Justin Faulk point produce 2020-2021season

Justin Faulk point prediction season 2020-2021?

• Total voters

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's weird how often we talk about other teams' players in threads about the Blues.
The thread is about projecting Faulk's production this coming season, which is directly affected by the changes in his role from last season, which is 100% completely the result of Pietrangelo leaving (and of Faulk, to one extent or another, being asked to now fill at least some of Pietrangelo's old role).

One can't pretend Pietrangelo doesn't exist, or that he has nothing to do with this topic. It's just unfortunate that every time he comes up, all the other baggage tied to his situation is going to come up with it.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The thread is about projecting Faulk's production this coming season, which is directly affected by the changes in his role from last season, which is 100% completely the result of Pietrangelo leaving (and of Faulk, to one extent or another, being asked to now fill at least some of Pietrangelo's old role).

One can't pretend Pietrangelo doesn't exist, or that he has nothing to do with this topic. It's just unfortunate that every time he comes up, all the other baggage tied to his situation is going to come up with it.
I suppose you're right, the lack of Pietrangelo can be a talking point. But yeah, how he left is irrelevant.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
My recollection of it is that Pietrangelo didn't want to discuss his contract at any time during last season, early or late. Armstrong appeared annoyed when asked about it.

I hope Fauk comes through this year and isn't the incompetent journeyman some of our members seem to think he is.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
My recollection of it is that Pietrangelo didn't want to discuss his contract at any time during last season, early or late. Armstrong appeared annoyed when asked about it.

I hope Fauk comes through this year and isn't the incompetent journeyman some of our members seem to think he is.
If he continues to have games like Monday then I can see him hitting the 30pt mark. I like his physicality and how he gets his shots on net.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I went with 20-30 but wish I could have done 25-35. Last year was abysmal for him offensively, but he was slung around the pairings like crazy. With him finally having a set position in the lineup I can see him finally getting comfortable. I'm more worried about his defensive game than his offense.if he could be just average or maybe a little better than average I think we're fine.
Definitely 25-35 imho. And he's playing well defensively.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
1489690959_1369633272290.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Xerloris said:
TBH I think the only thing Pietrangelo has over Faulk is a better stick. He's great defensively with his stick while Faulk is great Defensively with stepping up and gap closure. IMO they're pretty close to even with all things considered.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk -4 against last 2 games vs Vegas. Shame they didnt give him a other - mark, but it was empty netter.

Crisp pass and carrying puck up.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Faulk -4 against last 2 games vs Vegas. Shame they didnt give him a other - mark, but it was empty netter.

You seem to take way to much joy in pointing this out. What would his - have been last night if we had played legit nhl goalie? Even?

Reactions: mike1320
Dec 15, 2002

Was this -4 fully earned like say John Carlson fumbling the pass at the blueline, giving away the puck, then f***ing up defending the SH 2-on-1 and the opposition scoring so every other Caps player on the ice - including Ovechkin who was furiously trying to skate back to help defend - took a minus? Or was this more "other guys f***ed up, he got dinged by association?"

C'mon, don't just give me -4. Give me some context.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Oh c'mon Ranksu, you're reaching so hard it's just absurd.

Faulk desperately trying to force a stretch pass in a 4-1 game...this is the play you choose to critique? Like he would make this play under normal circumstances? Give me a f***ing break.

And the cherry on top of this absurdity is that this play actually WAS one of Faulk's minuses. Goals against scored in an empty net 100% count as a minus.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Was this -4 fully earned like say John Carlson fumbling the pass at the blueline, giving away the puck, then f***ing up defending the SH 2-on-1 and the opposition scoring so every other Caps player on the ice - including Ovechkin who was furiously trying to skate back to help defend - took a minus? Or was this more "other guys f***ed up, he got dinged by association?"

C'mon, don't just give me -4. Give me some context.

the context that's missing is his partner, who's be awful in his own end. anyone watching can see this.

no one's perfect, but Faulk is still playing very well. he's the best dman on the team right now, and it's not even close

not sure why that annoys people. fans of the team should be happy

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I was totally against Faulk, but he's been amazing and far better than advertised. As far as I'm concerned, his play and heart has earned him some stripes. This team, with injuries that are depriving them of skillsets and talents, is showing up and making an effort. If we're going to lose, that's what I want to see.

As as far all the Pietrangelo talk, while I absolutely believe that the missing element and skillsets on the blueline IS Pie, we can't compare him with Faulk, they are similar players. The main difference between the two is that Pie went through Hitch's D-first system and that did leave a lasting impression on the blueline who ended up using its strengths to help get to a Stanley Cup.

Faulk hasn't had that. He's come in with heart and has taken personal ownership in playing on the Blues D-Line. People keep bringing up Pronger and Chopper and this person and that person but none of these people play anymore or are signed to the roster if they could and Faulk is here. If we're going to focus aggression on anyone on the blueline, it's Krug and no one else. The guy is a one-dimensional Dman who lives and dies by the skillsets and talents of his partner. I seriously feel that if we swapped him out for a lesser Dman with a grinder ethic, the blueline would look ten times better. My two bits though.

But seriously, Faulk is legit. Give the guy some respect. I did.

Reactions: BlueMed

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
the context that's missing is his partner, who's be awful in his own end. anyone watching can see this.

no one's perfect, but Faulk is still playing very well. he's the best dman on the team right now, and it's not even close

not sure why that annoys people. fans of the team should be happy

Amen

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think we havent seen yet how Faulk will play against tougher teams. Avs, Wild and Vegas. Vs Vegas he was -4.

This has almost blinded us how Faulk has played in this season.

It's going to convince me and get hope if Faulk can show against real playoff team he can worth of 6.5mill.$

He has played well against Anaheim, Arizona, San Jose and Kings. Ofc couple bad games there, but overally well. I will give him that, but I will wait for vs real teams and couple games vs Vegas didnt give any hope.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think we havent seen yet how Faulk will play against tougher teams. Avs, Wild and Vegas. Vs Vegas he was -4.

This has almost blinded us how Faulk has played in this season.

It's going to convince me and get hope if Faulk can show against real playoff team he can worth of 6.5mill.$

He has played well against Anaheim, Arizona, San Jose and Kings. Ofc couple bad games there, but overally well. I will give him that, but I will wait for vs real teams and couple games vs Vegas didnt give any hope.
Hockey is a TEAM game. The injury-depleted Blues are tired in this condensed Covid schedule, with the top players like Faulk, and most of the regular lineup playing more minutes than usual over shorter periods of elapsed time. If your line or shiftmates are tired, they can't cover gaps as well, their reflexes are slower, their energy to react quickly is less,; and so they are going to give up more goals. Therefore, everyone on the ice will have a resultant lower +/- ratio, whether or not each and every individual is playing badly. Faulk looked significantly less culpable for goals scored against than his average shiftmate, Krug., and whichever forwards were out there against The Knights during the past 2 games. Faulk looked okay overall in the 2 games. Krug looked bad on many plays, some of which were plays that led to goals. As I stated several times this season, I'm VERY happy with the way Faulk has stepped up his game and is playing this season; and I feel that he is earning his formerly big (now roughly average) contract. On the other hand, I feel that Krug's play, so far, hasn't been living up to his level of pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad