GDT: Jou fèt lanmò jwèt Canards par Bruins 10/31 @4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
To me the biggest thing is that the PP isn't even creating much, at this point. Earlier in the season, it wasn't putting up any results, either, but at least they were getting lots of chances, and it seemed like a matter of time more than anything. I suppose that wait took a little too long, and the lack of success starting to get into their heads, so now we're grabbing sticks a little too tight, overthink the easy plays and underthink the hard ones, make bad decisions and don't even create much danger anymore.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
But, Penner sucks, we should trade 2 of our best young prospects for a 34 year old UFA so we can actually have a good winger :sarcasm:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
IMO the main issue with our powerplay isn't so much the setup as it is the decision making. Far too many times, especially on 5-3's they try to pass the puck into the net essentially. They just need to simplify things. Quit trying to be so fancy and shoot the puck when you have a lane. Let Perry/Bonino/whoever clean up some lose change instead of trying to make a pretty play.

Vatanen is doing plenty of shooting but more often than not his shot is going high and wide. I think the decision making about when to shoot/pass is severely lacking at the moment.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Umbrella is a stupid PP strategy.

1. Force shots from the point.
2. ???
3. PP success

It's actually a pretty good strategy when you've got the right players for it.

Anaheim, at present, doesn't seem to.

Sami is the guy quarterbacking the PP, and unfortunately he lacks the D ability and the ability to get the puck through. From there, the entire PP strategy goes downhill.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I never see the Ducks run that play where a dman sneaks down the side and Getzy catches him with a pass. I think they ran that play a lot with Lubo and it worked pretty well.

Ducksgo*

I don't know how our PP could be so bad now that Sami is here. I'm certain I was guaranteed that he and his shot would be the star of the PP. How can this be? :huh:

I blame BB messing up Etems minutes. He didn't get a lick at PP time last night....

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I blame BB messing up Etems minutes. He didn't get a lick at PP time last night....

Stop forcing Etem down our throats at every possible opportunity. Eddie didn't say a single thing that referenced Etem.

Ducksgo*

Stop forcing Etem down our throats at every possible opportunity. Eddie didn't say a single thing that referenced Etem.

I didn't mean to reference him. How do I sign in on mobile without quoting? Besides that point, You go from a decent power play with Etem last game. Cut his minutes and no PP time. And we're back to the same ole power kill. I don't get BB sometimes man. Whether it's Etem or not. Have you heard the saying if it's not broke don't fix it?

The PP is crap again. All I gotta say

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I didn't mean to reference him. How do I sign in on mobile without quoting? Besides that point, You go from a decent power play with Etem last game. Cut his minutes and no PP time. And we're back to the same ole power kill. I don't get BB sometimes man. Whether it's Etem or not. Have you heard the saying if it's not broke don't fix it?

The PP is crap again. All I gotta say

The problem we have with the PP is the QBing from the point. We have 4 guys who can stand in front of the net (Perry, Penner, Etem & Maroon) who are all pretty decent at it - substituting Etem for one of the other guys isn't going to fix the actual problem.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

It's actually a pretty good strategy when you've got the right players for it.

Anaheim, at present, doesn't seem to.

Sami is the guy quarterbacking the PP, and unfortunately he lacks the D ability and the ability to get the puck through. From there, the entire PP strategy goes downhill.

That guy blinks so much that it's annoying and distracting.

DaDucks*

Yeah
Sami has been a major dissapointment this year. Can't understand why he has any fans at all, probably should just be waived.

What a joke lol

Ducksgo*

People are rockin 65 at honda I will take pics when they get back :laugh: Can our admin find out how to Facebook to HF boards? Just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad