JT Miller : Our Brandon Dubinsky clone?

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
It's hard to say how good JT miller is right now in the NHL because he is playing on pure adrenaline right now. I think we'll have a better picture what we have on our hands after 10-15 games. Unfortunately this season is so damn short, Torts is going to have to make some quick decisions with limited information.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
So as of right now, who thinks he stays up past 5 games and who thinks he goes down? (I know it should really be given 3 or 4 games to decide but I'm just curious)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So as of right now, who thinks he stays up past 5 games and who thinks he goes down? (I know it should really be given 3 or 4 games to decide but I'm just curious)

It will be a terrible decision to send him down. He obviously won't always play like he has in the first 2 games. However, even Miller on a bad day has infinitely more skill in his pinky than Boyle does in his 7 foot body. I also don't worry that the Rangers are ruining him. If that were the case he would be struggling now. People also like to bring up players that the Rangers ruined during the dark ages by bringing them up too early, but who? Malhotra? The guy has become a good player but was never going to be anything more than he is now.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT

He stays for now. 3 more games to get a better picture of it, but if he continues to play this well theres no way he gets sent down.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
It would very hard to send a guy down who is contributing. Miller is going to make it as tough as he can for them to send him down. Should be interesting.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
More like the opposite. Miller has a drive to win that has sometimes been at odds with teammates that haven't given it their all. This has been brought up in the past by some scouts. He's almost too much of a leader sometimes.

I guess I forgot the :sarcasm: smiley
Thought that was evident though

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
To be honest, I dont really the comparison.

Why does it seem so important that Miller is replacing a familiar Ranger name? Hes another body that can help with the depth problem -- but again, I havent seen anything yet that would make me link him to another depth guy we lost in a trade.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

To be honest, I dont really the comparison.

Why does it seem so important that Miller is replacing a familiar Ranger name? Hes another body that can help with the depth problem -- but again, I havent seen anything yet that would make me link him to another depth guy we lost in a trade.

Me either. They play different games. And I don't think Miller will ever be as good a skater as Dubinsky. All they have in common, is they're American.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad