Juice1815's GM Game/Mock Draft, STANLEY CUP! Need 3 new gms to replace inactive ones

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
They can't be disqualified, even NHL teams are over the cap.

What you should do is find out how much they are over the cap, and penalize them by the amount for the next season.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I just did some quick math with Washigtons Cap situation, I looked it up and before the deadline they had 1.68 million left to spend. Their cap increased by 7.7 million. Prorated they are over they cap by a little less than 2 million dollars.

however on his roster thread i calculated his roster with pro rated contracts (i kept 3/4 of the contracts traded and added aswell) and it ended up at 52,129,000.

I am not sure which calulation is right but if he is over by 2 million some action will be taken, maybe a forfit of a draft pick or maybe restrictions on what he can spend in free agency or maybe just take players out of his roster until he fits the cap. Not sure what to do yet but i will try to figure out exactly how much he is over on pro rated deals then deal with it

Keep the votes coming in

And to the Minnesota GM, no we are not doing coch firings/rehiring. After the playoffs we are going straight to the draft

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Stanley Cup Finals to be annouced at 9pm tonight.

Get your last minute votes in to save your favorite teams

One Series is very tight, We could be going to overtime in game 7. The other is looking to be over in 4 staright

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Come on guys and vote for your favorite or the team that should win. either way, at least you vote.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Winners of the Conference Finals

Eastern Conference:
Wash vs Florida = Washigton in 6

Western Conference:
Columbus vs Edmonton = Edmonton in 4

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Stanley Cup Finlas

Washigition Capitals VS Edmonton Oilers

I know it is Easter Monday so Voting is allowed until Midnight tomorrow so we have a little over 24 hours to vote

The winner will be award the cup at 12:00am tuesday

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Edmonton Oilers would like to take a moment to tell you why we feel we should beat the Washigiton Capitals

The Oilers feel our top 6 fowards are very deep and capable of competing with any team night in and night out. We feel we have a good combination of speed and grit and can wear down any teams defensive core over a seven game series.

The Oilers think we are a much more skilled team now with adding Zetterberg, Connelly, Gionta, Dumont and Foote and feel we are just to deep of a team as very our third line is more than capable of chipping in with a big goal. But what could help us the most is our toughness and the fact we are "a playoff team" we have guys who will go out their and kill penalities and block shots and do the dirty work that you need to go far in the post season

Our Line up
Zetterberg Horcoff Hemsky
Dumont Connelly Gionta
Moreau Cogliano Pisani
Stortini Nielson Reddox

Souray Foote
Gilbert Staios
Grebeskov Smid

Dwaune Roloston

Powerplay

1) Zetterberg Connelly Hemsky Souray Gilbert
2) Dumont Horcoff Gionta Grebeskov Souray

Penality Kill
1) Horcoff Moreau Foote Souray
2) Zetterberg Pisani Staios Smid

We can also throw a speedy faceoff guy out on the PK in Cogliano aswell if Zetterberg or Horcoff are tired

Our top 6 is equal or better to that of Washigton and Washigiton is very inexperienced.

Washigiton's defense should stand no chance at all shutting down Edmonton's top 2 lines while our defense can make it tough on their young top 6 fowards over a seven game series

VOTE OILERS FOR THE CUP

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Edmonton split the first two games in Washigton and the first game in Edmonton and was looking to take a strangle hold of the series at home in game 4 but it seems the Caps split on the road aswell. This series is heading back to Washigton for game 5 tied 2 games a piece.

Keep the votes coming in

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I can understand how you can think it is far fetched Edmonton made it to the finals but questions why they made the playoffs is a little much, have you looked at the their line up?

I vote Washington. They are just much better. I don't even know how Edmonton made it to the finals, they shouldn't have made the playoffs.

Canad93

Jan 21, 2008
I can understand how you can think it is far fetched Edmonton made it to the finals but questions why they made the playoffs is a little much, have you looked at the their line up?

Yeah, they're definitely a good team, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad