Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Assigned to Hartford

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'm glad Miller was sent down, he has had 1 good NHL game in the last 2 years and that was his NHL debut last season. I'm excited to see him play when he is NHL ready - I thought he was great in the World Junior's last year.

Any self respecting Ranger fan should be happy with this news. JT Miller is only 20 and has struggled mightily in his 27 NHL games. He needs big minutes in Hartford, where he incidentally scored 2 goals this weekend.

Its the folks who pine for Miller (or anybody else who isn't ready) as an offensive upgrade over Boyle that are out to lunch on the subject of prospect development.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Bottom 3. then we can move on.

...in a perfect world. You continue to project the entirety of the Rangers' roster issues onto Brian Boyle. Its this anyone but Boyle mentality that causes you to consistently step on intellectual landmines, like your endorsements of Jeff Halpern last year.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Anaheim and Chicago were two of the top teams in the NHL regular season in 2013. Look at the production from their bottom six players. Look at the production from the Rangers bottom six players. Its not getting better this season with the current personnel on the team right now. AV feels veteran players should get a longer look or a longer opportunity at the start of the season. The Rangers aren't winning anything with players who do nothing but give the other forwards a rest. Why don't they just send Fast to the AHL and bring up Powe? The cap hit is only $170,000 higher. Go with the veteran lineup this season or most of the season. Evalaute the players with one way contracts. Go with a younger lineup next season. The cap goes to $68M-$70M. Re-sign the key guys. Fill out the roster with the young guys. The coach has a 5 year contract. Sather isn't going anywhere even if he gives up the GM title at some point to Gorton. Job security isn't an issue with these guys. Dolan has changed Knicks bosses 5 times since Slats came here in 2000.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Miller is a center. He played his best game in Edmonton. He played center that game. Millsy played his best hockey last season at center in his brief stint with the Rangers. Fourth line wing is a waste of time.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Miller is a center. He played his best game in Edmonton. He played center that game. Millsy played his best hockey last season at center in his brief stint with the Rangers. Fourth line wing is a waste of time.

I really think he earned the 3rd line center spot. Oh well. He'll be back.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Anaheim and Chicago were two of the top teams in the NHL regular season in 2013. Look at the production from their bottom six players. Look at the production from the Rangers bottom six players. Its not getting better this season with the current personnel on the team right now. AV feels veteran players should get a longer look or a longer opportunity at the start of the season. The Rangers aren't winning anything with players who do nothing but give the other forwards a rest. Why don't they just send Fast to the AHL and bring up Powe? The cap hit is only $170,000 higher. Go with the veteran lineup this season or most of the season. Evalaute the players with one way contracts. Go with a younger lineup next season. The cap goes to $68M-$70M. Re-sign the key guys. Fill out the roster with the young guys. The coach has a 5 year contract. Sather isn't going anywhere even if he gives up the GM title at some point to Gorton. Job security isn't an issue with these guys. Dolan has changed Knicks bosses 5 times since Slats came here in 2000.

Showcasing some of the older players?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Nothing wrong with Miller going down. He had to know it was a possibility with Hagelin and Callahan returning at some point. Especially on a team that's over saturated with centers.

There seems to be a lowered standard with prospects. The door has been open but neither nor Miller have stepped through that door and then slammed it behind them the way Callahan did (his second time around), Dubinsky, Staal or McDonagh did.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What is there to showcase? If these were players other teams wanted for these roles, we would want to keep them.

The players the Rangers have would be, and are, good complimentary depth pieces. The problem is they are all complimentary players with no one in the bottom-6 to compliment. Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham. All complimentary pieces.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The players the Rangers have would be, and are, good complimentary depth pieces. The problem is they are all complimentary players with no one in the bottom-6 to compliment. Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham. All complimentary pieces.

Fair enough, but it doesn't really do much to showcase them in situations that aren't ideal for them.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

I agree with you, that's the best long term plan.
Miller is 20, nothing wrong with spending 1+ season in the AHL.
Same goes with Kreider. He doesn't have a full professional season under his belt yet and some on these boards are already calling him a bust. :shakehead
McIlrath needs 1 more season in the AHL.
I don't know why they scratched Fast, he should be sent down to the AHL to play, call up a vet.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
he is a big guy that sucks.. back in the day Eric Daze was a big guy but he was a solid goal scorer.. id take a big guy that plays big over a big guy that just does not do anything all that well....

Another fan that doesn't see value unless it is easy to see on every shift.

Adding to the hilarity is bringing up Daze who fell far short of what it looked like he would become.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I will be surprised if he is. AV made it quite clear

What? The quote in the article when I clicked it was

"We're playing against one of the biggest teams in the NHL, Stanley Cup champions two years ago," Vigneault said after practice Sunday. "They roll four lines and use their size, and Arron is one of our more physical players. I knew I was going to put Arron in the lineup sooner rather than later."

I can't find a mention of SJ in there.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Found it now. I hadn't read through all the articles yet. That's fine and makes sense too. Of course I keep forgetting that they play in LA, travel to San Jose, and then travel back to LA to play Anaheim on Thursday, as if that makes sense. I'll amend it to say that I'd be surprised if Fast didn't play Thursday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad