Justin Holl Cannot Play Another Minute In The Playoffs

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Take a wild guess how the Bruins brought McAvoy in.

Though was there a similar situation where the purposefully passed over a vet to play him?

McAvoy is also a whole other tier above Lily who worth noting wasn't playing at his best during the final part of the regular season

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Oh I think the entire world knows the 16-2 stat. It’s being screamed from the roof tops.

I just hope the pressure is too much and Keefe caves. He should.

How hurt will Holls feelings be if he never sees another shift this year, yet gets his name engraved on the cup?

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Oh I think the entire world knows the 16-2 stat. It’s being screamed from the roof tops.

I just hope the pressure is too much and Keefe caves. He should.

How hurt will Holls feelings be if he never sees another shift this year, yet gets his name engraved on the cup?

That would actually help him with his UFA contract negotiations, might get 7 years from the Oilers...:sarcasm:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Probably would’ve been prudent to increase Liljegren’s PK time throughout the season so you could have moulded or at least seen if you have a successor to Holl in that position since Justin is a UFA at seasons end and Lily is signed for another year and is cost-controlled being an RFA at the end of his contract.

Instead Holl got an insane amount of PK TOI all year. He was 6th in the entire league for PK time! And we weren’t even that great at it! Leafs finished with the 12th best PK which is good, but not elite! Certainly not good enough that you couldn’t change anything on it. Keefe seriously couldn’t find a way to distribute some of Holl’s 245:17 minutes of PK to Liljegren? He just had to drive him into the ground eh?

It’s so dumb. Just a disgusting display of favouritism and refusal to adapt. Can’t dare diminish Holl’s role on the PK, what if someone else is just as if not more effective? Then he wouldn’t have the convenient excuse that Holl is too important to the PK to take out of the lineup.

I mean its not even "news"

Keefe had a chat with holl in october

This is justin holl f***ing us in Game 4 and Keefe defending him again last year

And then Holl cost us Game 6 OT and then Game 7 he was complete ass including the DUMB interference penalty he took that waived Tavares' goal off and gave us penalty

Keefe also had another "extended" chat with Holl on Apr 19

I still remember a few games when Matthews was absolutely PISSED at Holl and was yelling at him I think in 2021

I mean it is AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.. its NON STOP STUPIDITY By f***ing Justin Holl. Everyone sees it including the f***ing coach but he doesn't do anything about it.... I don't understand this shit

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You almost have to swap Holl for Lilly now imo.

Holl will be feeling pressure and we already know he can't handle the big moments so just remove him simple solution.

They clearly don't trust Lilly either though and I don't blame them that either. Young inexperienced winger is one thing (Knies) but young inexperienced dman in the playoffs could be trouble.

I agree with the overall sentiment of your post but don't agree with the latter part about experience. Holl had no experience in the playoffs either until Keefe continued to play him no matter how bad he was

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I mean its not even "news"

Keefe had a chat with holl in october

This is justin holl f***ing us in Game 4 and Keefe defending him again last year

And then Holl cost us Game 6 OT and then Game 7 he was complete ass including the DUMB interference penalty he took that waived Tavares' goal off and gave us penalty

Keefe also had another "extended" chat with Holl on Apr 19

I still remember a few games when Matthews was absolutely PISSED at Holl and was yelling at him I think in 2021

I mean it is AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.. its NON STOP STUPIDITY By f***ing Justin Holl. Everyone sees it including the f***ing coach but he doesn't do anything about it.... I don't understand this shit

Fire Keefe will be the biggest headline and hashtag Everywhere if we don’t win tmr.

It’s Keefes fault at this point.

It’s shit like this where your stars get sick of the BS and stop caring.

FFS Keefe. Holy f***… Dubas probably wanted to trade him and Keefe said HeS oUr BeST DeFeNsEmAn

Just win tmr you moron. Stack the lines make the team start on time. F*ckkkkkk

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
they protected holl

mccann gone
There were 2 teams in the expansion draft who opted to protect 4 D and 4 F. Us and our current playoff opponent. Tampa did it to protect Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev and Cernak. Leafs did it to protect Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin and Holl.

29 other NHL teams did not carry a defensemen that they deemed as valuable as Holl that warranted protection. That's how lucky we are in Leafs nation to have such a stacked defense.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
There were 2 teams in the expansion draft who opted to protect 4 D and 4 F. Us and our current playoff opponent. Tampa did it to protect Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev and Cernak. Leafs did it to protect Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin and Holl.

29 other NHL teams did not carry a defensemen that they deemed as valuable as Holl that warranted protection. That's how lucky we are in Leafs nation to have such a stacked defense.

Embarrassing that Holl’s name is up there with actual top four and top pairing defensemen.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How is Holl so connected with the media. Even dangle is getting text from insiders asking him to take it easy on Justin via media.

I honestly feel like we need to turn the spotlight souly on Sheldon and put the pressure on him to make a change.

For a guy who used the blender for the last twenty games… this sticking with it is insanity.

How pathetic is that? Holl deserves every bit of angst coming his way

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Has anyone gone back to watch every goal that tampa has scored while Holl has been on the ice to see how many goals were a direct result of something Holl did or if he just happened to be on the ice? I'm too lazy to do it right now, just curious if anyone else has done it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone gone back to watch every goal that tampa has scored while Holl has been on the ice to see how many goals were a direct result of something Holl did or if he just happened to be on the ice? I'm too lazy to do it right now, just curious if anyone else has done it.
Maybe not a direct result but you can find tons of chances and goals against that Holl indirectly caused.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Conversation after the Trade Deadline:

Dubas: “Ok Keefer, I’ve brought you all kinds of defensive depth now.”
Keefe: “Yep, not gonna use them though…”
Dubas: “………”

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
HOLL has pictures of Keefe getting pegged or something.

No way a Dman this bad, gets this much trust on a game clincher AT HOME.
This'll be the second year in a row Tampa has targeted Justin Holl as the weakest of the Leafs D-men. It's like with Babcock and Jake Gardiner vs. Boston; why can't the coaches see what the fans see?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He’s a massive f***ing liability and is the main culprit in tonight’s loss. I mean Christ just look at this!

Holl is also dead last on the team with an overall xGF% of 24.26% (Kampf is second last yet kept being thrown out onto the ice with his shitty line but that’s a different discussion). He’s also on for the fewest high danger chances for so he’s also killing us offensively.

I don’t give a shit how bad Liljegren played to end the season. He was better than Holl throughout most of the year and there’s no way he can perform worse than Holl has been playing.

Lil and Gio was (or at least seemed like) one of our best pairings most of the year. There’s a reason I said before the playoffs started that I would puke if Lil sits.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
I don't know if Justin Holl is f***ing their wives or sisters or something but he has one up on Dubas and Keefe. They can not trade him, let him walk or not play him.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Keefe didn’t start Holl last year to begin the playoffs, so what is the rationale now against the same team for never slotting him out?? The guy makes no sense as a coach, we win in spite of him, he’s simply Dubas’ comfort blanket but he isn’t exceptional by any measure. Between this fixation with a plug D man and never gettting us to start on time, he’s costing us the series to be frank.

Holl starts tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad