Injury Report: JVR...Back Spasms: Day to Day

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
They're giving him some kind of treatments for the injury. So, it doesn't sound like a concussion to me.

If he was diagnosed with a concy, would he be allowed in the pregame skate without special clearance? He was on the ice for half the pre game warm up in a practice jersey before the wild game.

I'd assume if he was diagnosed with a concussion the day of, he'd be away from the ice and not a maybe for the game. If i had to guess, I'd say back strain, looked like he was trying to subtly stretch out his back during the skate.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
dang this one's pretty secretive.

this is a huge huge loss. F sakes, JVR was really playing well. That top line was humming. Hurray back!!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
James van Riemsdyk is not skating this morning. Status for tonight's game remains in doubt.

Yep not looking good for tonight.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its an optional skate today. Doesnt mean anything that hes not practicing.

Toronto Maple Leafs ‏@MapleLeafs 17m

.RT @HennyTweets: Optional skate and no James Reimer. I expect he starts tonight. No JVR out here this morning either. #TMLtalk

Penalty Kill Icing*

His injury is back spasms. Per Carlyle.

Unlikely to play tonight.

Razorwing

Oct 17, 2010
Carlyle also says that this is a one off injury for JVR. He has no listed injuries prior.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lame. How serious are back spasms?

They are a ***** to just walk with, let alone play a game with back spasms. I get them once in awhile.

I'd rather JVR sit out and get back to 100% then to risk aggravating it further. Playing someone that's healthy is wise.

DaveT83*

Yup no rush for JVR - its a LONGGGGG season. Give him a week to rest up.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I used to get back spasms after sleeping weird ( buddies couch) or in a draft. Started as a stiff neck, but the problem is in the pelvis, build up of fluids in there construct the moving of the spine, pinching nerves etc. but a quick visit to the chiropractor fixed it. So his is probably muscular in nature instead of skeletal. Then again, I am not a doctor or a pro athlete. So ignore this. Still sucks.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
If he was diagnosed with a concy, would he be allowed in the pregame skate without special clearance? He was on the ice for half the pre game warm up in a practice jersey before the wild game.

I'd assume if he was diagnosed with a concussion the day of, he'd be away from the ice and not a maybe for the game. If i had to guess, I'd say back strain, looked like he was trying to subtly stretch out his back during the skate.

Close enough! Called it :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->