pass for playing so horribly. Maybe he knew he was hurt. Because JVR was TERRIBLE that game. Worst game he's ever played in the NHL I bet.

Anyway, if he's hurt, rest him up a game. No point in forcing an injury.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
He was not even skating the other night. Same night Kadri was in the doghouse playing with Orr and Ashton. Couldn't believe Randy was giving JVR a free pass for playing so horribly. Maybe he knew he was hurt. Because JVR was TERRIBLE that game. Worst game he's ever played in the NHL I bet.

...What game are you referring to, exactly? Considering how well he played in Edmonton, and to a different extent, Nashville, that doesn't seem indicative of injury hampering his play previously.

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
The game against Colorado. He just stood around. He wasn't moving his feet at all. A hip injury would make sense.

A few times he was just waiting for the puck to come to him instead of going to the puck. He's not a lazy player, so it was frustrating. Kadri had 13:00 of TOI, most of which was on the 4th line, and he was leading the play. Meanwhile JVR was doing absolutely nothing that night to help the team win and he got 20+ minutes.

Seriously, I'm not a Bozak fan, but a few times Bozak would throw him a pass and he couldn't even dump the puck in. He was getting jammed at the offensive blueline. It was infuriating. He didn't crash the net like he normally does.

He was dragging the whole top line down. Carlyle would have been smart to switch Kadri on the wing for a bit of that game.

Just goes to show how important he is to our team. He had a terrible game and we lost.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Key player, can't afford to lose him for an extended amount of time. If we can ice a full line up it would be nice one day. Kule, Clarkson, Fraser, Mclaren,

Better now than playoff time.

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
To add on, JVR and Bozak both played 23+ mins.
Bozak wasn't even the worst player on the line that night. That's not a good thing.

I understand people earning their icetime, especially kids, even Kadri, but he was playing better than both of those two and neither JVR or Bozak were punished for poor play.

That's what I hate about Carlyle. Always touting putting players in a position to succeed, and yet Colton Orr couldn't even skate with Kadri. He was behind the play and Kadri was going in on 2 on 1s and 3 on 1s all night. Again, even more frustrating when JVR had the worst game of his life.

That game really irked me.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010

Are you talking about the same JVR who's had 3 goals and 4 points in the last 2 games? "last game" when he had 2 goals including a sick wrap around goal? That's a pretty amazing "worst game ever" if you score a pair of goals..

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about

Triple Minor

Optimus Reim
Aug 24, 2012
Toronto
oh-no.gif

God Dammit

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
Thankfully sounds like a minor injury. Have to expect those will happen sometimes considering he is tasked to go to the dirty areas and pay the price. Is he going to be out tonight or not? Have him on my fantasy team.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd keep Lupul and Kadri together on the second line and try to give us some secondary scoring.

If JVR is out I'd probably go with

Raymond Bozak Kessel
Broll Kadri Lupul
McClement Bolland Leivo
Ashton Smith Orr

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
Are you talking about the same JVR who's had 3 goals and 4 points in the last 2 games? "last game" when he had 2 goals including a sick wrap around goal? That's a pretty amazing "worst game ever" if you score a pair of goals..

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about

Read my last posts.

And no. Do you guys not watch the games? He was awful that night. And held scoreless.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
What are the odds Phaneuf hit him with a slap shot during practice

Pretty high.

I'm assuming he broke McLaren's finger, hit Fraser's knee, and also threatened Clarkson that he would shoot at him in practice if he didn't run to Kessel's rescue.

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
get off the chilli P man, hes been a monster thus far, the whole team mailed it in against the avalanche

Oh we DID NOT deserve to beat the Avs by any means. Easily our worst game of the season.

I'm a big JVR fan. Love having him. And that's coming from a guy who was formerly a big Schenn fan.\

But he played like ass against the Avs.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh we DID NOT deserve to beat the Avs by any means. Easily our worst game of the season.

I'm a big JVR fan. Love having him. And that's coming from a guy who was formerly a big Schenn fan.\

But he played like ass against the Avs.

lol the whole team is bad, you cant single out players when the whole team played poorly, that's just a joke

BlueMapleDawg

Mar 30, 2009
Canada
lol the whole team is bad, you cant single out players when the whole team played poorly, that's just a joke

I'm not pinning the whole game on JVR, but if he was playing well the game would have been much different.

Go into the CBC archives and watch how bad he was. Not just useless, he was dragging the whole line down. He was a liability.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not pinning the whole game on JVR, but if he was playing well the game would have been much different.

Go into the CBC archives and watch how bad he was. Not just useless, he was dragging the whole line down. He was a liability.

oh my god just stop the onslaught, some of the worst arguments i've ever heard on here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad