Justin Faulk point produce 2020-2021season

Justin Faulk point prediction season 2020-2021?

• Total voters

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I’ll say:

~20-30 points strengthened by whoever his pairing partner is.

I’m ok with this as long as he plays a sound d game, even if that’s just clearing the puck.

With this roster he should NEVER see special teams time.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If report are any true. Parayko is going monster year, him getting 2nd PP unite. This also means Faulk doesnt get PP icetime which sum up his point produce doesnt grow.

10-20 point range could be realistic in Faulk part.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Well, we're certainly all entitled to our opinions. That's what keeps message boards afloat. I feel bad for jumping back in and beating on the already dead horse.

Ha, I don’t mean to pick on you, but this has such “Arguing politics with a family member at Thanksgiving” energy.

If report are any true. Parayko is going monster year, him getting 2nd PP unite. This also means Faulk doesnt get PP icetime which sum up his point produce doesnt grow.

10-20 point range could be realistic in Faulk part.

In a shortened season it was realistic to begin with.

Generally my take on what Faulk does greatly depends off if Berube is willing to adjust to this team being an offense first team, which I think is a requirement with this roster. Our defense isn’t good enough in its own zone (with goaltending questions) to play the way we did last year, in which our defense already was showing cracks. My gut says Berube doesn’t make that adjustment, as it goes counter to everything we know about him as a coach.

If Faulk gets put with Scandella, my gut says the pairing becomes our impromptu shutdown pairing, and it either is a mixed bag (somewhat effective against the Arizona’s and California teams, but torched by Vegas and Colorado, or a disaster. If it’s a disaster, we are backed into a corner because the only change we could make is to put Colt back with Scandella and Krug with Faulk, as there is no way we can push him below Bortuzzo, and Faulk with Dunn screams disaster in the waiting. In that scenario, Krug gets the majority of the play pushing up ice, because he’s just better at it, leaving Faulk to play a more Bouwmeester role. Either way, if he doesn’t get PP time, I think his absolute max is 20-25 unless he plays better now after 2 years of regression then at any other point in his career. I think the more sensible expectation is 15-20.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Why did they spent months negotiating if Petro was so dead set on leaving. It would've been a waste of time. I don't buy that for a minute.

Pietrangelo refused to negotiate with Armstrong during the season. I heard a couple of interviews with Armstrong when he was asked about Pietrangelo's contract, and his answer was- they don't want to talk about it until the season is over.

So how long did they have to negotiate with him? The free agency period began on October 9 and Pietrangelo signed with Vegas on October 19.

Reactions: mike1320

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Went 20-30x full season I was thinking round 40, too lazy to do the math to see what that prorated too

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
With Faulk not starting on the PP, I think it’s safe to say he will have numbers on the lower end of the spectrum, unless Chief’s game plan changes.

Reactions: Ranksu and TK 421

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Pietrangelo refused to negotiate with Armstrong during the season. I heard a couple of interviews with Armstrong when he was asked about Pietrangelo's contract, and his answer was- they don't want to talk about it until the season is over.

So how long did they have to negotiate with him? The free agency period began on October 9 and Pietrangelo signed with Vegas on October 19.
Not wanting to negotiate late during the season is very common, and especially this season since it was very much up in the air what would happen with the salary cap, etc., moving forward. Armstrong had his reasons for holding off as well at that point, even if he wanted to foist the decision off as being made unilaterally by the other side.

Pietrangelo's people reached out to Armstrong during the offseason after the Cup win and Armstrong didn't want to talk then, citing uncertainty regarding the upcoming CBA (reported in The Athletic, and elsewhere). Armstrong then went on to sign Faulk to a pretty big deal not long after.

Armstrong could have started negotiating immediately after the Cup win, but he didn't want to because that wasn't in his best interests. Nevertheless, that's how long he could have had to negotiate with him...if he had wanted.

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
Not wanting to negotiate late during the season is very common, and especially this season since it was very much up in the air what would happen with the salary cap, etc., moving forward. Armstrong had his reasons for holding off as well at that point, even if he wanted to foist the decision off as being made unilaterally by the other side.

Pietrangelo's people reached out to Armstrong during the offseason after the Cup win and Armstrong didn't want to talk then, citing uncertainty regarding the upcoming CBA (reported in The Athletic, and elsewhere). Armstrong then went on to sign Faulk to a pretty big deal not long after.

Armstrong could have started negotiating immediately after the Cup win, but he didn't want to because that wasn't in his best interests. Nevertheless, that's how long he could have had to negotiate with him...if he had wanted.

I remember hearing that Army tried to negotiate after the Cup win, and it was Petro who have him the cold shoulder..
Pissed Army off, and then he traded for Faulk!

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
I know what was reported (with quotes attributed to Armstrong on the subject).

There's no reason why you, or anyone else, couldn't have known that, too.

I hear ya there.. just feels like we don't know the full story. Probably never will..

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I know what was reported (with quotes attributed to Armstrong on the subject).

There's no reason why you, or anyone else, couldn't have known that, too.
The reporting left room to infer that Armstrong declined to negotiate after Cup when because Petro camp asked for $ way in excess of what he was prepared to pay. He signed Schenn and Faulk that summer so not like he was opposed to doing long term deals. But if Petro’s camp wanted DD or EK type contract he likely figured that since Petro didn’t want to leave the ask might come down closer to FA. We know they lowered price after Josi signed because ask was higher than Josi deal. Ultimately it never came down enough for DA to get him signed.

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
Would've been nice if Petro took a team friendly deal like Perron did..
Perron obviously wanted to be here!

Petro then signs with the "Scott Boras" agency of the NHL..
Same agency "I think" Schenn or Schwartz dropped for some reason.

Hmmm.. makes ya wonder where Petro's heart really was!? $$$

Reactions: Blueston

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I was trying my best not to post anything but couldn't take it any more and felt the need to say something. Some of the hostility I've seen towards Pietrangelo the past few weeks because he chose to go elsewhere doesn't make him a piece of sh*t. I've said it before and I'll say it again he still would've been here if he gotten a no-movement clause, Because he wanted security for him and his young family doesn't make him greedy and I would like it if we didn't called a player who did many great things on and off the ice for the Blues and St Louis names because he chose to go elsewhere. It's childish and petty.

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
I was trying my best not to post anything but couldn't take it any more and felt the need to say something. Some of the hostility I've seen towards Pietrangelo the past few weeks because he chose to go elsewhere doesn't make him a piece of sh*t. I've said it before and I'll say it again he still would've been here if he gotten a no-movement clause, Because he wanted security for him and his young family doesn't make him greedy and I would like it if we didn't called a player who did many great things on and off the ice for the Blues and St Louis names because he chose to go elsewhere. It's childish and petty.

28v1v4.jpg

I don't think he's a piece of shit for leaving lol
It's just childish and petty he left for Vegas..

Figured he loved St. Louis like Perron did!

Reactions: mike1320

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Well.. he should've made a compromise then, and not of held Army by the balls.

I don't think it was so much him.. more so his agency trying to get the most for their own payday.

Army should've put his ideologies aside and not slapped Petro in the face. He got what he wanted from a different team that the Blues failed to do.

I know his agency has a reputation and for good reason. Say what you want about them but there is a reason why they are one the top hockey talent agencies in the world. Petro got what he wanted from a different team that the Blues failed to do.

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
Army should've put his ideologies aside and not slapped Petro in the face. He got what he wanted from a different team that the Blues failed to do.

I know his agency has a reputation and for good reason. Say what you want about them but there is a reason why they are one the top hockey talent agencies in the world. Petro got what he wanted from a different team that the Blues failed to do.

What other teams were offering Petro contracts??

And Army shouldn't of bit on somthing personal for a player... it's a business!!

I'm glad he didn't let his emotional attachment to someone.. cloud his judgment.

That's just asking for trouble..

I think you could also say.. it was a slap in the face he didn't take less money to stay in St. Louis!
I'm sure they could've came to a compromise if Petro took less money and didn't have a 9mill attachment to his name in his late 30's..

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

ThunderCat

Feb 16, 2019
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF HOCKEY MAKE THE PETRO SHIT STOP

You're right...

Everyone has their own opinions on the matter.. to which you can't change on either side.
I respect that, it is what it is.. just going around in circles at this point.

Figured I'd voice my opinion.. not to the extent of ruining this thread tho!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad