Proposal: Jost + Avs 1st for Second line center

Weast

May 16, 2011
Which second line center (Or winger but preferably center) could the Avs snatch up for Jost and their first. Jost is having a rough year so far with only 2G 1A in 13 GP this season but he is young, smart, and pretty good defensively. I think the Avs are looking for a solid long-ish term player so mid to late 20s and with at least a few more years under contract would be ideal.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Jostand a 1st in the 20sdoesnt get you a 2nd line center with 3+ yrs left unless this is looked at as an aging cap dump.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It’ll take a better centerpiece for the caliber of guy we need. Think the Sens pick, Barrie or Makar, not Jost

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Dont usually come here, but I know of a 2nd line Center that probably is available. Kevin Hayes, Think Kevin is only 26, and having his best season ever, and has been acting like a shutdown center as well.. The Rangers just gave him a 1 year deal.....to buy them some time. I KNOW the Rangers are wanting at least that 1st you've offered, not sure if your Jost kid is on their list of wants.

From what Ive read on the Rangers boards, he has already been somewhat "linked" to the AVS, but not sure in what capacity.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
From what Ive read on the Rangers boards, he has already been somewhat "linked" to the AVS, but not sure in what capacity.

Avs and Rangers were his finalists out of college.

Doesn't make sense to pay a 1st, Jost or both for Hayes. He's not the answer. Zibanejad would be more preferred, but 1st + Jost is a tough one to pay given the Avs wouldn't even trade that for Skinner.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Avs and Rangers were his finalists out of college.

Doesn't make sense to pay a 1st, Jost or both for Hayes. He's not the answer. Zibanejad would be more preferred, but 1st + Jost is a tough one to pay given the Avs wouldn't even trade that for Skinner.

I could see Jost + 1st for Zibanejad a good deal for both team. Seems quite fair here from a neutral fan.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I could see Jost + 1st for Zibanejad a good deal for both team. Seems quite fair here from a neutral fan.
It might be "fair", but 2 things. Pretty sure theyre not giving up Zbad, and more importantly they dont need Jost as we have our C position aligning pretty well for future. That Makar kid, and even Timmons seems more like what they might want.
But again, MY offer was Hayes, not Zbad. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad