Byram --- Girard
Graves --- Johnson

*sees Byram with another top four role

nailed-it.jpg

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just speculation from me but I dont think Calvert was on the ice for morning skate. Combined with obviously someone having to come out of the lineup for Sherwood to go in I'm thinking maybe Calvert isn't healthy.
JJ tweets said he didn't see Compher, so it could be him coming out.

Edit: Ignore me.

Like usual.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Thought about that this morning. We're one groin pull away from a Miska and Werner duo.

Sakic simply has to grit his teeth and trade some assets of value for a true #1 netminder. In this cap frozen year, nobody is going to take Donskoi or Compher off our hands without some value - a #1 and an A prospect at least (Timmins or Helleson at minimum I figure.)

What is the consensus about the value of draft picks if the league does, indeed, postpone the draft for a year? Does that make our #1 in a trade less compelling?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Sakic simply has to grit his teeth and trade some assets of value for a true #1 netminder. In this cap frozen year, nobody is going to take Donskoi or Compher off our hands without some value - a #1 and an A prospect at least (Timmins or Helleson at minimum I figure.)

What is the consensus about the value of draft picks if the league does, indeed, postpone the draft for a year? Does that make our #1 in a trade less compelling?
I'd say our 2021 1st would be more valuable if the draft is pushed back a year. Using it on a 19 year old after an extra season of scouting would be more probable to yield a good player, than spending that pick on an 18 year old after this un-scoutable season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad