News: Julius Honka has asked for a trade (did not get signed/traded before Dec 1st deadline)

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Interesting that the RFA stuff has even gridlocked something as minor as a potential Honka deal. Like...he's not going to cost much. Teams must be really worried about how tight they're going to end up with these pending RFA deals whenever they get them figured out.
Makes sense though. Teams need to focus on the big things first. Also it seems if it has got to this point that he's been on the market for a while. We are getting into camp which I bet teams want to evaluate their own players at the moment.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Every team has somebody similar to Honka. Not sure if he would even get pick up on waiver.

Maybe a bust for bust deal

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Always expected more from him. Wonder what a change of scenery will do for him.
I believe Jarmo was high on him at the draft. But with Murray, Werenski, Nutivaara, Gavrikov, Harrington, and Kukan as LHD I can't see Columbus being interested.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think he goes to Winnipeg or Calgary.

I don't see how Calgary can fit him. We have Brodie/Hamonic/Andersson/Stone* on the right. I believe Honka is an NHL regular, no?

Unless we swing a trade of one of those guys (cap reasons) and slot in Honka...

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
He's asked for a "trade" because his chosen "trade" of hockey player hasn't worked too well for him.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Doesn't appear to be an NHL player. Maybe, for a signed depth player or two from another team that they don't need or future considerations. Don't think he gets a pick or anyone that can be used significantly on the NHL roster. Probably has to be done now that he has made the request. I'd be interested from that perspective. He would be an interesting reclamation project for the Marlies in exchange for Justin Holl.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Healthy scratch for more than half the season.

Sorry, I meant he needs to stay on the NHL roster and the acquiring team can't merely toss him in on a farm team without risking losing him on waivers.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I don't see how Calgary can fit him. We have Brodie/Hamonic/Andersson/Stone* on the right. I believe Honka is an NHL regular, no?

Unless we swing a trade of one of those guys (cap reasons) and slot in Honka...

What do you want for Hamonic? Anaheim could use em. Always loved his play style over the years.

Westsyde

Jan 7, 2019
Goldobin for Honka maybe? Seems pretty Fair, Dallas could use better wingers, or maybe baertchi? Pearson? ‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->