Confirmed with Link: Jussi Jokinen to Pens for conditional 2013 6th or 7th

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
Per the last tweet posted......unless the Pens the Cup final, we get nothing but the honor of paying a portion of Jussi's deal to play in the black and gold

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
yep, now the question is just how much of Jussi's salary we're eating. Anything 1 million or under is fine by me.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
If Jokinen plays 25 per cent of PIT 2013 playoff games AND PIT goes to Cup final, CAR gets 7th round pick from PIT.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 56s
If Jokinen plays 50 per cent of PIT 2013 playoff games AND PIT wins the CUP, CAR gets a 6th round pick from PIT

so a pretty ****** trade in terms of how likely it is we end up with anything out of this.

Wait, so they are eating salary AND could get zero in return? When they "eat salary" are they actually paying him, or just absorbing cap-hit?

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
So now I've got to root for the Pens? Hm.

Changing my handle to "Sidney Crosby's Jaw"

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Jim Rutherford twitter:
@HurricanesGM: This deal is important for our team’s financial flexibility moving forward.
Sure, JR.

That extra ~2 million dollars is just enough to sweeten new deals for your favorites LaRose and/or Corvo to return.

Either that or they just pocket it.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
It's a great deal for Jussi. He got to suck for 2 seasons, while making bank. Now he's traded to a team that will likely go deep in the post season, if not the Cup finals.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
We'll see how much salary we had to retain, that's the real measure of the deal. I'm hoping it's less than 1 mil, it has to be something in that range to make it more attractive than a buyout.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Why does JR seem to get screwed every time?

We may get nothing in return AND we keep some of his salary??

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The picks and conditions are irrelevant. Since 2000, how many players drafted by Carolina after the 2nd round have gone on to be regular NHL players? I'm too lazy to do all the research, but I believe the answer is 1...Wallin in 2000.

Getting a 6th or 7th round pick isn't really much different than getting nothing. This deal was simply getting someone to take Jussi by keeping some salary.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Because people create make-believe fantasy values for players in their head, even after when it was proven conclusively that nobody wanted the player for free less then two weeks ago. Then they get mad when the value is not fulfilled.

After complaining about how useless they are.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
But Tyler Kennedy and Jordan have lots of chemistry and stuff. Nevermind we have multiple Tyler Kennedy's already, just not as ugly looking.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
TK BLOWS, I would have stabbed a mime if he was heading back our way. And I doubt the Pens would have done that deal anyway, doesn't help their cap situation going forward since he's only signed through this year.

With the schnozz on TK, I think it's safe to say he snorts more than he blows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad