GDT: Jou fèt lanmò jwèt Canards par Bruins 10/31 @4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
Vatanen is going to get suspended for repeated attemps to injure the opposing team and their shins :sarcasm:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Damn, forgot that we had changed to/from DST in Europe a week ago, so I missed the first half of the first period... :rant:

We were lucky (or whatever?) with those two calls on Marchand.
Don't think the second one was really arguable. He's taking a hand of his stick and hugs the opponent right in front of the ref. That has pretty much been an automatic one for years now.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Fowler has a better pp shot then vatanen.

Vats wildy winds up and just fires it all over. I like when fowler just feathers one in, get the tip from guy in front (like other game).

Better chance to score from the deflection then trying to beat the goalie on power alone, unless its souray.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
Fowler has a better pp shot then vatanen.

Vats wildy winds up and just fires it all over. I like when fowler just feathers one in, get the tip from guy in front (like other game).

Better chance to score from the deflection then trying to beat the goalie on power alone, unless its souray.

The fact that Vatanen just shoots in huge quantities helps the PP1 more than tentative Fowler. The 1st unit has three guys who are good with rebounds around the net (Perry, Getzlaf, Maroon).

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
The fact that Vatanen just shoots in huge quantities helps the PP1 more than tentative Fowler. The 1st unit has three guys who are good with rebounds around the net (Perry, Getzlaf, Maroon).

honestly i'd be a bit worried about being in front of his shot. you have no clue where it is going.

unglue fowler from the point so he can roam and i would take him on the pp over vats any day.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

You need to be able to get it to the net to get a rebound.

I'd be willing to bet Fowler has gotten more to the net than Vatanen, at this point.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
You need to be able to get it to the net to get a rebound.

I'd be willing to bet Fowler has gotten more to the net than Vatanen, at this point.

To me it's more an issue of who takes more shots in general. The PP has far too much passing when Fowler and Getzlaf play the points. Every team knows Perry is the only threat.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
To me it's more an issue of who takes more shots in general. The PP has far too much passing when Fowler and Getzlaf play the points. Every team knows Perry is the only threat.

But our PP unit has also included Vatanen and Fowler on the point. What then?

My issue with our PP isn't shooting. It isn't even passing. It's movement. No one is moving. We've got this umbrella formation that just stands there, passing back and forth, and then when we finally do shoot we're hitting shinpads or missing the net.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
But our PP unit has also included Vatanen and Fowler on the point. What then?

My issue with our PP isn't shooting. It isn't even passing. It's movement. No one is moving. We've got this umbrella formation that just stands there, passing back and forth, and then when we finally do shoot we're hitting shinpads or missing the net.

Guess we have different assessments of it then. When it had Vatanen-Fowler, to me the biggest weakness was just gaining possession and getting thing set up. With Bonino taking the F/Os instead of Getzlaf, I think that's a step in the right direction. But I agree, with or without changes, it always stagnant.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Completely agreed. We need to get the penalty killers moving in ways they don't want to. When our guys aren't skating, they can comfortably play the way they want to, and we're giving them no difficulty. We need to move our feet and create more passing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad