Juice1815's GM Game/Mock Draft, STANLEY CUP! Need 3 new gms to replace inactive ones

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
VOTE FOR FLORIDA
vote%20for%20me.gif

PLEASE CHECK POST #550

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I just calculated it and they are over but i imagine on pro rated deals for the rest odf the year they would be fine.

Also if they sent Modin or Peca down to the minors they would be fine, since they are healthy scratches anyways i dont think its that big of a deal

Was there a salary cap? Because Columbus salary is at 57.379

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Vote Columbus!!!!!!!!!!

Nash- Briere - Brown
Huselius- Brassard- Perry
Torres-Gratton-Umberger
Chimera-Williams-Boll

Dorsett
Murray

Commodore-Hejda
Tyutin-Backman
Rome-Methot

Mason

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Are we allowed to fire/hire coaches?

If so, then I want to fire Jacques Lemaire. After missing the playoffs this year, we want to fire him and the assistant coaches, and hire a brand new coaching staff.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
While i think it is a suprise Dallas is out, if you happened to look at Detroits roster i would say you are wrong, Detroit Traded away Datsuk, Zetterbeg, Franzen, Rafalski and in return got back Malkin, Sam Gagne, Jack Johnson, Huet and Barker to replace them.

Detroit has made sure his team will be set for the futur and restoed their cap issues but they were not a contender this year

I can agree that i fixed the cap problems, that all being said I made Detroits Defense way deeper and better by adding Jack Johnson, Cam Barker, Havelid, and Kris Letang while still keeping Lindstrom and Kronwall.

I also upgraded their goalie by adding Huet.

Yes i moved out Datsyuk and Zetterberg but i brought back in:

E. Malkin,
Sam Gagner,
Eric Fehr,
Dustin Byfuligen,
Petr Sykora

The Detroit team i built is much younger and deeper than the old Detroit team. There is no chance they'd lose to the oilers in the 1st round :P

zero chance :P

Canad93

Jan 21, 2008
I just don't see how they could beat me, I added Parise (a top-5 player), Guerin (a veteran playoff performer), Suter, (a top defenseman), and don't forget that Dallas has basically been playing without Richards, Morrow and Zubov all year (my 3 best players other than my additions) and still just missed the playoffs in real life, nowthey magically return.

Whatever, I won't lose sleep over it but people should really take the time to look what the teams did before voting.

You're telling me. I lost half my team, all my best players, and I only fell one spot in the standings from where the Leafs are right now..

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
My top 6 fowards were deeper than yours, Gagne is not a second line player on a stanley cup team yet. Your defense while young and talented was to in experienced. Johnson is not ready to be on a shut down tandom with Lindstrom in the playoffs and take on Hemsky and Zetterberg. Goaltending was a wash but just average goalies but i think the voters made the right decision

I can agree that i fixed the cap problems, that all being said I made Detroits Defense way deeper and better by adding Jack Johnson, Cam Barker, Havelid, and Kris Letang while still keeping Lindstrom and Kronwall.

I also upgraded their goalie by adding Huet.

Yes i moved out Datsyuk and Zetterberg but i brought back in:

E. Malkin,
Sam Gagner,
Eric Fehr,
Dustin Byfuligen,
Petr Sykora

The Detroit team i built is much younger and deeper than the old Detroit team. There is no chance they'd lose to the oilers in the 1st round :P

zero chance :P

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I vote Vancouver just cause Luongo would make up the difference and he s incredible.

I prefer Columbus but I vote for the better team.

And by the way a team with a better goalie+Better D = Win and That s Vancouver.

I do agree that Columbus have a great Top 6 but not enough to beat Luongo.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I vote Vancouver just cause Luongo would make up the difference and he s incredible.

I prefer Columbus but I vote for the better team.

And by the way a team with a better goalie+Better D = Win and That s Vancouver.

I do agree that Columbus have a great Top 6 but not enough to beat Luongo.

remember when you said, Marty Brodeur couldnt win the series by himself.....
i'm just messing with you

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
remember when you said, Marty Brodeur couldnt win the series by himself.....
i'm just messing with you

I know what u mean but Luongo and the D core of Vancouver is way stronger then what Slapshop(GM of New Jersey) put together.

So Vancouver should win thise Playoff 4-2(so in 6 games)

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Columbus was ahead early I think 4-1 but the votes have just been flooding in for vancouver lately. I have asked a couple guys to vote and sent them the line ups, just waiting for a response

I know what u mean but Luongo and the D core of Vancouver is way stronger then what Slapshop(GM of New Jersey) put together.

So Vancouver should win thise Playoff 4-2(so in 6 games)

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Attention the Results are in

Boston vs Florida = Florida and the girls in 5
Washigton vs Philly = Wash in 5

San Jose vs Edmonton = Edmonton in 6
Vancouver vs Columbus = Columbus in 7

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Edmonton Oilers would like to take a moment to tell you why we feel we should beat the Columbus Blue Jackets

The Oilers feel our top 6 fowards are very deep and capable of competing with any team night in and night out. We feel we have a good combination of speed and grit and can wear down any teams defensive core over a seven game series.

The Oilers think we are a much more skilled team now with adding Zetterberg, Connelly, Gionta, Dumont and Foote and feel we are just to deep of a team as very our third line is more than capable of chipping in with a big goal. But what could help us the most is our toughness and the fact we are "a playoff team" we have guys who will go out their and kill penalities and block shots and do the dirty work that you need to go far in the post season

Our Line up
Zetterberg Horcoff Hemsky
Dumont Connelly Gionta
Moreau Cogliano Pisani
Stortini Nielson Reddox

Souray Foote
Gilbert Staios
Grebeskov Smid

Dwaune Roloston

Powerplay

1) Zetterberg Connelly Hemsky Souray Gilbert
2) Dumont Horcoff Gionta Grebeskov Souray

Penality Kill
1) Horcoff Moreau Foote Souray
2) Zetterberg Pisani Staios Smid

We can also throw a speedy faceoff guy out on the PK in Cogliano aswell if Zetterberg or Horcoff are tired

Our top 6 is equal or better to that of Columbus and Columbus is very inexperienced.

Columbus's defense should stand no chance at all shutting down Edmonton's top 2 lines while our defense can make it tough on their young top 6 fowards over a seven game series

VOTE OILERS IN ROUND 3

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
vancouver should win.,.. i dont understand the arguement with CLB.. briere isnt a hundred percent.. and it has a weak pp (worse in the league) no pp qb... bad move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad