Post-Game Talk: Just not good enough, Jets lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
beaulieu is by far the worst d-man we have, he just stands still and lets everyone else go get the puck when he closest to it.

I'm surprised niku didn't play, last game he took the warmup. It's that time of year so I wonder if they might be including him in a package and didn't want him to play incase of injury.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
DiMelo was taking away the pass which was his job. Why wasn't Scheifele backchecking? Why did Beaulieu stand and watch Scheifele not backchecking? Team needs a real #1 and a #2 C it seems.

Top lines doing absolutely nothing. Laine and Ehlers invisible, and Eakin looked pretty bad. He is not a 3C. Defense was pretty putrid without Morrissey too - what the heck was DeMelo doing on the 2nd goal?

If we can't beat Buffalo, we're cooked.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Can't this
2e23f1203855a578f9086f44fc5da8146495efa2_00.jpg

and this

211-2118732_online-reservations-boo-boo-bear-gif.png

on your blue line let alone paired together

Reactions: Jets 31

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
DiMelo was taking away the pass which was his job. Why wasn't Scheifele backchecking? Why did Beaulieu stand and watch Scheifele not backchecking? Team needs a real #1 and a #2 C it seems.

DeMelo went past and behind the second player, the pass was still there. He wasn't blocking anyone.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
beaulieu is by far the worst d-man we have, he just stands still and lets everyone else go get the puck when he closest to it.

I'm surprised niku didn't play, last game he took the warmup. It's that time of year so I wonder if they might be including him in a package and didn't want him to play incase of injury.
Worse than POTATOE? no not quite that bad but that is saying not much at all!

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Team better be score board watching for the rest of the season. They're simply just not good enough to make it into post season without massive help.

#JustNotGoodEnough

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Bitetto says hi.

Please no.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
This place is becoming a cess pool of negativity.
With a comment like that I'd expect that you would have reasons for us to be positive? We had a good sheltered skill line in Harkins-Roslo-Appleton eating up the competition that got disassembled for no reason. We lost one of our two defensemen that can contribute offensively and replaced him with a defenseman that is a liability in every area of the ice, rather than a defenseman that can contribute offensively and is a liability defensively in Niku. We continue to have one of our best all around players in Ehlers shuffled down the lineup. We continue to see defensive liabilities like Connor, Scheifele and Wheeler played in every situation.

Maurice doesn't know his ass from his elbow. I see no reason to be positive as long as he is at the helm.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
The Jets couldn't convert it was that simple. They had more then enough chances.

Helle should have had that second goal.

Defense: Kuli and Pionk were good, Beau and Demelo were meh and Bietto and Poolman were awful.

Harkins played a real nice game, Scheifele was solid but Wheeler was not very good and took a few dumb penalties again.

Second line really isn't clicking. Copp isn't a top 6 C and is inability to control things offensively as a C is hurting his line mates. Something else needs to be tried there.

Eakins was ok but putting him in that slot really disrupted that lines flow. Roslovic looks much better at C.

Fourth line didn't do much.
You lose Morrissey and you put in Bitetto? That is amateur hour. There is no way you shouldn’t be using Niku in that spot.

Ehlers is the most effective player by the minute so yeah let’s play him on the 3rd line because our coach can’t figure out how to get some players minutes.

Connor was absolutely useless today. I can’t believe we are stuck with this coach. He just isn’t good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Is there a point in ranking our D by who is more awful? If any of them are in our top 6 we're not a team that's in the mix to contend. Beaulieu, Bitetto, Dahlstrom, Kulikov, Niku, Poolman, Sbisa...they are all garbage.

Reactions: Ggg99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad