Player Discussion Joshua Roy

Jul 6, 2016
Gally won't accept that for long. That is why, I see Roy starting at AHL level IF he cannot crack the top six at next training camp. Gally-Newhook-Armia were pretty good together in the last stretch. Could be our third line.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Gally won't accept that for long. That is why, I see Roy starting at AHL level IF he cannot crack the top six at next training camp. Gally-Newhook-Armia were pretty good together in the last stretch. Could be our third line.
Yeah i see your point on that as Newgallyarmy was quite impressive... alot of guys are high on Roy, but im still iffy on him unless he can become a 2 way shutdown player with scoring upside.

I'd like to see him start in the AHL again next year, and look to improve on his numbers and skating.... i think his IQ is very high though..

As for Gally, i see him becoming bitter as he just gets slower and slower... really hope hugo can leverage his hot finish to trade him for a 3rd in '26

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I didn’t get to see much of him on the Habs but I never seen him play scared before. He’s usually low key somewhat physical. Not a bruiser by any means but can engage physically
Again, hope I am wrong..............but I noticed on a few occasions his shying away from making a play because it was going to get him hit.......let's hope it doesn't continue.
The kid has some skills! Hoping he makes the top 9 with us, and can move up when needed to the top 6.....

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Again, hope I am wrong..............but I noticed on a few occasions his shying away from making a play because it was going to get him hit.......let's hope it doesn't continue.
The kid has some skills! Hoping he makes the top 9 with us, and can move up when needed to the top 6.....
That could’ve been the case when he got called up. Yeah maybe he was nursing something or just didn’t feel confident taking the body yet in the pros? I very well could’ve been wrong in my assessment too.

Yeah I like him a lot. Cautiously optimistic

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That could’ve been the case when he got called up. Yeah maybe he was nursing something or just didn’t feel confident taking the body yet in the pros? I very well could’ve been wrong in my assessment too.

Yeah I like him a lot. Cautiously optimistic
He has talent..........there is no doubt there.
Let's hope for the best with this kid, man we need some secondary scoring in a big way.
We are paper thin on the prospect front with forwards.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
What would Gally not accepting it actually look like though? A public trade request, waiving his NMC so he can be put on waivers, agree to a contract termination and give up the millions he's owed so he can sign with a team that would play him more?

He doesn't really have many options beyond working hard, being a professional, and hoping that a rebuilding team wants him as the type of vet to surround their young draft picks, if he complains or sulks then that tanks not only his reputation/legacy but also the only viable trade prospects he has.

Reactions: tazsub3

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
How are you getting Kyrou without our 1st (which you're using to pick Lindstom), Newhook, Dach or Roy?

Also, Slaf didn't even play 2nd line as an 18 year old rookie.
Id be fine throwing in Roy/Beck and WPG 1st for Kyrou

Everyone is always too possessive about giving up picks in the 20+ area, but if we can use those picks to pick up RFAs like Newhook, or trades for Kyrou, etc... i fail to see how that is not a win? Sure, some might not work out, but Newhook (example) is way more valuable than what we gave ainec.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Everyone is always too possessive about giving up picks in the 20+ area, but if we can use those picks to pick up RFAs like Newhook, or trades for Kyrou, etc... i fail to see how that is not a win? Sure, some might not work out, but Newhook (example) is way more valuable than what we gave ainec.

Would you trade Suzuki or Caufield for Roy/Beck and WPG 1st? No you wouldn’t, so neither would the Blues trade Kyrou for that package.

Ridiculous.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Accept it or permanent scratch his ass. He's getting paid enough he has to take whatever we give him.
There was a an article about the habs need Gally to play a lesser role, but an important one........he is a 4th line player. I could also see him a healthy scratch at times, in the next year or two.
He had a strong finish to a miserable start this year. Newhook reignited Armia and Gallagher late in the season!

Depending on trades/draft this offseason, Roy is not making the top 6 but will make the top 9
Gally? He is in tough for sure....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There was a an article about the habs need Gally to play a lesser role, but an important one........he is a 4th line player. I could also see him a healthy scratch at times, in the next year or two.
He had a strong finish to a miserable start this year. Newhook reignited Armia and Gallagher late in the season!

Depending on trades/draft this offseason, Roy is not making the top 6 but will make the top 9
Gally? He is in tough for sure....
Gallagher ultimately ends up finishing his career with the Habs on the 4th line, it's inevitable.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021

Roy/Beck and the WPG 1st would need to be throw-ins where we start with our 1st rounder just to get them to not hang up the phone

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
If I’m Kent Hughes I give him a real shot at top 6 with Dach and Newhook to start the year. Not 3-4 games, like 40 games unless he’s real bad…

He’s the only one who *might* fill this spot internally. If it doesn’t work go find a top 6 forwards via trade.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Roy/Beck and the WPG 1st would need to be throw-ins where we start with our 1st rounder just to get them to not hang up the phone
Yeah i thought kyrou was RFA, didnt realuze he already signed out... no way we can get him, though he would be an ideal 2C behind Suzuki or vice versa. Signed to 8.1m cap hit aav which keeps him in line with team pay structure until 2030 so we get his 25-30 years.

If we dont win the lottery (and/or cant draft) Lindstrom, id send STL our 1st, wpg 1st, mesar, Roy.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I'm still surprised on how little he's talked about in the Mtl medias (and fans). He cleared showed he was top6 talent. The way he kills play is elite and is a great showing of his high hockeyIQ. Add a great shot and he's one hell of a player.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah i thought kyrou was RFA, didnt realuze he already signed out... no way we can get him, though he would be an ideal 2C behind Suzuki or vice versa. Signed to 8.1m cap hit aav which keeps him in line with team pay structure until 2030 so we get his 25-30 years.

If we dont win the lottery (and/or cant draft) Lindstrom, id send STL our 1st, wpg 1st, mesar, Roy.

I don't see why he'd be ideal, he's not a center and doesn't really have the defensive play to be effective there.

Reactions: Dutronc

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
I don't really think Gallagher sees himself as a top 6 guy anymore. I don't think he has the motor for that kind of ice-time, anyways. He's a 4th liner that can contribute and move up in case of injuries. He seems to like playing with Evans. I wouldn't worry about him pouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad