Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Assigned to Hartford

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
He didn't look good the other night, but I wish they gave him more than one game before sending him down.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thank God. He is not NHL-ready, yet. This is good for him.

Anyone who is "absolutely shocked" didn't see him play in Phoenix. Miller is lost right now.

Punxrocknyc19*

Thank God. He is not NHL-ready, yet. This is good for him.

Anyone who is "absolutely shocked" didn't see him play in Phoenix. Miller is lost right now.

and Fast didnt :shakehead

thanks to bums like Pyatt and Boyle who are stuck on this roster till they are traded :help:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Fast made a couple nice passes and created a few shots for himself. He looked more prepared for NHL level competition then Miller does.

Although I do agree the Pyatt shouldn't be on the roster anymore but that's a different story.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Probably a good long-term decision.

Exactly. He needs a lot of work. All the physical tools, but the mental game is three or four steps behind. I like the kid and I think he'll be a solid (if nondescript) NHLer, but this is good for long-term development.

Fast made a couple nice passes and created a few shots for himself. He looked more prepared for NHL level competition then Miller does.

Although I do agree the Pyatt shouldn't be on the roster anymore but that's a different story.

Yep. Fast does look near-NHL ready to me. It's surprising, too. Nice to see. I do hope that he can avoid injury, though.

I think everyone knows my stance on Pyatt, but as of right now he is a better NHL option than guys like Miller.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Good. Let the AHL competition begin for who wants to be in the NHL the most. There is a lot of potential in Hartford right now.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
This is great news because it means Callahan is back. Let Miller develop in the AHL for a while, the kid is still so young.

I know we all want Pyatt gone but he's an NHL'er and AV trusts him from the days in Vancouver. It's similar to Torts and Boyle, it's not right but it is what it is. We just gotta hope guys like Fast, Moore and Dorsett force AV's hand on Pyatt.

Punxrocknyc19*

Yeah. Boyle is a "bum." One of the best defensive forwards in the league is a "bum." Right. :laugh:

Pyatt is incredibly mediocre, but he's still a fair bit better than Miller.

if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
So what does this mean for the lineup? AV likes Fast which is cool, but both him and Dorsett are RWers? Does Dorsett move to the left? Does Fast?

I'd really like to see them try Fast and Cally together with one playing the LW. They compliment each other and maybe Richards can play with them when Hagelin comes back.

We'll see at practice later.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Pyatt-Boyle-Fast was perhaps our best line against Phoenix. They didn't create good scoring chances, but they outplayed their opposition which is more than what can be said for the other lines. Pyatt earned every second of his 13 minutes of 5v5 ice time. They certainly played closest to their potential compared to the other lines. If they can bring that every night, we have a really good third line no matter what people's opinions are of the individual players.

Miller was OTOH brutal along with D. Moore, that line was constantly stuck in their own end.

yankeecpt15

Apr 30, 2005
CT
Miller came into camp the worst shape he has ever been in and that did not sit too well with the FO

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Would have liked to have seen the kid stay but he's still very young.

Think if given 10 mins of TOI per game and left to learn the game its not going to kill us.

Flip side this is not the worst decision either.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He'll be back when and if we have injuries. Now the onus is on Fast to prove he deserves to stay between now and when Hagelin returns.

I'd say Fast and Pyatt are fighting for a roster spot over the next month.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Upside: Callahan will be back

Downside: Pyatt will lead forwards in ice time.

We're off to a great start.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The kid has the touch and the vision to be a very solid NHL center. All the arguments for him over Pyatt are short-sighted. Give him 15-20 minutes a game working with Kreider, Kristo and Hrivik. :nod:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.
You took what he meant to seriously. The bottom line is Boyle makes this team better because of his defensive play. He skates well enough, is solid on the dot, and PKs very well. He was great in the opener. You just don't see those things and never will because in your eyes, Boyle is a big guy who doesn't fight...

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He'll be back when and if we have injuries. Now the onus is on Fast to prove he deserves to stay between now and when Hagelin returns.

I'd say Fast and Pyatt are fighting for a roster spot over the next month.

If they continue as they did in the Phoenix game, I'd say D. Moore and Dorsett are in more danger than Pyatt and Fast.

Though Pyatt's blatant lack of PK ability does hurt him.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The right move. Although i like miller and fast they arent ready to get top minutes. Fats is probably gonna follow miller soon. Id rather them play big minutes in hartford and come back this season along with kreider and lindberg. the good news is that next season we dont have a lot of depth within so we dont have to spend on FA

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad