Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Assigned to Hartford

Punxrocknyc19*

You took what he meant to seriously. The bottom line is Boyle makes this team better because of his defensive play. He skates well enough, is solid on the dot, and PKs very well. He was great in the opener. You just don't see those things and never will because in your eyes, Boyle is a big guy who doesn't fight...

he is a big guy that sucks.. back in the day Eric Daze was a big guy but he was a solid goal scorer.. id take a big guy that plays big over a big guy that just does not do anything all that well....

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.

For who? I love what he brings and for the 4th line.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I wish we would just trade Boyle so we could stop talking about him in every thread, even the ones that aren't about him.

Anyway, I don't think it's terrible for Miller to spend some more time in the minors. When we drafted him, I don't think any of us expected him to already be this close to the NHL at this point. If he takes some more time down there, so be it.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Miller is sent down, but Callahan's activation being the corresponding roster move has to be good news.
I think its better than having him in Hartford than on the 4th line. I understand he had a good preseason but that always translate into playing top minutes regularly. he needs some more time. I expect a few of the kids to be up again this season

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
This is absutely the best thing for his development. Let him go play 18-20 min a night in all situations this year in the A. Make him force/earn his way back to the show. He is not ready right now.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
and Fast didnt :shakehead

thanks to bums like Pyatt and Boyle who are stuck on this roster till they are traded :help:

Fast's hockey IQ is so much higher than Miller's right now. Miller tries making things happen, but it's usually the wrong play. He's not ready.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
if Boyle was one of the best defensive forwards in the league, he would be a selke candidate... he is just a 4th liner that gets more ice time than he needs. he is replaceable like Betts was in the past.

How many times was Jay Pandolfo a selke candidate? Sam Pahlsson? Jay Pandolfo? Thats a horrible measure to use.

But even so: only three guys get nominated. I could name at least three, and probably many more, forwards who are better offensively than Eric Stasl. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good offensive player.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Glad we don't keep players like Boyle, Nash, Pyatt to the same
1 game and your out standards. Gesh. Stepan should be in Charlotte with his poor play already.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
How many times was Jay Pandolfo a selke candidate? Sam Pahlsson? Jay Pandolfo? Thats a horrible measure to use.

But even so: only three guys get nominated. I could name at least three, and probably many more, forwards who are better offensively than Eric Stasl. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good offensive player.

PÃ¥hlsson's defensive prowess is vastly overstated, you aren't a good defensive player if the puck constantly finds it's way into your own net. He is perceived as a good defensive player because he always found himself defending on the ice. Confirmation bias.

He got tough defensive assignments, sure. But that doesn't make him a better defensive player than a Datsyuk who defends by always having the puck in the offensive zone.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Glad we don't keep players like Boyle, Nash, Pyatt to the same
1 game and your out standards. Gesh. Stepan should be in Charlotte with his poor play already.

Uh, Miller wasn't ready in the pre-season, either. Far more than one game. The only reason he was up was Callahan wasn't ready to go. He would have been down if Callahan was good to go on opening night.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Same thing will happen with Fast when Hagelin is ready. It will only benefit these kids to spend time getting big minutes in the A.
Exactly. Just because miller was sent first doesnt mean fast is staying. In fact AV played Fats liek 8-9 minutes which shows he is not ready to play big minutes yet

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Miller came into camp the worst shape he has ever been in and that did not sit too well with the FO

[MOD]

I still think he's a better option over Pyatt. We have NO OFFENSE!!!

Nice job editing that. Even though its 100% true and I have photos to prove it. Why edit something like this?

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Probably a good long-term decision.

yea at first I was surprised as I thought it would be Fast but then it does make sense since JT is a kid and Fast is older with Euro experience.

I don't get why Cally is playing with Boyle and Pyatt though.

Seems like Fast with Moore and Dorsett. Asham spares. top two lines the same with Nash, Stepan , Richards, Brassard, Zucarello, Pouliott.

Again just switch Cally with say Pouliott. Fast has 9 games to prove himself cause Hagein should be back then

satrabyk

Dec 10, 2008
He was one of the better skaters last game, -1 for new coach. Honestly Derek Dorset is awful why is he on the team? Plus Moore looked terrible, lost

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I don't think AV did him any favors playing wing on the 4th line.

I'm sure Fast is next, when Hagelin is back..

I know some of these kids aren't totally NHL ready, but a couple of them are better options than Pyatt. I mean our 3rd line is, Boyle and Pyatt. That's not cup caliber. When you consider the top 6 is good, not great.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Boyle and Pyatt need to go. Two HUGE wastes of roster spots on a roster already devoid of goalscoring.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Boyle and Pyatt need to go. Two HUGE wastes of roster spots on a roster already devoid of goalscoring.

When hagelin returns they should move Richards back to C and Boyle to 4th line wing and pk. He's less crappy in that role

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
yea at first I was surprised as I thought it would be Fast but then it does make sense since JT is a kid and Fast is older with Euro experience.

I don't get why Cally is playing with Boyle and Pyatt though.

Seems like Fast with Moore and Dorsett. Asham spares. top two lines the same with Nash, Stepan , Richards, Brassard, Zucarello, Pouliott.

Again just switch Cally with say Pouliott. Fast has 9 games to prove himself cause Hagein should be back then

That's the line he's playing on to start his first period in his first game since April/May. That could change half way through the first period or whenever he's fully up to speed. It's not a terrible idea to let the guy get his feet wet. We all know that in 2 weeks he'll be in the top 6 playing on the PP and PK... Talk about making something out of nothing...

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
That's the line he's playing on to start his first period in his first game since April/May. That could change half way through the first period or whenever he's fully up to speed. It's not a terrible idea to let the guy get his feet wet. We all know that in 2 weeks he'll be in the top 6 playing on the PP and PK... Talk about making something out of nothing...

I actually think thats a pretty good line for Cally. I would much rather see Fast with more offensive players. Cally is a "lunch pale" player who plays well with guys of similar style. Irregardless if I think that Boyle/Pyatt should be moved during the season...

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Uh, Miller wasn't ready in the pre-season, either. Far more than one game. The only reason he was up was Callahan wasn't ready to go. He would have been down if Callahan was good to go on opening night.

Miller missed early camp with an injury. Was behind early, that's my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad