News: Julius Honka has asked for a trade (did not get signed/traded before Dec 1st deadline)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's part of it.

The other part seems to be "**** Montreal".
I literally got the notification from TheScore saying the Habs and Canes are among those interested and internally let out a “what the f***” for two reasons.

1) doesn’t Carolina have enough defensemen?
2) they’re totally f***ing with us now :laugh: it’s kinda funny

Reactions: DaveG

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honka isn't an NHL player for Dallas.

...He thinks the game far too slowly (which is something I don't think will be fixed by a trade). There's a reason even when we were 11-12 defenders deep earlier this season, Honka STILL wasn't getting any playing time. ...Too much hesitation in his game.

Not really "news" Dallas has been trying to trade him for 6 months.

Y0qHkfi.gif

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Jacob Larsson for Honka?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I literally got the notification from TheScore saying the Habs and Canes are among those interested and internally let out a “what the ****” for two reasons.

1) doesn’t Carolina have enough defensemen?
2) they’re totally ****ing with us now :laugh: it’s kinda funny
I'm loving it. The league needs a little flavor and one team just openly trolling another any chance it gets is just the perfect pettiness to fill airwaves.

Opening night should be fun.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That's part of it.

The other part seems to be "**** Montreal".

I think it's more Carolina's management roasted Bergevin and his terrible offersheet and now they see how he still doesn't really try to improve the habs, so Carolina steps in and tries to take away the options so Bergevin will be forced to actually be aggressive for once.

Gardiner is decent, but not the top pairing d we need.

Honka just isn't good.

If Bergevin keeps trending like that, then please Carolina keep intervening.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Nichushkin, Honka and Guryanov as first-rounders back-to-back-to back in three consecutive drafts. Two now gone, and the third could be KHL bound as well. Must be some red-faced scouts in the Dallas front office.

Reactions: Saucepass

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Nichushkin, Honka and Guryanov as first-rounders back-to-back-to back in three consecutive drafts. Two now gone, and the third could be KHL bound as well. Must be some red-faced scouts in the Dallas front office.

Always the bottom feeder teams fans who say stuff like this.

Makes U Think

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Could be KHL bound? Lol can I get a source for that? Gurianov is finally headed in the right direction actually

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I can't speak for all, but I'm guessing it'd be a discussion of a top 6 center or RW? Obviously not straight up though. I think most flames fans are hoping of a discussion around Silf or Rakell if there is legit interest?

If Hamonic became available I would offer one of our young guns. Team should be in position this next off season to draft top 5. Would Calgary take Troy Terry straight up? Kid is extremely skilled both at center and RW

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd offer Hudon straight up but it seems pointless for Montreal either way - Folin is a better fit for the Habs than Honka.

Maybe Bergevin leaked his interest so that Carolina would give up assets for him lol

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Like Aho?

Carolina wasn't really going after him since they already had him, but you gotta stretch things to make a comment to shut things down.

Gardiner isn't very good and Honka isn't good at all. If Carolina gets Honka( Fleury for Honka ? ) it's saving Bergevin from his own dumb self

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If Hamonic became available I would offer one of our young guns. Team should be in position this next off season to draft top 5. Would Calgary take Troy Terry straight up? Kid is extremely skilled both at center and RW

I can't say I know much about said player nor the expectations of either fan base. Maybe start a new thread and see what opinions of the viability of such a trade might be?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Carolina wasn't really going after him since they already had him, but you gotta stretch things to make a comment to shut things down.

Gardiner isn't very good and Honka isn't good at all. If Carolina gets Honka( Fleury for Honka ? ) it's saving Bergevin from his own dumb self
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke.

No problem with the Gardiner signing and Honka is Meh. I trust Carolina when it comes to defensemen, no matter what HF Posters think.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Please stop. There is no way in hell the Ducks would trade Terry for a year of Hamonic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad